Your are the 1041th Viewer
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 1 of 2, Total 32 1 2
AuthorPosts

Stephanie
TotalPost:8
Causing probs with my computer Reply

I've been trying to get into the area to create/edit a photobook and everytime I try to close the usage screen, it causes an error and shuts down Internet Explorer. I tried it in Firefox also and it did the same thing. I've updated my computer, scan disk and defragged. Any ideas of what could be going on and what I can do to fix it?

Stephanie
20/10/2008 3:19:34

Christine B Capricorn
TotalPost:96
RE:Causing probs with my computer Reply

First have you gone to your account page and followed the link for the new update for the Silverlight 2.0? That would be the first step. After it is done you must reboot your computer for anything to work. If you have already done that there is a post here from berry that tells you where to post your problems. I also recall reading somewhere that someone with firefox was having problems I will see if I can find that thread and post it here for you too.

http://forum.artscow.com/ShowPost.aspx?ThreadId=24175

Hope this helps.
20/10/2008 3:46:47

Christine B Capricorn
RE:RE:Causing probs with my computer Reply

Here is the thread from the person that was having similar problems too. I hope one of these solutions helps you.
20/10/2008 3:56:10

Stephanie

Thanks for your response. Yes, I have updated Silverlight. That's when my problems started. Ever since I made the udpate, I have not been able to create a photobook. It closes down my internet explorer everytime I try. I'll go check Berry's post.

Thanks!!

>First have you gone to your account page and followed the link for the new update for the Silverlight 2.0? That would be the first step. After it is done you must reboot your computer for anything to work. If you have already done that there is a post here from berry that tells you where to post your problems. I also recall reading somewhere that someone with firefox was having problems I will see if I can find that thread and post it here for you too.
    >
    >http://forum.artscow.com/ShowPost.aspx?ThreadId=24175
    >
    >Hope this helps.
    >
20/10/2008 22:18:32

Stephanie
RE:RE:RE:Causing probs with my computer-BERRY PLEASE HELP! Reply

Ok, I've been reading all kinds of messages and I'm not seeing my problem discussed anywhere. I've downloaded silverlight 2, restarted my computer and when I go to artscow to make a photobook (either edit or create new...it doesn't matter), I can't even get to begin the project. As soon as I set to begin, IE has a problem and restarts my browser. I've been to the MS Silverlight board, but I didn't see anything that talks about my problem.

Any ideas??? This is the only website that I have problems with. And so far, it only seems to happen when I go to make a photobook.

>Thanks for your response. Yes, I have updated Silverlight. That's when my problems started. Ever since I made the udpate, I have not been able to create a photobook. It closes down my internet explorer everytime I try. I'll go check Berry's post.
    >
    >Thanks!!
    >
    >>First have you gone to your account page and followed the link for the new update for the Silverlight 2.0? That would be the first step. After it is done you must reboot your computer for anything to work. If you have already done that there is a post here from berry that tells you where to post your problems. I also recall reading somewhere that someone with firefox was having problems I will see if I can find that thread and post it here for you too.
    >>
    >>http://forum.artscow.com/ShowPost.aspx?ThreadId=24175
    >>
    >>Hope this helps.
    >>
    >
20/10/2008 23:28:37

Christine B Capricorn
RE:RE:RE:RE:Causing probs with my computer-BERRY PLEASE HELP! Reply

Oh I'm sorry I forgot to actually past the other thread in here too. Sorry. I'm not sure if this will even help. But until Berry or Ruby can respond it may give you another alternative. Good Luck and I hope this gets fixed soon.

http://forum.artscow.com/ShowPost.aspx?ThreadId=17647
21/10/2008 2:35:38

leah
TotalPost:6
RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:Causing probs with my computer-BERRY PLEASE HELP! Reply

I'm also having the same problem with firefox and IE since updated to silverlight 2..I had no problem before updating..This is really annoying..Have uninstalled, reinstalled, restart so many times and I'm so tired of this. I have contacted silverlight support but still no answer from them.

>Oh I'm sorry I forgot to actually past the other thread in here too. Sorry. I'm not sure if this will even help. But until Berry or Ruby can respond it may give you another alternative. Good Luck and I hope this gets fixed soon.
    >
    >http://forum.artscow.com/ShowPost.aspx?ThreadId=17647
21/10/2008 12:50:52

Admin1 Capricorn
TotalPost:253
RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:Causing probs with my computer-BERRY PLEASE HELP! Reply

hi all,

If you have any problem with silverlight2, please leave your web browser version, windows version, it will help us resolve the problem.

Thanks &
    Best Regards
    ArtsCow.com
21/10/2008 14:46:57

leah
RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:Causing probs with my computer-BERRY PLEASE HELP! Reply

I am using firefox 3.0.3, and a vista pc.

>hi all,
    >
    > If you have any problem with silverlight2, please leave your web browser version, windows version, it will help us resolve the problem.
    >
    >Thanks &
    >Best Regards
    >ArtsCow.com
    >
21/10/2008 16:02:00

Stephanie
RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:Causing probs with my computer-BERRY PLEASE HELP! Reply

I'm using I.E. with Vista and I tried it with Firefox as well. Same thing happens in both browsers.

Stephanie

>hi all,
    >
    > If you have any problem with silverlight2, please leave your web browser version, windows version, it will help us resolve the problem.
    >
    >Thanks &
    >Best Regards
    >ArtsCow.com
    >
22/10/2008 9:30:14

Laura
TotalPost:1

>I've been trying to get into the area to create/edit a photobook and everytime I try to close the usage screen, it causes an error and shuts down Internet Explorer. I tried it in Firefox also and it did the same thing. I've updated my computer, scan disk and defragged. Any ideas of what could be going on and what I can do to fix it?
    >
    >Stephanie

I have been having the same problems. Silverlight does not work on my xp machine with IE 8 or 7 or firefox or anything. I can't create book or upload multiple pics. This is a shame I was hoping I found a great site for my baby memorabilia, but alas, there is no way for me to do it and my credits expire soon.
23/10/2008 3:14:45

Stephanie West

I am having the same problem - Vista using IE.

dawn

>I've been trying to get into the area to create/edit a photobook and everytime I try to close the usage screen, it causes an error and shuts down Internet Explorer. I tried it in Firefox also and it did the same thing. I've updated my computer, scan disk and defragged. Any ideas of what could be going on and what I can do to fix it?
    >
    >Stephanie
23/10/2008 6:08:28

Stephanie

Ok, not only is it not working with Vista and IE, but I tried on a different computer, running Vista with Firefox and it did the same thing.

I can't make photobooks or calendars! I'm losing my credits and I wanted to make some of these for Christmas. This is really frustrating. If I can't get it working, I can't continue to do business here, and I really do like this place!

Stephanie
23/10/2008 21:09:13

Connie Dawson
TotalPost:3
RE:RE:RE:Causing probs with my computer Reply

I'm having the same problem. I've tried i.e. and mozilla. I've tried silverlight 2.0 downloads and restarts. I've downloaded from Microsoft and from artscow. I've cleaned out my recycle bin/caches. Microsoft says it's on my computer correctly. It either crashes my internet or I get a white screen. Very frustrating. I want to order!!! Help!
23/10/2008 23:21:29

Pat Flora
TotalPost:2

Ditto, same here! Except I have never DL'd anything but the latest version of SilverLight. Go to create page, close window that appears there and whammy, IE quits working. Hope somebody knows how to fix this. Seems like a lot of people are having the same problem.
24/10/2008 3:40:50

Stephanie West

I posted this question over at silverlight forums: I have installed Silverlight and confirmed that it works on the showcase page, but when I go to use it on a photo uploading service that I use - I get the message that IE has to restart. I have uninstalled and installed several times. Anyone now how to get this to work. I was using a previous version and uninstalled that one also, before loading 2.0.

This is the annswer that I received.

By: ken tucker in Installation and Setup
    Subject: Re: Having problems running silverlight

It is possible that the photo uploading service has an issue. I would contact them about the error.

Mine still isn't working either. My computer at the office is working fine, but it is an XP and I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. I'm not sure how my boss would like me uploading photo books at work.
24/10/2008 19:48:57

Admin1 Capricorn
TotalPost:253

hi all,

We changed the book designer & uploading service a little,
    try again & let us know if you still have this problem.

Thanks & Best Regards
    ArtsCow.com
25/10/2008 0:25:55

Stephanie West
RE:RE:RE:Causing probs with my computer Reply

Still doing the same thing.
25/10/2008 7:13:01

Berry
TotalPost:1021
RE:RE:RE:RE:Causing probs with my computer Reply

25/10/2008 9:59:22

leah
RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:Causing probs with my computer Reply

ive tried that, Berry, but to no avail.

Ive received my first photo book that i created before installing silverlight 2 and i am so happy with the quality.
    I want to create some more books but this problem is really frustrating me!!!

>hi Stephanie,
    >
    >Please try this:
    >
    >http://forum.artscow.com/ShowPost.aspx?ThreadId=16542 (the last post).
    >
    >Thanks.
    >
25/10/2008 14:40:47
Page 1 of 2, Total 32 1 2