URL : http://forum.artscow.com/ShowPost.aspx?ThreadId=8876
Love my 8" x 8" photobook (Pictures included) Post By Carrie - 4/7/2008 21:07:41
I'm a digi scrapper and I LOVE the photobook option. It's so nice to have 30 layouts in one little book. I will be ordering these as gifts for the grandparents to have on their bookshelves. Thanks!

here are the links to the photos

RE:Love my photobook Post By Carol - 5/7/2008 0:09:21
Your book looks fabulous, great job.

>I'm a digi scrapper and I LOVE the photobook option. It's so nice to have 30 layouts in one little book. I will be ordering these as gifts for the grandparents to have on their bookshelves. Thanks!
>
>here are the links to the photos
>
RE:Love my photobook Post By Tanya - 5/7/2008 1:46:30
Where do you go to do the digiscrapbook pages? I love to scrapbook and have tons of stuff but I would love to get into the digiscrapping. What programs do I need? Where do I start?

BTW, I love your book!!!! You did great work!

>I'm a digi scrapper and I LOVE the photobook option. It's so nice to have 30 layouts in one little book. I will be ordering these as gifts for the grandparents to have on their bookshelves. Thanks!
>
RE:Love my photobook Post By Carrie - 5/7/2008 2:16:08
a few places I love to visit for learning to digi scrap

www.twopeasinabucket.com
digifree.blogspot.com - places where you can get free downloads
www.jessicasprague.com
www.digishoptalk.com/

if you have any questions you can email me cls0513 at yahoo dot com
RE:RE:Love my photobook Post By H Fowler - 5/7/2008 12:21:36
>Where do you go to do the digiscrapbook pages? I love to scrapbook and have tons of stuff but I would love to get into the digiscrapping. What programs do I need? Where do I start?
>
>BTW, I love your book!!!! You did great work!

>
>>I'm a digi scrapper and I LOVE the photobook option. It's so nice to have 30 layouts in one little book. I will be ordering these as gifts for the grandparents to have on their bookshelves. Thanks!
>>
>>here are the links to the photos

You need a program like Photoshop Elements to digiscrap. It's an investment, but it's worth it when you think of all you spend for paper and things to do your regular scrapbooks. Shabbyprincess.com has lots of tutorials on learning to digiscrap. The best part is that there are TONS of digital freebies for scrapbooking. You don't actually have to buy and paper or elements if you don't want to. Have fun!
RE:RE:RE:Love my photobook Post By Carrie - 5/7/2008 20:00:01
yes Photoshop elements is my best friend. I love shabbyprincess she has great things. There are tons of sites out there - just google digital scrapbooking or digital scrapbooking tutorials or freebies.
Carrie

>>Where do you go to do the digiscrapbook pages? I love to scrapbook and have tons of stuff but I would love to get into the digiscrapping. What programs do I need? Where do I start?
>>
>>BTW, I love your book!!!! You did great work!

>>
>>>I'm a digi scrapper and I LOVE the photobook option. It's so nice to have 30 layouts in one little book. I will be ordering these as gifts for the grandparents to have on their bookshelves. Thanks!
>>>
>>>here are the links to the photos
>
>
>You need a program like Photoshop Elements to digiscrap. It's an investment, but it's worth it when you think of all you spend for paper and things to do your regular scrapbooks. Shabbyprincess.com has lots of tutorials on learning to digiscrap. The best part is that there are TONS of digital freebies for scrapbooking. You don't actually have to buy and paper or elements if you don't want to. Have fun!
RE:Love my photobook Post By Tanya - 7/7/2008 8:16:47
I will look into buying the PSE. Sounds like so much fun! Thanks for all the input.
RE:RE:Love my photobook Post By Tanya - 7/7/2008 9:09:23

Is this the version that I would need?

RE:RE:RE:Love my photobook Post By Carrie - 7/7/2008 10:01:27
yes that's the most updated version - i only have PS5.
I saw it on sale here in the states for $70 but for the life of me can't remember which ad.
carrie
RE:RE:RE:RE:Love my photobook Post By Tanya - 7/7/2008 15:51:05
Great, thanks! I'm researching it online to see what kind of a deal I can get. There are many new ones on Ebay as well. I did find it at Dell though. Its 99.99 plus an instant 30.00 off making it 69.99. There is then a 20.00 rebate that ends up making it 49.99. Shipping to me was only 4.99.........so not too bad. It does expire July 10th though.

RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:Love my photobook Post By Carrie - 7/7/2008 18:31:57
trust me when i say it will be the best $$ you spend. I love it for enhancing photos, cropping, digi scrapping, creating invitations, creating baby announcements, etc. I don't know what I did without it.
Carrie

>Great, thanks! I'm researching it online to see what kind of a deal I can get. There are many new ones on Ebay as well. I did find it at Dell though. Its 99.99 plus an instant 30.00 off making it 69.99. There is then a 20.00 rebate that ends up making it 49.99. Shipping to me was only 4.99.........so not too bad. It does expire July 10th though.
>
>
RE:Love my photobook (Pictures included) Post By Madeline Arce - 8/7/2008 12:04:47
I am curious how you did that. Are you creating the layouts ad then uploading those images to ArtsCow? That really is awesome.

>
>
RE:RE:Love my photobook (Pictures included) Post By Carrie - 8/7/2008 19:12:12
currect. I create my layouts in PSE5 in a 12x12 format 300 dpi. then i take the artscow template that is 8x8 witht the bleed lines and merge it into that. Flatten that image. Then I upload all my 8x8 templates to artscow and pop them in. The sites i listed above have great resources for free elements to use on your pages, etc. so basically you create them the way you want with the material you have and go. Many of the other companies allow this as well but their conversion of things is 20 more steps than ArtsCow.
if you have questions you can email me at cls0513 at yahoo dot com
Carrie

>I am curious how you did that. Are you creating the layouts ad then uploading those images to ArtsCow? That really is awesome.
>
>>I'm a digi scrapper and I LOVE the photobook option. It's so nice to have 30 layouts in one little book. I will be ordering these as gifts for the grandparents to have on their bookshelves. Thanks!
>>
>>
RE:Love my photobook (Pictures included) Post By Jennie Keen - 8/7/2008 22:17:02
Hi Carrie! I'm also a digiscrapper and am working on my first photobook now. Just a question - did you use a true 8x8 canvas size to upload, or did you go a little larger for a bleed on the page? Thanks! Jennie

RE:RE:Love my photobook (Pictures included) Post By Carrie - 9/7/2008 9:09:35
I used the arts cow 8x8 template which shows the bleed line on their 8x8. I adjusted the pictures in that bleed line and then flattened the image which gave it a white space around for the bleed? does that make sense?
Carrie
RE:Love my photobook (Pictures included) Post By Kathy Holmes - 12/7/2008 0:55:15
Wow. This is awesome. Great job!
RE:Love my photobook (Pictures included) Post By H Fowler - 17/7/2008 11:25:41
I love your book. Your layouts are great!

RE:Love my photobook (Pictures included) Post By lucy - 19/7/2008 5:39:20
Wow, Great book. thanks for all the info. I am going to try. Lucy

>
>
RE:Love my photobook (Pictures included) Post By blushbutter - 22/7/2008 13:21:46
beautiful scrapping ! these pages are breath taking!
RE:RE:Love my photobook Post By Paula - 8/5/2009 1:28:31
I really love the 2 pager of the bowling. How were you able to line them up correctly? did you create 2 8x8's or one 8 x 16?

Thanks!

>Your book looks fabulous, great job.
>
>>
>>
RE:RE:RE:Love my photobook Post By KLH - 8/5/2009 1:49:06
Nice book!! I love the bright colors on the cover.

As a side note, you do not need to purchase Photoshop Elements (or any other program) to digiscrap. I actually have the full version of Photoshop, but have found it to be cumbersome when I'm just trying to complete a book. I'm not familiar with Photoshop Elements, but I know that with Photoshop original, layering photos/papers/elements in a 12x12 300 dpi can create a HUGE file. (like 30+ MB) Multiply that by the number of pages in your book, and that's a LOT of room on your hard drive. Even saving them as jpg files, they are still large files to upload for your book.

What I do is download digiscrap elements from websites like the ones that were already mentioned, and then I upload those as "photos" into a photo album on artscow. You can create your book right in the artscow photobook designer, and you can use the same elements (papers, embellishments, etc) over and over. You just insert the digiscrap elements like you would any of your other photos. That said, I know some people will prefer the features in more advanced photo editing programs (like Photoshop filters, many more fonts, feathering, photo editing/touch ups, etc).

Maybe you want to try that method and see if you like it before buying a program. It works for me!

RE:Love my 8" x 8" photobook (Pictures included) Post By nueng - 19/6/2009 10:20:32
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
RE:Love my 8" x 8" photobook (Pictures included) Post By nueng - 19/6/2009 10:21:42
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
RE:Love my 8" x 8" photobook (Pictures included) Post By Mindy - 25/8/2009 9:07:06
Hi Carrie -

Did you design your layouts outside of artscow, save them as .jpg and bring them into the book? I use Photoshop and plan to create pages with it and bring it into the book. Did you need to leave an edge for binding I am having trouble understanding the technical specs info on the site. If I knew how much space to leave in photoshop it would be helpful.

Thanks in advance for your help - your book looks awesome.

Mindy

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
RE:Love my 8" x 8" photobook (Pictures included) Post By yentran422 - 9/10/2015 12:25:05
Thanks for sharing.
happy wheels | juegos kizi |
mobogenie descargar | agar io | agario | five nights at freddy's 4 | h1z1 | Gmod | my little pony games | fireboy and watergirl
RE:Love my 8" x 8" photobook (Pictures included) Post By RD - 3/6/2018 4:26:26
Nicely done!