Your are the 1128th Viewer
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 1 of 2, Total 25 1 2
AuthorPosts

Carrie
TotalPost:72
re: 20 page book not a true 20 pages Reply

there was a post in the Photo Book section about the fact that a 20 page book is not a true 20 page book. Somehow it disappeared? There were comments on there from me and some others who were disappointed in your deception about this book actually being 23 pages and you trying to get another $1.50 out of people. I'm disappointed in you and your services for using tactics like this. I love artscow books/photos but it's hard for me to support a business that is being deceptive in it's advertising as well as deleting all "negative" things about them so everything seems so bright and cheery.

Please note I allowed your company to use my designs and images for this 20 page book campaign as well as my calendar. I don't feel comfortable with you all using them if you are going to use these tactics.

Carrie
16/9/2008 19:37:29

cllfdl
TotalPost:203
RE:Berry, Why are you deleting posts? re: 20 page book not a true 20 pages Reply

>there was a post in the Photo Book section about the fact that a 20 page book is not a true 20 page book. Somehow it disappeared? There were comments on there from me and some others who were disappointed in your deception about this book actually being 23 pages and you trying to get another $1.50 out of people. I'm disappointed in you and your services for using tactics like this. I love artscow books/photos but it's hard for me to support a business that is being deceptive in it's advertising as well as deleting all "negative" things about them so everything seems so bright and cheery.
    >
    >Please note I allowed your company to use my designs and images for this 20 page book campaign as well as my calendar. I don't feel comfortable with you all using them if you are going to use these tactics.
    >
    >Carrie

I had to have missed this post what is going on? I am getting ready to make a few 20 page books (i just recieved my 30 page and love them) but would like to be informed of issue first. thanks,

16/9/2008 22:18:49

Carrie
RE:RE:Berry, Why are you deleting posts? re: 20 page book not a true 20 pages Reply

a 20 page book is actually a 24 page book (23 picture pages and one artscow logo page) So at the end of you making your 20 pages it tells you to in order to have a "perfect" looking book you might want to add pages 21, 22, 23 at .50 each or esle these pages will be blank in your 20 page book.
17/9/2008 0:50:26

RM
TotalPost:680
RE:RE:RE:Berry, Why are you deleting posts? re: 20 page book not a true 20 pages Reply

>a 20 page book is actually a 24 page book (23 picture pages and one artscow logo page) So at the end of you making your 20 pages it tells you to in order to have a "perfect" looking book you might want to add pages 21, 22, 23 at .50 each or esle these pages will be blank in your 20 page book.

They've been deleting a lot of posts. They deleted both mine and Charray's reviews of the puzzles, my review of the calendar, and several others that I could name but am choosing not to. Not only did they delete it but I have not heard back from customer service in reply to my email either (sent Wednesday evening US time).
17/9/2008 1:51:53

Christine B Capricorn
Title:Christine
TotalPost:51
RE:RE:RE:RE:Berry, Why are you deleting posts? re: 20 page book not a true 20 pages Reply

>>a 20 page book is actually a 24 page book (23 picture pages and one artscow logo page) So at the end of you making your 20 pages it tells you to in order to have a "perfect" looking book you might want to add pages 21, 22, 23 at .50 each or esle these pages will be blank in your 20 page book.
    >
    >
    >They've been deleting a lot of posts. They deleted both mine and Charray's reviews of the puzzles, my review of the calendar, and several others that I could name but am choosing not to. Not only did they delete it but I have not heard back from customer service in reply to my email either (sent Wednesday evening US time).

I have had the same problem with no response to emails and posts in forums. I have a few problems that I have needed help with and I have been ignored too. So I just posted in letter to CEO forum and it will probably be deleted rather than being dealt with appropriately. I have tried to ask nicely many times for help and have no response. It seems we are all having these issues lately.
17/9/2008 2:05:05

ScrapMojo
Title:Addicted
TotalPost:935
RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:Berry, Why are you deleting posts? re: 20 page book not a true 20 pages Reply

to me this is just wrong... advertising a 20 page and either fork out the hidden fees or get a nasty 3 blank pages plus a logo page...
18/9/2008 0:00:31

Meaghan Aries
TotalPost:581
RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:Berry, Why are you deleting posts? re: 20 page book not a true 20 pages Reply

UMMMM I just ordered a 20 page book for Christmas gift for my boyfriends SISTER (who is so hard to shop for) i did notice that it said that it would have 3 blank pages at the end??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This will look horrible as i dont have many photos of her so could only fill 19 pages as it was, and just put Notes with fancy paper behind so she can write her memories of that year in it... but now its going to have 3 MORE black pages WHAT??!! NOOOOooo This is HORRIBLE. i am going to be imbarassed to give this to her
18/9/2008 3:32:33

Oriana
TotalPost:101
RE:Berry, Why are you deleting posts? re: 20 page book not a true 20 pages Reply

Is funny how perspective can change from one person to another... I'm in the oposite side... I can't hardly wait for them to make bigger books.
    My books are usually 60 plus pages, so while I'm thrill with the prices of arts cow, I'm bummed of the fact that my year books I have to a. split them in 2 or 3 or b. print them elsewhere.

And about the extra 3 pages, I have to said that I don't think this is a trick. I use to work in the editorial business and is true that you need to make certain amount of pages in order to be perfect (usually multiples of 8: 16-24-32-40-48) and since the last page is the logo then artscow speaks of 23, 31, 39. So they are not making this up is the way certain printing machines (the ones that allows the low prices) works. And c'mon, let's face it... even with the extra $1.50 for your pages to look perfect the prices of Art's Cow are less than half of the other printing companies.

And don't be so upset about the blank pages. A lot of professional books have a couple of blank pages at the end. Just check a library or any bookstore.

BTW, I have no liasson with AC, just feel to make my opinion on the subject
18/9/2008 5:26:12

Meaghan Aries
RE:RE:Berry, Why are you deleting posts? re: 20 page book not a true 20 pages Reply

I'm more upset that i didnt know there would be 3 blank pages at the end, i would rather have spent the $1.50 and put the NOTES text on it or something so it was "filled"
18/9/2008 5:41:30

Carrie
RE:RE:RE:Berry, Why are you deleting posts? re: 20 page book not a true 20 pages Reply

I would much rather them be honest and say a 23 page book and go ahead and charge the $1.50 more than not know as it wasn't there with my first 20 page book - than get in the middle and them go...oh wait you are going to have blank pages.

As for the printing industry and their standards of binding or whatever - i would guess that 99% of us are NOT in that industry so we would have NO clue how that all works out. We are not experts in that field so we are in the hands of artscow to give us upfront and honest information with their advertising.
    Carrie

18/9/2008 8:48:56

Berry
TotalPost:1021

hi Carrie and others,

For 30 pages, it has the 31st page blank, then 32nd page "logo page". (No one complain $0.50 for 31st page need to pay for a perfect book?)

For 20 pages, it has 21, 22 and 23rd page blank, then 24 page "logo page".

And if you want to extra pages, you need to add them, 8 pages each time, which is 24p, 32p, and 40p.

You have the option to add 21 , 22, and 23nd pages, if you don't add them, it will be free of course. But since the nature of "machine sewing process", 24, 32, or 40 pages are a must.

We will think about per page cost from $0.50 to $1.00 in the coming future, to cover our production and shipping cost.

Some posts got deleted, because if the forum got too "negative" posts, it will affect our business very much. If the forum is out of control, we will have to close the "whole forum" at all.

For order status, or orders with problem, please contact our customer service representives directly, not by forum, thanks.

Thanks.

-----------------------------------------------
    Berry
    ArtsCow.com
18/9/2008 12:33:06

Berry

hi Oriana,

Thanks for your support.

It did help us a little bit.

We did the honest business here.

More pages options, and the 12x12 photo books will be available when we got enough daily 8x8 orders.

Berry
    ArtsCow.com
18/9/2008 12:33:20

Carrie

Berry -
    you need to change the wording on the books then to say it's actually a 23 page book and your first 20 pages are "free" each additional page will be .50.
    You are advertising a 20 page book when it's a 23 page book. You need to be more upfront and honest with your descriptions and advertising!

The reason no one might have complained about the blank page in the 30 page books is that it was only ONE page vs the THREE pages this one has making it more obvious.

My other complaint is that the box talking about the blank pages was NOT there when I made my book on Sept 1st - therefore I had no Idea i would be getting 3 blank pages.

Deletion of posts - while I understand you don't want negativity to influence your business. To me it might be worse to delete these posts without taking care of your customer complaints in a fast and efficient manner. There would be less complaints if you did so and that would get rid of a lot of the negativity people are posting. Customer service should be your #1 priority and you know that you will get more referrals if customers see that their complaints are being taken care of fast and they aren't having to email you 10 times or post on the board to get you all to respond.
18/9/2008 21:01:23

RM
TotalPost:680

>hi Carrie and others,
    >
    >For 30 pages, it has the 31st page blank, then 32nd page "logo page". (No one complain $0.50 for 31st page need to pay for a perfect book?)
    >
    >For 20 pages, it has 21, 22 and 23rd page blank, then 24 page "logo page".
    >
    >And if you want to extra pages, you need to add them, 8 pages each time, which is 24p, 32p, and 40p.
    >
    >You have the option to add 21 , 22, and 23nd pages, if you don't add them, it will be free of course. But since the nature of "machine sewing process", 24, 32, or 40 pages are a must.
    >
    >We will think about per page cost from $0.50 to $1.00 in the coming future, to cover our production and shipping cost.
    >
    >Some posts got deleted, because if the forum got too "negative" posts, it will affect our business very much. If the forum is out of control, we will have to close the "whole forum" at all.
    >
    >For order status, or orders with problem, please contact our customer service representives directly, not by forum, thanks.
    >
    >Thanks.
    >

So negative product reviews are not allowed anymore? If so you really should delete the part on the overview page that talks about a forum with honest feedback because it's no longer true. Apparently you only want the good reviews now which is ashame because it affects a lot of people's perceptions of this company. I understand that to get a reply back about the orders, we have to contact customer service but it shouldn't be advertised that these are honest forums. Like if somebody came on here looking for reviews on the puzzles... there are none now so they would think no problems have come up when in reality, 2 different people have had problems with the puzzles.
19/9/2008 0:55:24

Linda
TotalPost:113

>
    >Some posts got deleted, because if the forum got too "negative" posts, it will affect our business very much. If the forum is out of control, we will have to close the "whole forum" at all.
    >
    >For order status, or orders with problem, please contact our customer service representives directly, not by forum, thanks.
    >
    >Thanks.
    >

Just say nice things then - or we'll delete you & we might even close the forums if you can't say nice things!

You might find that people post their problems on other forums in that case - THAT will do a GREAT deal of good for the company - NOT! You really need to rethink this stance!

Having run my own business I just CANNOT believe you typed that! This is NO WAY to get anyone to trust your company! Also reneging on what you promised some of us photobooks changed for calendars IS NOT good customer relations - OR HONEST!

Promotions that are offered should be fulfilled - you SHOULD NOT change the goalposts mid-way! It's NOT HONEST, it's NOT FAIR & it also shows as TOTALLY unprofessional! This company may be new BUT you have been around since at least 2003 in different guises from what I can see.

If you were based in the UK or US then you would have Trading Standards on your neck & you would quickly be put out of business for such an unprofessional attitude. You would also be MADE TO HONOUR your promotions FULLY - No excuses - we ALL have it in writing!

I really think you should seriously consider what you are doing! If you want to sell in markets other than Hong Kong - then you NEED to abide by the SAME standards that we expect of out home based companies. - That means fulfilling ALL your promises to us & providing items that actually look as good as they do on your site. If you don't then word will swiftly get around. Forums can make or break a company!

Close these forums & people will vent elsewhere - to the detriment of your business. Be HONEST on here & fulfil your promises & you will get more people happy to refer others to you.

The MORE open & honest you are - the more people will be happy to deal with you. You REALLY need to reconsider this!

I would STRONLY suggest that you speak to some UK & US business people in Hong Kong & LEARN exactly what we expect of companies we deal with. A UK or US based company WOULD NOT BE ALLOWED to treat its' customers this way. The LAW here would make sure you honoured ALL promises FULLY - NO EXCUSES accepted - whether they be lame excuses OR good ones!

Personally I have no problems with 20 page or 30 page photobooks needing extra pages to look perfect - I understand that & the choice is ours as to whether we pay extra.

I jumped in & put a reply on here because I just couldn't BELIEVE what I had read - ToTALLY, TOTALLY UNPROFESSIONAL Berry - you REALLY NEED lessons on how to succeed in foreign markets!
    The FIRST lesson - Gain peoples trust by being HONEST & fulfilling all things promised!
19/9/2008 7:51:28

Berry

hi Linda,

Thanks for your detailed comments.

We will be careful next time when we are doing promotions. The 5 referrals with 5 free photo books promotions were finished, all coupon codes will be expired in these 10 days.

As we explained before, the problem caused by shipping adjustment for photo books from $11.99 to $7.99 , for those members who referral friends to use the code, we are still adding 30p photo books credits to their a/c. We did correct the errors for them.

Sorry about any inconvenience caused.
    Berry
    ArtsCow.com
19/9/2008 9:42:52

Berry

"My other complaint is that the box talking about the blank pages was NOT there when I made my book on Sept 1st - therefore I had no Idea i would be getting 3 blank pages."

hi Carrie,

Sorry about the problem caused on "Sept 1st", we are adding the 21,22,23rd page to be empty blank pages at that moment. If you got the shipment of photo books, and can't accept it, let me know, I will do some arrangement for you.

Sorry about that.

Berry
    ArtsCow.com
19/9/2008 9:49:36

Britt Libra
TotalPost:126
RE:RE:RE:RE:Berry, Why are you deleting posts? re: 20 page book not a true 20 pages Reply

As we explained before, the problem caused by shipping adjustment for photo books from $11.99 to $7.99 , for those members who referral friends to use the code, we are still adding 30p photo books credits to their a/c. We did correct the errors for them.

Berry, I have had five of the codes used now and got calendars for them. I've posted on the other thread specifically about that with no one willing to help me with it, so there are still people out there waiting for someone on AC to make a correction of their credits from calendars to 30p photo books. :\
19/9/2008 9:50:45

Linda
TotalPost:113

>hi Linda,
    >
    >Thanks for your detailed comments.
    >
    >We will be careful next time when we are doing promotions. The 5 referrals with 5 free photo books promotions were finished, all coupon codes will be expired in these 10 days.
    >
    >As we explained before, the problem caused by shipping adjustment for photo books from $11.99 to $7.99 , for those members who referral friends to use the code, we are still adding 30p photo books credits to their a/c. We did correct the errors for them.
    >
    >Sorry about any inconvenience caused.

Hmmm Berry - I hope you do take note of my comments - I hope you are here for years & do sort out your problems.

There are a few of us STILL waiting for our calendars to be changed to photobooks. Myself included - I have 4 calendars instead of photobooks. I trust these WILL be changed to photobooks - as in your original promise to us! Changing the cost of shipping from $11.99 to $7.99 does not mean you can also change what you promised us in writing!

P.S. - the codes could also be used more than once apparently - so you did get MORE people taking advantage of this than WE were aware of! Had I known this initially I would have taken the used ones off the forums where I posted them all. Obviously people tried the 1st ones that were already taken first - we didn't realise that they could be used more than once until way after we'd posted them.
19/9/2008 9:57:26

Meaghan Aries
RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:Berry, Why are you deleting posts? re: 20 page book not a true 20 pages Reply

>for those members who referral friends to use the code, we are still adding 30p photo books credits to their a/c. We did correct the errors for them.

>Sorry about any inconvenience caused.

Hey Berry.... I also have had 5 more credits used and have gotten Calendars for them.
    Can you fix for me, as Willaim had already done it for the other 3
    I dont want the Calendars too take the 5 calendars that you gave me by accedent and replace with photo books.

THANKS Berry
19/9/2008 10:47:58
Page 1 of 2, Total 25 1 2