URL : http://forum.artscow.com/ShowPost.aspx?ThreadId=53201
Charging for paid kit in a Book Post By Charlotte Young - 4/4/2010 1:05:56
Ok, I used one emballishment from a paid kit. I deleted that item and the kit. (I had not bought to kit, just added it to MY kits) It is still charging me for the kit in checkout. I can't figure out what is wrong. I went so far as went page by page to see if an embellishment was hidden another picture. U can't find one.

Any suggestions.

RE:Charging for paid kit in a Book Post By Alana - 6/4/2010 11:27:35
It's retarded, but for some reason, once you use an item from a kit, that kit sticks w/ your product for life. You basically have to start from scratch. I don't know if a SAVEAS would work or not. It's been a bug for a LONG time and I don't know why it's not a priority for AC to fix it.

Hopefully somebody else knows better than I do. I don't work w/ kits all too often, so there's a good chance somebody knows better than I do.
RE:Charging for paid kit in a Book Post By Blair Hill - 20/4/2010 20:00:48
You can actually go into to my client designer and on the right hand side where it says add kits and remove kits hit remove kits and whichever kit you have associated with your item that you don't want, you can click "remove kit" and it won't be associated with your product any more, and the price will be taken off !:)
RE:RE:Charging for paid kit in a Book Post By Charlotte Young - 13/5/2010 8:50:42
Oh my! Thank you so much. That worked. I have been trying to correct a kit for weeks.

Charlotte
RE:RE:Charging for paid kit in a Book Post By myphotos - 16/6/2010 0:44:48
>You can actually go into to my client designer and on the right hand side where it says add kits and remove kits hit remove kits and whichever kit you have associated with your item that you don't want, you can click "remove kit" and it won't be associated with your product any more, and the price will be taken off !:)

True, that's often easier. Sometimes you have to remove all elements before, or it can get stuck.
I've had the annoying problem of being charged for kits multiple times for the same kit.