New Topic | Reply to Topic | New Vote
Your are the 371th Viewer
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 1 of 1, Total 4 1
AuthorPosts

ying yao
TotalPost:4
Zoom in and Zoom out Questions, 8*8 photobook that I got had a white edge always!!!! Reply

8*8 photobooks I had made some and they were all the same problem! A WHITE EDGE!!

I don't have any idea why and how to avoid the white edge??

I use photoshop to resize photos to 8*8 (a square shape).
    However, I found those photos still counldn't fit in the 8*8 photobook pages, zoom in or zoom out just makes a photo biger or smaller. It seems like height/width ratio is not 1:1. There is always a white edge appears except I made it bigger and let the edge cut off.

Now, my friends,please help me! is there a simple way to solve the problem?? and what is it?
31/10/2009 4:06:18

Alana
TotalPost:2347
RE:Zoom in and Zoom out Questions, 8*8 photobook that I got had a white edge always!!!! Reply

Yes, very simple.

First, I design my pages in Photoshop to 8 1/2 x 8 1/2 just so they scale correctly, as an extra bit will be taken up by the bleed area.

Second, when you drop your pre-done page into place, click on the page to select it. You should see on the upper right hand side of the screen that the photo edit menu has come onto the screen (the one w/ zoom). Click on Fit.

And that made me realize that you are probably using the Layout box. You do not want to do this. Just drag your pre-done page onto the Designer page and it should automatically fill the page. The whole point is to be sure that your design fills the grey bleed are completely, not just touches it, or goes into it, it needs to completely fill it.
31/10/2009 5:10:25

ying yao
TotalPost:4
RE:RE:Zoom in and Zoom out Questions, 8*8 photobook that I got had a white edge always!!!! Reply

>Yes, very simple.
    >
    >First, I design my pages in Photoshop to 8 1/2 x 8 1/2 just so they scale correctly, as an extra bit will be taken up by the bleed area.
    >
    >Second, when you drop your pre-done page into place, click on the page to select it. You should see on the upper right hand side of the screen that the photo edit menu has come onto the screen (the one w/ zoom). Click on Fit.
    >
    >And that made me realize that you are probably using the Layout box. You do not want to do this. Just drag your pre-done page onto the Designer page and it should automatically fill the page. The whole point is to be sure that your design fills the grey bleed are completely, not just touches it, or goes into it, it needs to completely fill it.

Millions of thanks!!!!

I tried your first idea,and it auto fit in the design page without cutting off my pre-done page, at least it looks no problem on preview page!
3/11/2009 1:24:21

Alana
TotalPost:2347
RE:RE:RE:Zoom in and Zoom out Questions, 8*8 photobook that I got had a white edge always!!!! Reply

>Millions of thanks!!!!
    >
    >
    >I tried your first idea,and it auto fit in the design page without cutting off my pre-done page, at least it looks no problem on preview page!

Just to be sure, use the book view zoom to look very closely at the bleed area in Photo Book Designer and be sure that you see your design extends all the way to the outside of the grey bleed area. This is all you need to be sure that there will be no white edges.

I will be storing my million thanks in a big room so I can jump in them like a room full of balls. :) Such fun!
3/11/2009 3:45:30
Page 1 of 1, Total 4 1