Your are the 727th Viewer
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 1 of 1, Total 4 1
AuthorPosts

Ken Bair
TotalPost:3
1st order 8x10 - not so good Reply

I received the first 5 8x10 prints today. The prints overall came in decent shape with a couple of corners bent. But the first thing I noticed is that a couple look soft compared to the original. I compared them to those on monitor and on the monitor they were a bit sharper. My monitor is calibrated and I uploaded @ 300dpi.

Also, the colors were quite a bit duller than on the monitor. I know color looks a bit different on LCD but my monitor is calibrated and I've never had any issues with any other printer with color or sharpness.

Shadow detail was faithful and the blacks were deep black. Most of the crops were decent.

Will the ICC profile be available?

Edit: I looked at them closer and they seem to have a slight magenta shift. I did not have the "image enhancement" box checked.
12/9/2008 11:37:32

Ken Bair
RE:1st order 8x10 - not so good Reply

>I received the first 5 8x10 prints today. The prints overall came in decent shape with a couple of corners bent. But the first thing I noticed is that a couple look soft compared to the original. I compared them to those on monitor and on the monitor they were a bit sharper. My monitor is calibrated and I uploaded @ 300dpi.
    >
    >Also, the colors were quite a bit duller than on the monitor. I know color looks a bit different on LCD but my monitor is calibrated and I've never had any issues with any other printer with color or sharpness.
    >
    >Shadow detail was faithful and the blacks were deep black. Most of the crops were decent.
    >
    >Will the ICC profile be available?
    >
    >Edit: I looked at them closer and they seem to have a slight magenta shift. I did not have the "image enhancement" box checked.

The other prints all look sharp, but I haven't compared color yet.

Still wondering about that ICC profile...
18/9/2008 11:35:34

Admin1 Capricorn
TotalPost:253
RE:RE:1st order 8x10 - not so good Reply

We are trying out best to do color calibration with our machines daily. And the colors should match perfectly.

After consulting Fujifilm, the salesperson replied that the processing is handled by the micro-computer, which no ICC profile is allow to provide to us.
    We are using top-model Fuji Frontier 570 for all photo prints. So that you might possibly find that from the Internet.

Thank you.
18/9/2008 11:50:14

Ken Bair
RE:RE:RE:1st order 8x10 - not so good Reply

>We are trying out best to do color calibration with our machines daily. And the colors should match perfectly.
    >
    >After consulting Fujifilm, the salesperson replied that the processing is handled by the micro-computer, which no ICC profile is allow to provide to us.
    >We are using top-model Fuji Frontier 570 for all photo prints. So that you might possibly find that from the Internet.
    >
    >Thank you.

The ICC profile for that printer is available as a generic and Crystal Archive version. I take it since you use Crystal Archive paper that would be the appropriate one?
18/9/2008 12:09:09
Page 1 of 1, Total 4 1