Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 1 of 1, Total 17 1
AuthorPosts

Deborah
TotalPost:200
New silverlight tool bar Reply

Hi
    Am findig the new silverlight toolbar very challenging. It appears above the embellishment when you add it to the page making it impossible to see the placement of the item clearly. This is going to be fun people!!
16/3/2011 10:58:47

Gail
TotalPost:907
RE:New silverlight tool bar Reply

Hi Deborah,
    I came on the Forum to see if anyone else had an issue with the new toolbar.
    I worked on my Photobook for 2 hours, previewed it, went back into silverlight and there was that bar.
    I wanted to change text on a couple pages and it won't let me go back into the Text box. I click on the words and it just won't do anything, but yet it will let me add a new text box when I tried that.
    My other issue is with my photos in the book. I needed to fix a couple and that darn box is in my way as soon as I highlight the photo.
    I thought it was me--I'm not too happy with it. I have one more day before my credit expires for my 39 page book.
    If anyone knows how to shut that thing off please let me/us know how?
    Gail

>Hi
    >Am findig the new silverlight toolbar very challenging. It appears above the embellishment when you add it to the page making it impossible to see the placement of the item clearly. This is going to be fun people!!
16/3/2011 11:19:23

Admin1 Capricorn
TotalPost:253
RE:RE:New silverlight tool bar Reply

hi Gail,

You need another click to modify the words.

There is a "Hide New Toolbar" checkbox in the bottom right of the designer, which you can switch the bar off.

Thanks & Best Regards
    ArtsCow.com

>Hi Deborah,
    >I came on the Forum to see if anyone else had an issue with the new toolbar.
    >I worked on my Photobook for 2 hours, previewed it, went back into silverlight and there was that bar.
    >I wanted to change text on a couple pages and it won't let me go back into the Text box. I click on the words and it just won't do anything, but yet it will let me add a new text box when I tried that.
    >My other issue is with my photos in the book. I needed to fix a couple and that darn box is in my way as soon as I highlight the photo.
    >I thought it was me--I'm not too happy with it. I have one more day before my credit expires for my 39 page book.
    >If anyone knows how to shut that thing off please let me/us know how?
    >Gail
    >
    >
    >
    >>Hi
    >>Am findig the new silverlight toolbar very challenging. It appears above the embellishment when you add it to the page making it impossible to see the placement of the item clearly. This is going to be fun people!!
    >
16/3/2011 15:30:42

Deborah
RE:RE:RE:New silverlight tool bar Reply

>hi Gail,
    >
    > You need another click to modify the words.
    >
    > There is a "Hide New Toolbar" checkbox in the bottom right of the designer, which you can switch the bar off.
    >
    >Thanks & Best Regards
    >ArtsCow.com
    >
    >>Hi Deborah,
    >>I came on the Forum to see if anyone else had an issue with the new toolbar.
    >>I worked on my Photobook for 2 hours, previewed it, went back into silverlight and there was that bar.
    >>I wanted to change text on a couple pages and it won't let me go back into the Text box. I click on the words and it just won't do anything, but yet it will let me add a new text box when I tried that.
    >>My other issue is with my photos in the book. I needed to fix a couple and that darn box is in my way as soon as I highlight the photo.
    >>I thought it was me--I'm not too happy with it. I have one more day before my credit expires for my 39 page book.
    >>If anyone knows how to shut that thing off please let me/us know how?
    >>Gail
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>>Hi
    >>>Am findig the new silverlight toolbar very challenging. It appears above the embellishment when you add it to the page making it impossible to see the placement of the item clearly. This is going to be fun people!!
    >>
    >
    Hi,
    That's fantastic. By hiding the toolbar you now have the ability again to adjust the opacity for embellishments when designing books. Thanks for the quick reply
16/3/2011 16:22:56

Debra MacV
TotalPost:550
RE:RE:RE:RE:New silverlight tool bar Reply

Thanks for the fix. I hate this new toolbar. Now when I open Silverlight, the first thing I do is ck the box to turn it off. I suspect this is a silverlight update, and has nothing to do with Arts Cow. Could be wrong, but that's what I'm thinking.
16/3/2011 20:57:13

Gail
RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:New silverlight tool bar Reply

Artscow,
    Thank you so much for the very fast response!!

Debra MacV,
    I figured it was silverlight because I was prompted to update it the other day.
    No blame on Artscow, I was just venting after being aggravated trying to work with it last night :)
    Gail

>Thanks for the fix. I hate this new toolbar. Now when I open Silverlight, the first thing I do is ck the box to turn it off. I suspect this is a silverlight update, and has nothing to do with Arts Cow. Could be wrong, but that's what I'm thinking.
17/3/2011 0:13:11

Debra MacV
RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:New silverlight tool bar Reply

>
    >Debra MacV,
    >I figured it was silverlight because I was prompted to update it the other day.
    >No blame on Artscow, I was just venting after being aggravated trying to work with it last night :)
    >Gail
    >
    >
    >Gail, I didn't mean to accuse you (or anyone) of blaming arts cow, just that I know it would be easy to do. I too am very thankful for their quick response!
17/3/2011 1:06:09

Gail
RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:New silverlight tool bar Reply

Debra MacV,
    I’m sorry if I worded myself wrong.
    I didn’t think you were accusing me of blaming Artscow, I was just confirming your thought of it being Silverlight because it didn’t happen to me until after I had to update it.
    Gail

17/3/2011 2:52:47

Catvinnat
TotalPost:627
RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:New silverlight tool bar Reply

just to be perverse, I actually love having the toolbar right next to the element as its qicker to work with instead of diving back and forth across the page!
    -----------------------------------------------
    See my free templates here -
    http://www.artscow.com/design-catvinnat
    See my designer kits here -
    http://www.artscow.com/digital-scrapbooking/catvinnat
17/3/2011 7:48:07

JennyL
TotalPost:210
RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:New silverlight tool bar Reply

same here, i love the new toolbar, made my layouting a bit easier

>just to be perverse, I actually love having the toolbar right next to the element as its qicker to work with instead of diving back and forth across the page!
    My free templates
    http://www.artscow.com/design-templates/JennyL

My designer kits here -
    http://www.artscow.com/digital-scrapbooking/jennyL
17/3/2011 13:59:13

Berry
TotalPost:1021
RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:New silverlight tool bar Reply

Dear all,

Hope all of you like our New Tool Bar feature. If you found any bugs/errors, please let us know asap, we will fix it.

With the new tool bar features, it will be easier for us to add new features, like removing red eye, converting color to B/W, making a two-page photo spread, and so on. Without new tool bar features, we don't know where we should place those new buttons, lol.

The good news is that we are going to add new Hardcover Photo Books using "Fujicolor Crystal Archive Photo Paper", of course, with affordable prices. Coming soon within 1 month.

Berry
    ArtsCow.com
17/3/2011 14:45:36

Debra MacV
RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:New silverlight tool bar Reply

Okay, you have convinced me. I'm learning to use it now, and it's really not hard. I'm just "old" , set in my ways and generally resistant to change. (That is often a mistake)

Thanks for encouraging me. I can see that this WILL be convenient and useful.

Debra

>Dear all,
    >
    >Hope all of you like our New Tool Bar feature. If you found any bugs/errors, please let us know asap, we will fix it.
    >
    >With the new tool bar features, it will be easier for us to add new features, like removing red eye, converting color to B/W, making a two-page photo spread, and so on. Without new tool bar features, we don't know where we should place those new buttons, lol.
    >
    >The good news is that we are going to add new Hardcover Photo Books using "Fujicolor Crystal Archive Photo Paper", of course, with affordable prices. Coming soon within 1 month.
    >

>
17/3/2011 19:09:09

Catvinnat
TotalPost:627
RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:New silverlight tool bar Reply

Can I make a plea please Berry, I use the opacity button all the time to layer and blend, please can you keep this facility? I know the other designers use it lots too when making templates
    See my free templates here -
    http://www.artscow.com/design-catvinnat
    See my designer kits here -
    http://www.artscow.com/digital-scrapbooking/catvinnat
19/3/2011 6:37:07

Ellan
TotalPost:49

I know I'm coming a little slow to the party. But, I really appreciate the new tool bar. AND THE NEW FEATURES including flip image. You did HAVE the Opacity button on it at one time. I would appreciate having that back. But I was REALLY happy to find you had left it on the old IMAGE Adjust which can be reached by 'hide tool bar'

Like the updates Thanks again.
16/4/2011 5:17:25

getthecamera
TotalPost:31

Hi

I wanted to make a 5x7 photo with 2 photos today and went into silverlight like I always did to do it. 1st of all the shape is a square instead of the rectangle it used to be. When I click on layout to divide the picture, it doesn't work like it did before. Even when I try to put a photo in the box that says "empty" it doesn't put a photo there but the photo is checked off in my album like it was used. What changed and how do I
    now make 2 - 3 1/2 x 5 pictures with a 5x7 photo?

>Am findig the new silverlight toolbar very challenging. It appears above the embellishment when you add it to the page making it impossible to see the placement of the item clearly. This is going to be fun people!!
18/4/2011 7:16:47

Ellan
TotalPost:49

I like the new tool bar too. I would like to be able to 'search' for a background or frame from it. That would save time. Thanks
27/9/2011 4:45:02

Deborah
RE:RE:New silverlight tool bar Reply

>I like the new tool bar too. I would like to be able to 'search' for a background or frame from it. That would save time. Thanks
    Hi
    You can search for a background from the new tool bar. Just click onto the background first, and the looking glass is on the left. If you want to search for a frame, turn off the new tool bar, click on the frame,then click on the "locate" button on the tool bar to the right ( it is at the top section on the right tool bar)
    Cheers
27/9/2011 5:38:06
Page 1 of 1, Total 17 1