Your are the 998th Viewer
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 1 of 2, Total 24 1 2
AuthorPosts

misty
TotalPost:94
I have a photo that needs alot of help :( Reply

Hello, I heard a while ago that a couple people here are really good working with pictures, well if you would like to help me out it would be greatly appreciated, the pic is 20 years old and been thru alot but it was me when I was young and it means alot to me, well thank you
15/8/2008 15:48:19

erin
TotalPost:29
RE:I have a photo that needs alot of help :( Reply

>Hello, I heard a while ago that a couple people here are really good working with pictures, well if you would like to help me out it would be greatly appreciated, the pic is 20 years old and been thru alot but it was me when I was young and it means alot to me, well thank you

Hi. I work with adobe photoshop elements, along with cs2. I could give it a try for you, although, I have never tried to fix an old picture. I would not mind at all to try and help.

You can email the pic to me @ Hampton_housewife@yahoo.com if you would like.

Erin
16/8/2008 3:24:57

Meaghan Aries
TotalPost:581

>Hello, I heard a while ago that a couple people here are really good working with pictures, well if you would like to help me out it would be greatly appreciated, the pic is 20 years old and been thru alot but it was me when I was young and it means alot to me, well thank you

Hey Misty...

I can give it a try as well... you should have it but just in case...

nutmeg_pie AT hotmail.com
16/8/2008 5:31:21

misty

Thank you both very much, I will email you the pic now!
16/8/2008 10:50:34

Meaghan Aries
RE:RE:I have a photo that needs alot of help :( Reply

>Thank you both very much, I will email you the pic now!
    >

Hey Misty.

Got your email. I will work on the photos first chance i get tmrw (as its 11pm here now )
    The picture of you should be no problem (to bring down the brightness)

If you can just tell me what you would like done to the one of you and your mom?
    I can do my best to colour correct it, But i probably wont be able to do too much with the yellow splotches that are on it.

I'll do my best though
    Megs
16/8/2008 11:13:54

misty

Hi Meaghan, No hurry just take your time, I appreciate the help, the one with me and my mom, I dont know where to even start with it, Im new to all this, Just do what you think will make it look atleast 10% better LOL, I know its in bad shape!!!
16/8/2008 12:03:25

Meaghan Aries

>Hi Meaghan, No hurry just take your time, I appreciate the help, the one with me and my mom, I dont know where to even start with it, Im new to all this, Just do what you think will make it look atleast 10% better LOL, I know its in bad shape!!!

Its not its not in that bad of shape, but the Yellow line at the bottom of the picture (that cuts through your moms Chin and nick, that can't be fixed as there is no data (no picture information there) to save.
    But i will for sure do what i can, and I can FOR SURE make it atleast 10% better.
    I promise that
16/8/2008 12:40:16

misty

LOL Thank you! You are a sweetheart!
16/8/2008 13:00:40

erin

Hi, I just emailed you them. I was wondering if you ever thought of making the one with your mother black and white? It may actually look alot better. If you would like to try that let me know, and I can do that. Hope they helped.

17/8/2008 1:35:58

GatorDeb
TotalPost:77

Hey if you wouldn't mind posting the before and after... I get a kick of professional photo editing :D
17/8/2008 3:51:29

Meaghan Aries

Hey Misty I sent you my revised photos as well.
    I hope you can use one or the other as it took a while haha.
    Megs.

PS if its ok with Misty i will post the before and after shots for others to see, but she has to ok it as it is HER photos
17/8/2008 4:09:45

erin
RE:RE:RE:I have a photo that needs alot of help :( Reply

>Hey if you wouldn't mind posting the before and after... I get a kick of professional photo editing :D

ha ha.. mine are no way near professional... lol... I am still learning cs2.
17/8/2008 5:14:35

misty

Hi Meaghan, I just looked at your email and wrote you back, and I dont mind if you would like to post them they turned out great!!

Erin, that does sound like a good idea thanks for the tip, Im always up for good tips on how to make my pics better!!
17/8/2008 11:01:19

Meaghan Aries

Ok, since I got the ok to post them here are the before and afters.

Pic One Before

Pic One AFTER

Pic Two Before

Pic Two AFTER

Glad you liked how they turned out

I also need to find a way to scan in an old pic of me becuase you look A LOT like I did when I was that age
    Megs
18/8/2008 3:35:52

MemoryKeeper
TotalPost:68

Great photo enhancement! WoW, that really makes such a huge difference! Superb!

Jeanette
18/8/2008 3:39:23

Meaghan Aries
RE:RE:RE:RE:I have a photo that needs alot of help :( Reply

Thanks Jeanette

The hardest part was getting the Yellow splotches off of the first photo. It was hard, because if i removed too many of them it looked like i Had just panted the wall haha.
    Here is a break down of what I did if anyone who uses photoshop is interested.

For both of them I brought up the resolution and made the size bigger, so she should be able to print htem a bit better.

For the one of her and her mom I straightened it (as it was scanned on a bit of an angle)
    I tried my best to smooth out the yellow splotches that were all over it. (Clone Stamp Tool)
    I turned down all the bright reds and yellows so it looks more true to real colours.
    I sharpened it up a bit to bring back some details in their faces.
    And fixed up that yellow line at the bottom as best I could

For the one of just her,
    I fixed her face and the whole picture so it wasnt' so bright,
    brought down the reds' a bit to get your skin colour back to normal.
    Got rid of all the white and black spots that older photos get
    and Blurred the background a bit so it wasn't so grainy and sandy looking.

Not sure if anyone cares, but just incase thats pretty much all i did.
    Megs
18/8/2008 3:47:59

misty

WOW Meaghan side by side you can tell a huge difference!!!! What I love most is you got that yellow line out of the bottom of the pic!!! Thank you and you are amazing!!!
18/8/2008 11:09:22

Meaghan Aries

Aww you are welcome Misty. Glad I could Help
19/8/2008 0:32:03

erin

OMY! Yours are awsome.. .lol... mine do not look half as good. I will not post the befores... since they are already posted..... but here is the "after" I came up with.... granted.... they suck compared to yours... lol...

19/8/2008 9:36:29

erin
RE:RE:RE:RE:I have a photo that needs alot of help :( Reply

>OMY! Yours are awsome.. .lol... mine do not look half as good. I will not post the befores... since they are already posted..... but here is the "after" I came up with.... granted.... they suck compared to yours... lol...

HERE is a Black and white version of your picture.......

19/8/2008 11:13:27
Page 1 of 2, Total 24 1 2