Your are the 1676th Viewer
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 1 of 1, Total 8 1
AuthorPosts

cllfdl
TotalPost:203
is there a way to change my dpi? Reply

I thought i read on one of the posts that if you have low res on some of your pics you could change the dpi, can some one tell me how. I have adobe photoshop elements, corel paintshop pro c2, and microsoft photosuite. thanks if you want you can send me a pm or email at cllfdl at yahoo dot com. i posted here thinking that others might need to know how as well. thanks
9/19/2008 3:10:33 AM

RM
TotalPost:680
RE:is there a way to change my dpi? Reply

>I thought i read on one of the posts that if you have low res on some of your pics you could change the dpi, can some one tell me how. I have adobe photoshop elements, corel paintshop pro c2, and microsoft photosuite. thanks if you want you can send me a pm or email at cllfdl at yahoo dot com. i posted here thinking that others might need to know how as well. thanks

I don't have any of those programs but on any of them do you have an option under editing or transform that says "image properties" or something like that? That's what it says under mine and you can change the size and also the dpi and that is also how you change to cmyk or whatever it's called. If you can't find that, I hope somebody else can help you.
9/19/2008 3:24:26 AM

Chelsey Austin Capricorn
TotalPost:21

You can't really make a low resolution image into a high resolution image. You would be creating pixels and the conversion would just give you a blurry image. You can make a high into a low. Anything you get off of the internet will be low because it is 72 DPI, however if you can find it at a large enough pixel dimension you have something to work with. I have photoshop CS3 so I don't know how to do it in elements. This link might help explain some things, it was given to my for my digital photography class: http://www.library.cornell.edu/preservation/tutorial/intro/intro-01.html

Good luck
12/3/2008 12:55:47 AM

Jennifer
TotalPost:3

I noticed that my pictures from my camera are 72dpi. I was wondering if I could change the setting on my camera to make the dpi level higher. Since 150dpi is recommended for printing. I am using a Sony dsc w-55 7.2 mp camera. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
12/4/2008 3:44:11 PM

Tiffany Casey
TotalPost:49

Most cameras, if not all, create the image at 72dpi. You really need to look at the number of pixels.

a 4x6 at 300 dpi will be 1200x1800 pixels.

a 10 megapixel camera will give you a large image like 3000xsome other large number. That is what is important.
12/4/2008 11:56:20 PM

Amanda Konesni Leo
TotalPost:90

I just use plain old boring Paint. Once you open your picture in Paint, go up to where it says "Resize" and click to change the pixels. 5000 horizontal (keep aspect ratio checked) fits EVERYTHING on here. Yes, it's a large size so it's annoying to upload them all, but you never have to worry about sizing those pictures again.
4/22/2012 7:58:13 AM

gaga
TotalPost:57
RE:RE:is there a way to change my dpi? Reply

I followed your step by step instruction and was able to change the DPI. You should be given a kudos for sharing.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Photo Designing Newbie
6/9/2012 11:59:44 PM

snackpackgu
TotalPost:144
RE:RE:RE:is there a way to change my dpi? Reply

With some cameras, a photo might be at 72 dpi but it's huge - something like 17 by 14 inches. In photoshop elements, all you have to do is click on image adjust - unclick resample - then put in the 300 dpi instead of the 72 in the dialog box. The photo will now be something like 6x4 at 300 dpi instead of 17x14 at 72 dpi. You won't loose any sharpness that way.

-----------------------------------------------
    Snackpackgu's Free Templates - http://www.artscow.com/design-templates/snackpackgu

Snackpackgu's Scrapbooking Kits - http://www.artscow.com/digital-scrapbooking/snackpackgu

6/10/2012 12:41:01 AM
Page 1 of 1, Total 8 1