Your are the 415th Viewer
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 1 of 1, Total 6 1
AuthorPosts

Chris
TotalPost:117
HOW TO? Request for help on 12x12 pages (quickpages being used) Reply

There really needs to be a how to section added to the forum. They are sending people away from their site to look for answers and help on projects when if they had it here, it would keep people on their site longer and in the end, that usually equals higher profits. Anyway!! Here is my question...

I bought a stunning set of quickpages from BlushButter. I've not done any digital scrapbooking except using PageMaker so I am very much a novice at this. I am using PhotoShop and setting up layers because that seemed the easiest route but I don't really know how to set up the spine so it looks right. Also, since I'm new to this, I know I'm going to make mistakes. Any advice would be appreciated. If there is an easier way to do the layout that use Photoshop, let me know.

Thanks. Oh, this is the set I bought. It is so beautiful!!

http://www.blushbutter.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_25&products_id=566
    -----------------------------------------------
    Chris
12/11/2008 4:52:20

Meta Meulenbelt Cancer
TotalPost:47
RE:HOW TO? Request for help on 12x12 pages (quickpages being used) Reply

Okay, a very quick "howto":

Open Photoshop
    Open the Quickpage file (PNG file possibly).
    Create a new file (new file, 3600 x 3600 pixels 300 dpi) with transparant background
    Drag the quickpage file to the new file (it should fit perfectly)
    Open the photo you want to place in the quickpage
    Drag the photo on the new file
    It will be placed on top of the quickpage
    Drag the layer of the quickpage above the photo
    Select the photo and adjust it to fit behind the hole in the quickpage (drag, turn, make smaller)
    Do the same with multiple photos
    If you have multiple photos and you see parts of a photo on top of another: select the eraser tool and erase the parts you don't want to see
    Add text or other things on top of the quickpage (alpha's for example)
    Save as psd file if you possibly want to change something to the QP later (it's best to save a lot of times from start when working on your file)
    Save as jpg file for printing

If I didn't understand your question, please ask, there are a lot of people who know how to use these QP's!

Meta Meulenbelt
12/11/2008 18:36:41

Meta Meulenbelt Cancer

The text on the spine of the book can be created within the design tool on Artscow. You place the front and backpage in the tool, resize as desired, and then type the text on the spine. That's the safest option to get the text really great exactly on the spine.

Meta Meulenbelt
12/11/2008 18:38:33

Chris
RE:RE:HOW TO? Request for help on 12x12 pages (quickpages being used) Reply

Okay, this is exactly what I've been doing. I didn't really think there was another way but I know people on this forum have worked with digital scrapbooking a lot and that if there was an easier way, someone here would know :-) And, it's not really difficult. I can open my PNG file and then open a photo and drag that photo into my PNG. Then I just rearrange the layer so it goes behind. I am still using version CS2.

Then I imagine I just upload it to artscow and apply it to my book and it should turn out great or is there something else I will need to do?

Thanks for your help :-)

>Okay, a very quick "howto":
    >
    >Open Photoshop
    >Open the Quickpage file (PNG file possibly).
    >Create a new file (new file, 3600 x 3600 pixels 300 dpi) with transparant background
    >Drag the quickpage file to the new file (it should fit perfectly)
    >Open the photo you want to place in the quickpage
    >Drag the photo on the new file
    >It will be placed on top of the quickpage
    >Drag the layer of the quickpage above the photo
    >Select the photo and adjust it to fit behind the hole in the quickpage (drag, turn, make smaller)
    >Do the same with multiple photos
    >If you have multiple photos and you see parts of a photo on top of another: select the eraser tool and erase the parts you don't want to see
    >Add text or other things on top of the quickpage (alpha's for example)
    >Save as psd file if you possibly want to change something to the QP later (it's best to save a lot of times from start when working on your file)
    >Save as jpg file for printing
    >
    >If I didn't understand your question, please ask, there are a lot of people who know how to use these QP's!
    >
    >Meta Meulenbelt
    >

Chris
13/11/2008 1:45:47

Meta Meulenbelt Cancer

Hi Chris,

I'm using CS2 too. No, there isn't an easier way. But it would be best to create a new file first, and then drag the QP and your photos on it. In that way it's impossible to accidentely save your QP with the photo and overwrite the QP.
    Yes, you upload the jpg's to artscow and drag them into the photobook. And they turn out really great, yes!

Meta
13/11/2008 6:18:18

Chris
RE:RE:HOW TO? Request for help on 12x12 pages (quickpages being used) Reply

Meta,

I was also creating an 8x8 photobook using my 12x12 pages. I thought I might need to edit them but they LOOK fine. Is there something I need to do that I might be missing?

Thanks for your help :-)

>Hi Chris,
    >
    >I'm using CS2 too. No, there isn't an easier way. But it would be best to create a new file first, and then drag the QP and your photos on it. In that way it's impossible to accidentely save your QP with the photo and overwrite the QP.
    >Yes, you upload the jpg's to artscow and drag them into the photobook. And they turn out really great, yes!
    >
    >Meta

Chris
14/11/2008 8:28:04
Page 1 of 1, Total 6 1