Your are the 384th Viewer
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 1 of 1, Total 6 1
AuthorPosts

Linda Harper
TotalPost:2
need help Reply

I am trying to make a photo book. Some of the pics will say DPI - 187 need 300! HOw do I fix this or can I? Says it needs to be 300 to print!

Thanks

Linda
10/10/2008 0:58:03

RM
TotalPost:680
RE:need help Reply

>I am trying to make a photo book. Some of the pics will say DPI - 187 need 300! HOw do I fix this or can I? Says it needs to be 300 to print!
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >Linda

In your photo editting software, you will be able to change the dpi. I'm not sure what software you are using so can't give you exact instructions. But in mine, I go to "image properties" and I can change the size and the dpi. If you can't find it, go to your software's "help" at the top and search for dpi and it should tell you how to do it on your program.
10/10/2008 2:04:34

Alan Poh Aquarius
TotalPost:313

>I am trying to make a photo book. Some of the pics will say DPI - 187 need 300! HOw do I fix this or can I? Says it needs to be 300 to print!
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >Linda

Actually if original is low resolution, even if u enlarge, not much effect.
    As long as u dun make the picture too big, printing is decent.

10/10/2008 8:18:29

RM
TotalPost:680
RE:RE:need help Reply

>>I am trying to make a photo book. Some of the pics will say DPI - 187 need 300! HOw do I fix this or can I? Says it needs to be 300 to print!
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >>
    >>Linda
    >
    >Actually if original is low resolution, even if u enlarge, not much effect.
    >As long as u dun make the picture too big, printing is decent.
    >
    >

True but upping the dpi will help smooth it out a bit though... only a little bit but every little bit helps.
10/10/2008 8:32:29

Linda Harper
TotalPost:2
RE:RE:RE:need help Reply

>>>I am trying to make a photo book. Some of the pics will say DPI - 187 need 300! HOw do I fix this or can I? Says it needs to be 300 to print!
    >>>
    >>>Thanks
    >>>
    >>>Linda
    >>
    >>Actually if original is low resolution, even if u enlarge, not much effect.
    >>As long as u dun make the picture too big, printing is decent.
    >>
    >>Thank you all! I will try!
    >
    >True but upping the dpi will help smooth it out a bit though... only a little bit but every little bit helps.
    >
14/10/2008 11:38:44

Patricia Pointer
TotalPost:10

Someone may have already answered this for you, but here goes my personal experience.

Anytime I scan a photo that will be used to make larger prints, I go to "advanced scan options" and change that dpi to 600. Now, this makes scanning slower, but will allow you to make higher resolution gifts, enlargements, etc. You can actually change it to 300 dpi if you are only interested in smaller photos or if you are in a hurry to get a lot of photos scanned. My experience in making videos, photobooks, etc., I take the extra time to get a good copy. It takes up a lot of room on your computer, so I just keep most of my photos on portable USB drives.

Hope this helps you in the future.
2/11/2008 21:03:42
Page 1 of 1, Total 6 1