Your are the 386th Viewer
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 1 of 1, Total 5 1
AuthorPosts

James Witkin
TotalPost:1
Uploads Reply

I am having trouble uploading photos--I am told that my resolution isn't high enough. I have been shooting medium resolution using a Nikon D80, and I have been able to get good prints from other services.

Can you let me know if I am doing something wrong in the upload process?

Thank you.
14/9/2008 23:26:05

cllfdl
TotalPost:203
RE:Uploads Reply

>I am having trouble uploading photos--I am told that my resolution isn't high enough. I have been shooting medium resolution using a Nikon D80, and I have been able to get good prints from other services.
    >
    >Can you let me know if I am doing something wrong in the upload process?
    >
    >Thank you.

I had the same issues but ordered them anyway (4 x 6) and they came out fine. There is a post somewhere with pics from soemone's wedding that had the same issue. I think Artscow has their default resolution set at a higher standard to make sure we get great prints (my 4 x 6 were great also)
15/9/2008 0:43:38

cllfdl

>I am having trouble uploading photos--I am told that my resolution isn't high enough. I have been shooting medium resolution using a Nikon D80, and I have been able to get good prints from other services.
    >
    >
    >Thank you.

I had the same issues but ordered them anyway (4 x 6) and they came out fine. There is a post somewhere with pics from soemone's wedding that had the same issue. I think Artscow has their default resolution set at a higher standard to make sure we get great prints (my 4 x 6 were great also)
15/9/2008 0:50:44

Linda
TotalPost:113

>
    >
    >Thank you.

Is it during the upload itself you are having problems? If so make sure you are uploadong in the right format JPG or PNG.
    You can change the size of your photos in photo editing software. I did mine in Microsoft Office. You just need 300 pixels per printed inch to print photos BUT if you are doing a photobook 200 will suffice. The ones I did under 200p/inch came out fine
    For 4x6 prints you need 1200 x 1800 for perfect photos.
    Personally I think Artscow should do this themselves - lots of places here do it for you automatically & don't worry you with pixels sizes etc.

This might help - I was tearing my hair out until I found my own answer!
    http://forum.artscow.com/ShowPost.aspx?ThreadId=13289
15/9/2008 0:55:47

cllfdl
RE:RE:Uploads Reply

>>I am having trouble uploading photos--I am told that my resolution isn't high enough. I have been shooting medium resolution using a Nikon D80, and I have been able to get good prints from other services.
    >>
    >>Can you let me know if I am doing something wrong in the upload process?
    >>
    >>Thank you.
    >
    >Is it during the upload itself you are having problems? If so make sure you are uploadong in the right format JPG or PNG.
    >You can change the size of your photos in photo editing software. I did mine in Microsoft Office. You just need 300 pixels per printed inch to print photos BUT if you are doing a photobook 200 will suffice. The ones I did under 200p/inch came out fine
    >For 4x6 prints you need 1200 x 1800 for perfect photos.
    >Personally I think Artscow should do this themselves - lots of places here do it for you automatically & don't worry you with pixels sizes etc.
    >
    >This might help - I was tearing my hair out until I found my own answer!
    >http://forum.artscow.com/ShowPost.aspx?ThreadId=13289

i have photo editing software (adobe elements, photosuite and one other but am at a lost what it is called but how do you change it. I have alot fo old pics that were emaild tome that were scanned at 200 dpi and i would love use them on calendars but am fearful since they come up with te warning.
16/9/2008 9:15:44
Page 1 of 1, Total 5 1