Your are the 6577th Viewer
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 2 of 3, Total 42 1 2 3
AuthorPosts

cllfdl
TotalPost:203
RE:RE:RE:Photo cards made into mini album (pics inside) Reply

>Yes she used the 54 design playing cards. They are so versatile since you can take off the poker text.... great for making kids games like go fish, memory, etc
    I just ordered a bunch of coaster and made them into a memory game for my grandson
18/9/2008 7:24:43

RM
TotalPost:680
RE:RE:RE:RE:Photo cards made into mini album (pics inside) Reply

>>Yes she used the 54 design playing cards. They are so versatile since you can take off the poker text.... great for making kids games like go fish, memory, etc
    > I just ordered a bunch of coaster and made them into a memory game for my grandson

Oh that's a good idea for the little ones who might tear the cards
18/9/2008 8:13:12

Allison Lienhard Taurus
TotalPost:6
RE:Photo cards made into mini album (pics inside) Reply

>Was happy with first photo cards I ordered so tried something different with these.. did all diff cards and then selected to not have numbers printed on them. I then bound them to make a mini album. (faces are blurred on purpose for posting reasons)
    >
    Thank you SO much for this idea! I decided to copy it and I just uploaded one photo from each week of the past year (since there are 52 weeks in a year and 52 cards in a deck). It's going to be a year in the life of my family. I'll use the two Joker cards (with poker text turned off) as the album cover and back cover. I think I may leave the backs of the cards blank so I can write on the back of each photo with a brief summary of the photo or that week in our lives. I'm going to just hook them together with a binder ring. I think the grandparents will LOVE them as Christmas gifts.

Anyway, thanks for thinking of this and posting the photos! I had no idea you could turn off the poker text, but now that I know, I see many, many mini photo albums in my future. LOL! :)
17/10/2008 0:10:32

RM
RE:RE:Photo cards made into mini album (pics inside) Reply

>>Was happy with first photo cards I ordered so tried something different with these.. did all diff cards and then selected to not have numbers printed on them. I then bound them to make a mini album. (faces are blurred on purpose for posting reasons)
    >>
    >Thank you SO much for this idea! I decided to copy it and I just uploaded one photo from each week of the past year (since there are 52 weeks in a year and 52 cards in a deck). It's going to be a year in the life of my family. I'll use the two Joker cards (with poker text turned off) as the album cover and back cover. I think I may leave the backs of the cards blank so I can write on the back of each photo with a brief summary of the photo or that week in our lives. I'm going to just hook them together with a binder ring. I think the grandparents will LOVE them as Christmas gifts.
    >
    >Anyway, thanks for thinking of this and posting the photos! I had no idea you could turn off the poker text, but now that I know, I see many, many mini photo albums in my future. LOL! :)
    >

Wow you have pictures from every week? You and Chay must be long lost twins
17/10/2008 0:33:25

Allison Lienhard Taurus
TotalPost:6

"Wow you have pictures from every week? You and Chay must be long lost twins"

LOL! I do. I've always been a photo freak. I also digital scrapbook, so I take a lot of pictures for that. And I did the Project 365 (photo a day for a year) for about 6 months before I stopped. So I definitely had plenty of photos on my hard drive to choose from. ;)
17/10/2008 2:56:07

RM

>"Wow you have pictures from every week? You and Chay must be long lost twins"
    >
    >LOL! I do. I've always been a photo freak. I also digital scrapbook, so I take a lot of pictures for that. And I did the Project 365 (photo a day for a year) for about 6 months before I stopped. So I definitely had plenty of photos on my hard drive to choose from. ;)
    >

LOL Yep you sound just like Chay. I'm lucky if I remember to take some once a month! Your camera must be glued to your hand
17/10/2008 3:03:33

MsTinaK Gemini
TotalPost:225
RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:Photo cards made into mini album (pics inside) Reply

>>"Wow you have pictures from every week? You and Chay must be long lost twins"
    >>
    >>LOL! I do. I've always been a photo freak. I also digital scrapbook, so I take a lot of pictures for that. And I did the Project 365 (photo a day for a year) for about 6 months before I stopped. So I definitely had plenty of photos on my hard drive to choose from. ;)
    >>
    >
    >
    >LOL Yep you sound just like Chay. I'm lucky if I remember to take some once a month! Your camera must be glued to your hand

I know I never leave the house without my camera. I take anywhere from a few dozen to hundreds of photos every week. and look out if there's a family event LOL My niece teasingly says I made her feel guilty when I visit and end up with more photos of her kids then she takes in a month. But they sure do like me to show up at the kids parties LOL But most of my shots are outdoors. I've been known to take my camera out at work just to capture a bug on the wall...then email it to my boss to find the next day and get the heebie jeebies from it since on her computer the picture shows up HUGE at first.

17/10/2008 5:46:57

Mattie
TotalPost:54

What an awesome idea! Thanks for posting!
25/10/2008 3:21:06

Rachelle Leo
TotalPost:126

This is such a wonderful idea...I think I'll have to try this too
13/11/2008 4:16:01

Broady Leo
TotalPost:9

A good idea.

It would be even better if they had a 108 design deck and have unique pictures on both sides of the cards.
20/1/2009 5:31:19

ScrapMojo
Title:Addicted
TotalPost:935
RE:RE:Photo cards made into mini album (pics inside) Reply

You can design both side of the 54's lol where did 108 come from i am not sure i have seen a card game that needs that many cards??
20/1/2009 14:28:17

Broady Leo
TotalPost:9

>You can design both side of the 54's lol where did 108 come from i am not sure i have seen a card game that needs that many cards??

The design on one side is the same for all cards though. I'd like to be able have unique designs on both sides of all the cards. 54x2 = 108 designs.

Would be great for custom card games where you have different types of cards. If I'm putting together a game with 150 cards and 10 of them need a different back, that requires ordering a whole new deck just for those 10 cards.
20/1/2009 16:56:04

Lori Smith
TotalPost:21

I think you can have the binding done at staples for like 2.xx Not sure on that but I remember a friend of mine printing out caledar sheets on cardstock and doing digital scrapbooking on half of them Then she had them bound. Very awesome custom made calendar. and it was super cheap.
13/2/2009 2:21:42

Kesia
TotalPost:66

OMG - I am so excited - I can't wait to do this.... I would never have thought of doing this (just not that creative)... Thanks for the idea - I love it..
    Kesia
13/2/2009 2:50:58

Teri Frederisy
TotalPost:75

I LOVE this idea! I am definitely doing this in my next order. Thanks so much for sharing.
15/3/2009 0:58:42

Chris
TotalPost:10

Actually, you can create a deck with unique images on both sides now: http://www.artscow.com/Create/ShowProduct.aspx?ProductId=394
31/3/2009 6:26:42

Kendra Scorpio
Title:find me on facebook
TotalPost:95

I love this idea so uch so that I think I'll make a few little ones of my own. Just have to find a place that can punch & sell me the bindings. I did my first 3 sets of cards 54 designs a week ago and never even noticed that you can remove the lettering.....I think I would have made little photo flip books for the Dads I made them for if I would've known this!!

Sometimes what seems like the simplest idea is just pure genius!!
27/2/2010 9:49:12

Sharon
TotalPost:7

>I love this idea so uch so that I think I'll make a few little ones of my own. Just have to find a place that can punch & sell me the bindings. I did my first 3 sets of cards 54 designs a week ago and never even noticed that you can remove the lettering.....I think I would have made little photo flip books for the Dads I made them for if I would've known this!!
    >
    >Sometimes what seems like the simplest idea is just pure genius!!

Thanks! I have been away from the forum for a while... I used a product called Bind It All sold at scrapbooking locations such as Archivers. I understand there are a few office supply places that might do it for you using something similar. Have fun!!!!
27/2/2010 23:39:38

Ashaloo
TotalPost:154
RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:Photo cards made into mini album (pics inside) Reply

Wow, this is an amazing idea!! I'm so glad I stumbled on to it...I'm thinking it'll make a GREAT brag book for my mother as it seems like it could be durable enough to be tossed around in the purse a bit and not get too messed up... THANKS!
    -----------------------------------------------
    "Just Add Dirt"

1/3/2010 14:54:42

vinh
TotalPost:5

7/11/2010 0:17:20
Page 2 of 3, Total 42 1 2 3