Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 1 of 1, Total 18 1
AuthorPosts

Linda
TotalPost:113
Berry or William - Problems with my Delivered Photobook Reply

Hi Berry/William
    Today I received my photobook Order 408798 (also contained 2 Mousemats which could have been better if enhanced BUT I am NOT worried about these). I am not as pleased as I expected to be. The previous photobooks my daughters were VERY pleased with - this one however has some problems.

I made sure that when I went into my Print Options BEFORE placing my order that enhancement was checked - as I knew I had quite a few photographs with 'red eye' & some photos needed to be sharpened. Also some needed to be brightened. NO enhancement has taken place!!!

I placed another order for 8x10's about 4 hours after this order Order 365581. I wanted to experiment a bit & decided to turn off enhancement on this order under my Print Options. Is this why my photobook was not enhanced???

By the time I came to place my next 2 orders the following day my one order was shipped & I turned back on enhancement in Print Options & these were enhanced - very well too!

I'm very sad that the pictures in the photobook were not enhanced as had they been enhanced they would have been perfect - if the postal service hadn't been so rough!

Here are some photos - sorry about the flash glare, maybe I should have waited until tomorrow daytime to take?

This is NOT a monster following the grandchild - it's her mum! Pretty or beautiful are usually the words used to describe her - PRETTY SCAREY normally isn't! Might give a child nightmares after seeing this photo.
    [
    The Post Office also did their bit in crushing the book spine - this was AFTER I managed to get back into some shape. They even managed to bend the book slightly - it has been in a press all day which managed to straighten it. I KNOW I SHOULD have taken before & after photos!

Berry - I KNOW that I checked that this book would be enhanced. Is it because I changed the default settings AFTER I placed the order that this book wasn't enhanced?

Please also could you change my online name to just Linda i.e. remove my surname OR is there a way I can do this?

I am VERY pleased with my prints 8x10, 5x7 and 6x4. My daughters were over the moon with the photobooks we sent them. I was REALLY looking forward to showing everyone this photobook - I've told everyone about them - BUT I'll wait until I have a more perfect one to show everyone. You DO want more referrals from me - don't you??
20/8/2008 10:05:18

Charray
TotalPost:541
RE:Berry - Problems with my Photobook Reply

OMG poor thing. Berry help her out!
20/8/2008 11:32:08

shama khan
TotalPost:4
RE:Berry or William - Problems with my Delivered Photobook Reply

>The Post Office also did their bit in crushing the book spine - this was AFTER I managed to get back into some shape. They even managed to bend the book slightly - it has been in a press all day which managed to straighten it. I KNOW I SHOULD have taken before & after photos!

My photobook is also damaged similar to yours. When kept on a flat surface the book appears bent. All four corners of the book were damaged. I was disappointed and wrote to customer service with pictures and they sed that i shud return the book for an exchange or a refund, which ofcourse does not make sense cause then i will have to pay shipping :(
    I'm sorry your book didnt turn out as expected. I hope they do something about it.
20/8/2008 17:29:31

WilliamAC
TotalPost:279
RE:RE:Berry or William - Problems with my Delivered Photobook Reply

Hi Shama,

Please cut off the cover of the photo book and take a photo and attached here. We can reship the photo book to you again when we see your photo post here. Thank you.

B.Rdgs,

William
    >>
    >>The Post Office also did their bit in crushing the book spine - this was AFTER I managed to get back into some shape. They even managed to bend the book slightly - it has been in a press all day which managed to straighten it. I KNOW I SHOULD have taken before & after photos!

>My photobook is also damaged similar to yours. When kept on a flat surface the book appears bent. All four corners of the book were damaged. I was disappointed and wrote to customer service with pictures and they sed that i shud return the book for an exchange or a refund, which ofcourse does not make sense cause then i will have to pay shipping :(
    >I'm sorry your book didnt turn out as expected. I hope they do something about it.
    >
20/8/2008 17:43:19

Linda
RE:RE:Berry or William - Problems with my Delivered Photobook Reply

William
    You replied to someone else on my thread (Sharma) - telling them to cut off their cover & you would resend. Why didn't you reply to me??

I am STILL concerned that there was NO quality enhancement done on my photobook. Was this because I changed my Print Options shortly AFTER I placed my order - in order to have some pictures that were not image enhanced??

I would LOVE to be able to show my photobook to everyone I've told about them BUT it wouldn't be a very good advert for you with the 'red eye' and dark photos. I realise the mistreating by the post office isn't down to you. I suppose their elephant had to sit down somewhere,

How do you get smilies in your posts? :-) Or sobbies in my case?
    >
    >
    >
    >>The Post Office also did their bit in crushing the book spine - this was AFTER I managed to get back into some shape. They even managed to bend the book slightly - it has been in a press all day which managed to straighten it. I KNOW I SHOULD have taken before & after photos!

>My photobook is also damaged similar to yours. When kept on a flat surface the book appears bent. All four corners of the book were damaged. I was disappointed and wrote to customer service with pictures and they sed that i shud return the book for an exchange or a refund, which ofcourse does not make sense cause then i will have to pay shipping :(
    >I'm sorry your book didnt turn out as expected. I hope they do something about it.
    >
21/8/2008 3:49:49

ScrapMojo
Title:Addicted
TotalPost:935
RE:RE:RE:Berry or William - Problems with my Delivered Photobook Reply

Hi Linda sorry to hear/see you photo book didn't work out... But I can help with your other requests... You go the "my account" under the main page of AC and go into profile to change your name (i'm not sure if it changes your shipping address name as it should be a separate thing in your address book but just check next time you make an order just in case)

ANd the smilies/frownies are all under the box you type replies in (click on them as you type to add them into your posts)

Hope this helps
    Kel
21/8/2008 3:55:37

Linda
RE:RE:RE:RE:Berry or William - Problems with my Delivered Photobook Reply

>Hi Linda sorry to hear/see you photo book didn't work out... But I can help with your other requests... You go the "my account" under the main page of AC and go into profile to change your name (i'm not sure if it changes your shipping address name as it should be a separate thing in your address book but just check next time you make an order just in case)
    >
    >ANd the smilies/frownies are all under the box you type replies in (click on them as you type to add them into your posts)
    >
    >Hope this helps
    >Kel

Thanks Kel
    I have managed to get rid of my surname
    OK - I didn't think the smilies had happened - guess they did! LOL
    It's weird that the smilies end up a line further down than you are typing - never come accross that before! OK this one is straight after I typed???

I just wish Berry or William would reply TO ME!

The photobook WOULD be WONDERFUL if the photos were image enhanced - as they should have been. I can see the great potential of them BUT I don't want to show this one to anyone as I KNOW it's not perfect - I have far too many red eye pictures - as I knew + too many that need brightening. I could have done this myself but reading about the enhancement they use at Artscow - thought it MUCH easier & quicker to leave it to them.

ALL the photos I've received that have been image enhanced have been great - which is why I was so upset that the photobook hasn't had this done.[/size][/size]
21/8/2008 4:28:06

Alex
TotalPost:99
RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:Berry or William - Problems with my Delivered Photobook Reply

I'm wondering if the photobooks are WYSIWYG, in other words, they print them as they are. I enhanced my pictures before I uploaded my pages, so in my book, they look the way i want them.
21/8/2008 8:39:56

WilliamAC

Hi Linda,

lol. Sorry I missed you. Please do the same thing like what I told Sharma. I will arrange the reshipment for you. Thank you.

B.Rdgs,

William

>William
    >You replied to someone else on my thread (Sharma) - telling them to cut off their cover & you would resend. Why didn't you reply to me??
    >
    >I am STILL concerned that there was NO quality enhancement done on my photobook. Was this because I changed my Print Options shortly AFTER I placed my order - in order to have some pictures that were not image enhanced??
    >
    >I would LOVE to be able to show my photobook to everyone I've told about them BUT it wouldn't be a very good advert for you with the 'red eye' and dark photos. I realise the mistreating by the post office isn't down to you. I suppose their elephant had to sit down somewhere,
    >
    >How do you get smilies in your posts? :-) Or sobbies in my case?
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>>The Post Office also did their bit in crushing the book spine - this was AFTER I managed to get back into some shape. They even managed to bend the book slightly - it has been in a press all day which managed to straighten it. I KNOW I SHOULD have taken before & after photos!

>>My photobook is also damaged similar to yours. When kept on a flat surface the book appears bent. All four corners of the book were damaged. I was disappointed and wrote to customer service with pictures and they sed that i shud return the book for an exchange or a refund, which ofcourse does not make sense cause then i will have to pay shipping :(
    >>I'm sorry your book didnt turn out as expected. I hope they do something about it.
    >>
    >

21/8/2008 9:38:15

Linda
RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:Berry or William - Problems with my Delivered Photobook Reply

>I'm wondering if the photobooks are WYSIWYG, in other words, they print them as they are. I enhanced my pictures before I uploaded my pages, so in my book, they look the way i want them.

OMG - I hope not! I'd love to phone the daughters in US & ask about the 2 I had sent there previously (we're in UK) but one is on a badly needed cruise (they both work hard & also have a georgeous, active 3 yr old to cope with), the other we've been trying to talk to for the last month - single, footloose & fancy free! Our number comes up as unknown - so she ignores us LOL

Hmmmm - now I wonder if the eldest was being polite? - As she is!

Someone must know! Berry/William - others with many red eyes etc.
21/8/2008 9:41:45

Linda
RE:RE:RE:RE:Berry or William - Problems with my Delivered Photobook Reply

>Hi Linda,
    >
    >lol. Sorry I missed you. Please do the same thing like what I told Sharma. I will arrange the reshipment for you. Thank you.
    >
    >B.Rdgs,
    >
    >William
    >
    William
    Thanks a million. [B]Can you CONFIRM please that the photos WILL be enhanced?[/B]Otherwise I'd prefer to remove red eye & brighten myself BEFORE another book being done. All the red eyes looked awful & after reading about the Fuji image enhancement I thought you'd be better at it than me.
    Here are photos of book pages removed - is this OK?

PLEASE could you send as priority - I've told SO MANY people about Artscow Photobooks & they are all waiting to see mine before ordering. My Photobook referrals run out on 4th September - any chance of making this a longer term OR giving me some more later dated?? PLEASE!!!

21/8/2008 10:28:10

WilliamAC

Hi Linda,

We won't remove the red eyes as you know. You need to edit the photos before placed the order. I have added 1 photobook credits & refunded in cash dollars into your account for re-ordering. Sorry, We can't change the expiry date for the referral coupons because our system dont' have this function. lol. Thank you.

B.Rdgs,

William

>>Hi Linda,
    >>
    >>lol. Sorry I missed you. Please do the same thing like what I told Sharma. I will arrange the reshipment for you. Thank you.
    >>
    >>B.Rdgs,
    >>
    >>William
    >>
    >William
    >Thanks a million. [B]Can you CONFIRM please that the photos WILL be enhanced?[/B]Otherwise I'd prefer to remove red eye & brighten myself BEFORE another book being done. All the red eyes looked awful & after reading about the Fuji image enhancement I thought you'd be better at it than me.
    >Here are photos of book pages removed - is this OK?
    >
    >PLEASE could you send as priority - I've told SO MANY people about Artscow Photobooks & they are all waiting to see mine before ordering. My Photobook referrals run out on 4th September - any chance of making this a longer term OR giving me some more later dated?? PLEASE!!!

>
21/8/2008 11:17:47

Alex

So in short, it looks like the image enhancement won't work for photobooks, which makes sense. Photos are printed on their fuji machines while photobooks and calendars are on the Xerox machines. Must have different functionality, so that's good to know for future orders. Photobooks and calendars are WYSIWYG
21/8/2008 12:07:02

Linda
RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:Berry or William - Problems with my Delivered Photobook Reply

>So in short, it looks like the image enhancement won't work for photobooks, which makes sense. Photos are printed on their fuji machines while photobooks and calendars are on the Xerox machines. Must have different functionality, so that's good to know for future orders. Photobooks and calendars are WYSIWYG

Yes, It now says that on the Fuji image enhancer page - I'm sure it wasn't there before.
    Thanks William for the credit. I appreciate it.

It seems I have quite a bit of work to do now.
    I downloaded the free photoshop 3.2 edition - which does far less than the old photoshop software I used to have about 10yrs ago. Maybe I need to invest in some good software? That & the Gimp will suffice to sort these photos out - I still want to know what I can use to get my old photos up to 300dpi - i don't think this version of photoshop or gimp does that!
21/8/2008 15:13:01

Berry
TotalPost:216

hi Linda,

To be fair to all other members who have damaged the covers tatally, please "destroy" the cover totally, too, your cover is still working, thanks.

I believe you know what is "destroy" meaning.

Sorry about that, but it is a must.

-----------------------------------------------
    Berry
    ArtsCow.com
21/8/2008 17:04:36

Linda

No problem.
    Here is the destroyed picture - after rescueing the cover from the recycle bin. Is this destroyed enough for you?
    I am busy removing red eye etc. in order to reorder as quickly as possible.

>hi Linda,
    >
    >To be fair to all other members who have damaged the covers tatally, please "destroy" the cover totally, too, your cover is still working, thanks.
    >
    >I believe you know what is "destroy" meaning.
    >
    >Sorry about that, but it is a must.
    >
    >
    >
    >
22/8/2008 6:43:10

shama khan
TotalPost:4

>Hi Shama,
    >
    >Please cut off the cover of the photo book and take a photo and attached here. We can reship the photo book to you again when we see your photo post here. Thank you.
    >

William,

Thanks, but unfortunately i have already gifted the book.

Linda,

Sorry abt the confusion.

22/8/2008 12:07:42

Alex
RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:Berry or William - Problems with my Delivered Photobook Reply

So that's what the inside of the cover looks like.
    Not as intriguing as the inside of a twinkie :)
    >No problem.
    >Here is the destroyed picture - after rescueing the cover from the recycle bin. Is this destroyed enough for you?
    >I am busy removing red eye etc. in order to reorder as quickly as possible.
    >
    >

>
    >>hi Linda,
    >>
    >>To be fair to all other members who have damaged the covers tatally, please "destroy" the cover totally, too, your cover is still working, thanks.
    >>
    >>I believe you know what is "destroy" meaning.
    >>
    >>Sorry about that, but it is a must.
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
22/8/2008 13:11:23
Page 1 of 1, Total 18 1