Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 1 of 1, Total 12 1
AuthorPosts

Belinda Geissler
TotalPost:16
HELP PLEASE why do i have 2 user id's? Reply

hi there,

i replied to a post yesterday, and then noticed it had the wrong post count, so took a closer look and found that i have 2 user id's?

my correct user id is - 4459 and i've been a member since 6/25/2008.

but the post i made yesterday shows a different user id, this one - 13643 and it says i've been a member since 10/11/2008 ???

yet my name is the same and the number beside my name ( in the control panel area ) is the same, but i have 2 user id's...

The recent post that shows the WRONG post count is here on page 4 i think - http://forum.artscow.com/ShowPost.aspx?ThreadId=16928

i dont know why i have the 2 user id's for my name, and i've never had a problem with posting before this..

Can you please fix it so that my post's show the correct details?

Thanks for your help,
    Belinda :-)

16/10/2008 9:24:16

Belinda Geissler
RE:HELP PLEASE why do i have 2 user id's? Reply

ok, now you can see that the post i just made is showing the wrong post count also?

if you click on that, you'll see that its showing the wrong user id...

my correct user id can be seen here on this post - http://forum.artscow.com/ShowPost.aspx?ThreadId=11992

its very confusing, please help!!

16/10/2008 9:28:01

Charray
TotalPost:541
RE:RE:HELP PLEASE why do i have 2 user id's? Reply

Hey belinda

I clicked on your user name in the forum and your user number is 13643. That is the user number I use if I want to send you a PM through this forum.

The other user number you mentioned I am guessing is your artscow user number for the STORE. They show you your userID (I think they call it) next to your email address.

So we have one number in the forum, and one number in the store. Why? I have no idea but have found that this is common on many sites. If this is still not the answer you are looking for (you have 2 forum id numbers/2 store numbers) then please post again so they can check this out.
16/10/2008 9:39:13

Belinda Geissler

hello :-)

thanks for your help and the quick reply :-)

if you go here

http://forum.artscow.com/ShowPost.aspx?ThreadId=11992

you'll see one of my previous posts, and when you click on my name in that post it shows a different user id to the one you've mentioned you checked.

my original user id is 4459 not 13643 which is the one you saw just before when you checked.

arghh i hope this makes sense lol
    i would really like all my posts to show up in the one place, not under two different user id's ( which are both in my name and both have the same number beside my name in brackets which is my store id number)

Thanks for any and all help!
    Belinda :-)

16/10/2008 9:51:27

Berry
TotalPost:1021

hi Belinda,

If you change email address, our forum will auto generate another user id for you. Do you?

Thanks.

-----------------------------------------------
    Berry
    ArtsCow.com
16/10/2008 9:59:41

Belinda Geissler

Hi Berry,

thanks for the quick reply :-)

actually, yes i have changed email address recently! that ended up an easy answer lol Thank you for solving that :-)

i'm guessing i've lost what little post count i had on my original user id? or are you able to move them to my new user id for me please? if not thats cool

Thanks so much again for the help!!
    Belinda
16/10/2008 10:14:04

Charray
TotalPost:541

Hey I didnt know that one either, changing your email address. Good to know

Too cute about the post count, do we have a secret game I dont know about? LoL
16/10/2008 10:16:07

Belinda Geissler

nah, no secret game, just wanted to be able to find posts that i reviewed photo items for easily iykwim lol nothing major ;-)
16/10/2008 10:21:19

Meaghan Aries
TotalPost:581

Hey that IS good to know.
    Glad you got it figured out though
16/10/2008 12:18:34

Christine B Capricorn
TotalPost:96
RE:RE:RE:HELP PLEASE why do i have 2 user id's? Reply

That happened to me too. They were only able to transfer my old PMs to my new account they told me they could not change my post counts or move them over to my new account. So it looks like I am starting over too. I was a new member in 6/08 to and now it says I joined on 9/25/08. Hope this helps.
16/10/2008 20:24:44

Berry
TotalPost:1021

hi Belinda,

If it is just about "count" of your post, please just forget it.

Last time our programmers help "Christine B" to move posts and PMs, takes about 20 minutes. It is painful move, lol.

Programmers are now very busy on "Photo book Sharing System", and busy on "12x12 Photo Book Testing", both of them will be available in these days. Hope you understand that.

-----------------------------------------------
    Berry
    ArtsCow.com
16/10/2008 22:39:50

Belinda Geissler
RE:RE:RE:HELP PLEASE why do i have 2 user id's? Reply

its all good now, thanks! lol

can't wait for what your programmers are busy on right now, 12 x 12 photobooks sound Great!!

>hi Belinda,
    >
    >If it is just about "count" of your post, please just forget it.
    >
    >Last time our programmers help "Christine B" to move posts and PMs, takes about 20 minutes. It is painful move, lol.
    >
    >Programmers are now very busy on "Photo book Sharing System", and busy on "12x12 Photo Book Testing", both of them will be available in these days. Hope you understand that.
    >
    >
    >
22/10/2008 13:24:16
Page 1 of 1, Total 12 1