Your are the 3632th Viewer
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 2 of 2, Total 32 1 2
AuthorPosts

amanda
TotalPost:1
RE:RE:Replacement for obsolete Silverlight? Reply

>>When does ArtsCow plan to introduce designer software that does not require Microsoft Silverlight?
    >>
    >>Microsoft discontinued Silverlight development a few years ago, and Netflix switched from Silverlight to HTML5 soon after that.
    >>
    >>Silverlight does not work on iOS, Android, and Linux. Even on Windows desktops, few people have Silverlight enabled, since there are almost no websites left that require it (except ArtsCow, of course). Silverlight no longer is supported in Google Chrome, and it will be disabled completely in September.
    >>

>
    >Ever since I did the last update on my Windows computer, I have installed Silverlight a bunch of times and uninstalled, and I still can't use it. Your site keeps sending the "need to install Silverlight" no matter what I do, so I cannot use it anymore.

BUMP. This is important. I havent been able to design in a few months because of this. I hope Artscow is listening.
17/4/2017 11:58:45

Hope
TotalPost:16
RE:Replacement for obsolete Silverlight? Reply

>When does ArtsCow plan to introduce designer software that does not require Microsoft Silverlight?
    >
    >Microsoft discontinued Silverlight development a few years ago, and Netflix switched from Silverlight to HTML5 soon after that.
    >
    >Silverlight does not work on iOS, Android, and Linux. Even on Windows desktops, few people have Silverlight enabled, since there are almost no websites left that require it (except ArtsCow, of course). Silverlight no longer is supported in Google Chrome, and it will be disabled completely in September.
    >

I have been able to use Silverlight in Chrome, but I needed the IE Tab Chrome extension. Not sure what all that means but it works so I don't care. When I open Artscow I have to click the IE tab to the right of the address bar.
25/4/2017 9:55:28

Su
TotalPost:48

Help !!
    Artscow you have to hurry.. we are unable to create or edit any designs now, as it keeps on giving us the need Silverlight message!!

>When does ArtsCow plan to introduce designer software that does not require Microsoft Silverlight?
    >
    >Microsoft discontinued Silverlight development a few years ago, and Netflix switched from Silverlight to HTML5 soon after that.
    >
    >Silverlight does not work on iOS, Android, and Linux. Even on Windows desktops, few people have Silverlight enabled, since there are almost no websites left that require it (except ArtsCow, of course). Silverlight no longer is supported in Google Chrome, and it will be disabled completely in September.
    >

3/5/2017 11:33:01

David Sorkin
TotalPost:3

Any updates on this? Silverlight has been obsolete for years. Is ArtsCow ever going to offer an alternative?

>
    >
    >

1/11/2017 21:45:02

jupey

>
    >
    >

Oops. Just created a new thread on this. I'l try to delete it.

YES! Get rid of Silverlight. Incredible outdated and even worse since you have a system on the site that works so amazingly (for bags and pouches).

Why bother having deals if people can't use them?

We love you Artscow but you are killing ussssssssssssssssssssssssssss
    -----------------------------------------------
    http://www.jupeykrusho.net
21/4/2018 5:26:38

jupey

>
    >
    >

Oops. Just created a new thread on this. I'l try to delete it.

YES! Get rid of Silverlight. Incredible outdated and even worse since you have a system on the site that works so amazingly (for bags and pouches).

Why bother having deals if people can't use them?

We love you Artscow but you are killing ussssssssssssssssssssssssssss
21/4/2018 5:26:44

jupey

>
    >
    >

Just spent an hour downloading Firefox ESR and outdated IE for outdated Silverlight. Same message as yesterday: "Network error, Please check your connection and try again latar!" Yes, "latar".

I'm running macOS Sierra version 10.12.3 so if anyone is a magician and can get Silverblah to work please let me know.

I'm done wasting time with this nonsense for now.

This site needs to update with the rest of the world to stay relevant.

21/4/2018 23:24:39

jupey

It's been over a month and no reply. Nice.

My ONE request is to switch the Notebook uploading from Silverlight to the same uploading used for textiles and memo pads. They're all flat items. I really like ordering the notebooks but haven't been able to for months. That's money lost for Arstcow and lack of product from me.

Notebook uploading. Please change it.

>
    >
    >

20/5/2018 23:31:39

Alana
TotalPost:13
RE:RE:Replacement for obsolete Silverlight? Reply

Correction, it's been THREE years that Artscow has known that Silverlight was unsupported, on it's last legs, dying, is now completely defunct and has not responded with a SOLUTION.

Designers DO NOT WANT TO USE SOMETHING THAT IS DEAD and the basic design tool is a complete joke.

Artscow doesn't even allow customers/designers to download templates to design on their own and upload completed designs, so why would anyone want to come to Artscow to waste their time and order products here? I haven't wanted to in many, many years. All of the newer products are tempting, but if I can't actually design and see what I am going to get it's pointless.

Cecilia, you have always seemed earnest in the past at wanting to help. I hope that there is a way you can share this message with your bosses and let them know that at the very least they need to allow templates to be downloaded and used on other platforms. Ideally they would be scaled vectors. That way it wouldn't be so important for there to be a design program on-site. Maybe there would be a way to coordinate with Gimp or another free graphics software, or simply share tutorials on how to work with other programs then focus on making sure that it's easy to import the templates and verify that things align.

- Alana

>It's been over a month and no reply. Nice.
    >
    >My ONE request is to switch the Notebook uploading from Silverlight to the same uploading used for textiles and memo pads. They're all flat items. I really like ordering the notebooks but haven't been able to for months. That's money lost for Arstcow and lack of product from me.
    >
    >Notebook uploading. Please change it.
    >
    >>When does ArtsCow plan to introduce designer software that does not require Microsoft Silverlight?
    >>
    >>Microsoft discontinued Silverlight development a few years ago, and Netflix switched from Silverlight to HTML5 soon after that.
    >>
    >>Silverlight does not work on iOS, Android, and Linux. Even on Windows desktops, few people have Silverlight enabled, since there are almost no websites left that require it (except ArtsCow, of course). Silverlight no longer is supported in Google Chrome, and it will be disabled completely in September.
    >>

>[/color]
14/6/2018 13:23:06

jupey
RE:RE:RE:Replacement for obsolete Silverlight? Reply

Agree 100% with Alana.

What's even worse is that Artscow DOES have an uploading procedure that works. I use it time and time again for textiles and bags. Why can't the same thing be implemented for other things that require Silverlight? MAKES. NO. SENSE.

Redbubble, Society 6, Printful, Zazzle, the list goes on and on. POD sites that make uploading easy for customers. Time to wake up and join everybody else in 2018. Please help.

>Correction, it's been THREE years that Artscow has known that Silverlight was unsupported, on it's last legs, dying, is now completely defunct and has not responded with a SOLUTION.
    >
    >Designers DO NOT WANT TO USE SOMETHING THAT IS DEAD and the basic design tool is a complete joke.
    >
    >Artscow doesn't even allow customers/designers to download templates to design on their own and upload completed designs, so why would anyone want to come to Artscow to waste their time and order products here? I haven't wanted to in many, many years. All of the newer products are tempting, but if I can't actually design and see what I am going to get it's pointless.
    >
    >Cecilia, you have always seemed earnest in the past at wanting to help. I hope that there is a way you can share this message with your bosses and let them know that at the very least they need to allow templates to be downloaded and used on other platforms. Ideally they would be scaled vectors. That way it wouldn't be so important for there to be a design program on-site. Maybe there would be a way to coordinate with Gimp or another free graphics software, or simply share tutorials on how to work with other programs then focus on making sure that it's easy to import the templates and verify that things align.
    >
    >- Alana
    >

>
    >>It's been over a month and no reply. Nice.
    >>
    >>My ONE request is to switch the Notebook uploading from Silverlight to the same uploading used for textiles and memo pads. They're all flat items. I really like ordering the notebooks but haven't been able to for months. That's money lost for Arstcow and lack of product from me.
    >>
    >>Notebook uploading. Please change it.
    >>
    >>>When does ArtsCow plan to introduce designer software that does not require Microsoft Silverlight?
    >>>
    >>>Microsoft discontinued Silverlight development a few years ago, and Netflix switched from Silverlight to HTML5 soon after that.
    >>>
    >>>Silverlight does not work on iOS, Android, and Linux. Even on Windows desktops, few people have Silverlight enabled, since there are almost no websites left that require it (except ArtsCow, of course). Silverlight no longer is supported in Google Chrome, and it will be disabled completely in September.
    >>>

>>[/color]

15/8/2018 23:21:28

RD
TotalPost:1631
RE:RE:RE:RE:Replacement for obsolete Silverlight? Reply

>Agree 100% with Alana.
    >
    >What's even worse is that Artscow DOES have an uploading procedure that works. I use it time and time again for textiles and bags. Why can't the same thing be implemented for other things that require Silverlight? MAKES. NO. SENSE.
    >
    >Redbubble, Society 6, Printful, Zazzle, the list goes on and on. POD sites that make uploading easy for customers. Time to wake up and join everybody else in 2018. Please help.
    >
    >
    >>Correction, it's been THREE years that Artscow has known that Silverlight was unsupported, on it's last legs, dying, is now completely defunct and has not responded with a SOLUTION.
    >>
    >>Designers DO NOT WANT TO USE SOMETHING THAT IS DEAD and the basic design tool is a complete joke.
    >>
    >>Artscow doesn't even allow customers/designers to download templates to design on their own and upload completed designs, so why would anyone want to come to Artscow to waste their time and order products here? I haven't wanted to in many, many years. All of the newer products are tempting, but if I can't actually design and see what I am going to get it's pointless.
    >>
    >>Cecilia, you have always seemed earnest in the past at wanting to help. I hope that there is a way you can share this message with your bosses and let them know that at the very least they need to allow templates to be downloaded and used on other platforms. Ideally they would be scaled vectors. That way it wouldn't be so important for there to be a design program on-site. Maybe there would be a way to coordinate with Gimp or another free graphics software, or simply share tutorials on how to work with other programs then focus on making sure that it's easy to import the templates and verify that things align.
    >>
    >>- Alana
    >>

>>
    >>>It's been over a month and no reply. Nice.
    >>>
    >>>My ONE request is to switch the Notebook uploading from Silverlight to the same uploading used for textiles and memo pads. They're all flat items. I really like ordering the notebooks but haven't been able to for months. That's money lost for Arstcow and lack of product from me.
    >>>
    >>>Notebook uploading. Please change it.
    >>>
    >>>>When does ArtsCow plan to introduce designer software that does not require Microsoft Silverlight?
    >>>>
    >>>>Microsoft discontinued Silverlight development a few years ago, and Netflix switched from Silverlight to HTML5 soon after that.
    >>>>
    >>>>Silverlight does not work on iOS, Android, and Linux. Even on Windows desktops, few people have Silverlight enabled, since there are almost no websites left that require it (except ArtsCow, of course). Silverlight no longer is supported in Google Chrome, and it will be disabled completely in September.
    >>>>

>>>[/color]

Hello Jupey,

Please consider posting your comment to the ArtsCow Facebook page. That might illicit a response. Thanks
25/8/2018 4:15:24

jupey
RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:Replacement for obsolete Silverlight? Reply

Good idea.

I sent them a message on Facebook. I didn't blast them on their feed. I'll see if I get a reply. Naturally I received an email this morning for a deal on notebooks and - POOF - Silverlight strikes again.

UPDATE: Received "We are working on adopting a new platform for designing our products and will hopefully be launching it soon. In the meantime,. thanks for being patient"

While I'm thankful for their reply, "working on", "hopefully" and "soon" aren't encouraging. An expected date would be nice but until then I'll just have to take some products off of my roster.

>>Agree 100% with Alana.
    >>
    >>What's even worse is that Artscow DOES have an uploading procedure that works. I use it time and time again for textiles and bags. Why can't the same thing be implemented for other things that require Silverlight? MAKES. NO. SENSE.
    >>
    >>Redbubble, Society 6, Printful, Zazzle, the list goes on and on. POD sites that make uploading easy for customers. Time to wake up and join everybody else in 2018. Please help.
    >>
    >>
    >>>Correction, it's been THREE years that Artscow has known that Silverlight was unsupported, on it's last legs, dying, is now completely defunct and has not responded with a SOLUTION.
    >>>
    >>>Designers DO NOT WANT TO USE SOMETHING THAT IS DEAD and the basic design tool is a complete joke.
    >>>
    >>>Artscow doesn't even allow customers/designers to download templates to design on their own and upload completed designs, so why would anyone want to come to Artscow to waste their time and order products here? I haven't wanted to in many, many years. All of the newer products are tempting, but if I can't actually design and see what I am going to get it's pointless.
    >>>
    >>>Cecilia, you have always seemed earnest in the past at wanting to help. I hope that there is a way you can share this message with your bosses and let them know that at the very least they need to allow templates to be downloaded and used on other platforms. Ideally they would be scaled vectors. That way it wouldn't be so important for there to be a design program on-site. Maybe there would be a way to coordinate with Gimp or another free graphics software, or simply share tutorials on how to work with other programs then focus on making sure that it's easy to import the templates and verify that things align.
    >>>
    >>>- Alana
    >>>

>>>
    >>>>It's been over a month and no reply. Nice.
    >>>>
    >>>>My ONE request is to switch the Notebook uploading from Silverlight to the same uploading used for textiles and memo pads. They're all flat items. I really like ordering the notebooks but haven't been able to for months. That's money lost for Arstcow and lack of product from me.
    >>>>
    >>>>Notebook uploading. Please change it.
    >>>>
    >>>>>When does ArtsCow plan to introduce designer software that does not require Microsoft Silverlight?
    >>>>>
    >>>>>Microsoft discontinued Silverlight development a few years ago, and Netflix switched from Silverlight to HTML5 soon after that.
    >>>>>
    >>>>>Silverlight does not work on iOS, Android, and Linux. Even on Windows desktops, few people have Silverlight enabled, since there are almost no websites left that require it (except ArtsCow, of course). Silverlight no longer is supported in Google Chrome, and it will be disabled completely in September.
    >>>>>

>>>>[/color]
    >
    >Hello Jupey,
    >
    >Please consider posting your comment to the ArtsCow Facebook page. That might illicit a response. Thanks

17/9/2018 19:05:23
Page 2 of 2, Total 32 1 2