Your are the 8366th Viewer
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 2 of 2, Total 30 1 2
AuthorPosts

Jan
TotalPost:63
RE:Why a 20 page photobook Reply

I don't mind paying the extra for the pages, but I thought that the $2 charge for logo removal was to deter people from removing it - lol.
    I actually like having it there so I can refer people to Artscow when they ask - as they do.
    I also like having my books finish on an odd-numbered page, instead of having an orphaned page at the back. :)
    My only gripe is that they NEVER get my covers lined up properly!!!
27/11/2009 3:51:37

Celeste
TotalPost:1

>Why is a 20 page photobook offered when it doesn't really exist????
    >
    >I design wedding albums for photographers all the time. I had a couple family projects I wanted to design here so I made the 20 page album advertised but to my dismay I had to add pages after the fact.....I didn't have enough images so I redid numerous pages to make this work.
    >
    >I DO NOT want a 20 page album with a whole bunch of blank pages.
    >
    >Why do this?????

I love the extra pages. So far the only books I've made are "year" books of my daughter for her grandparents. I used the extra blank pages in the back for her hand and foot prints each year. It's worked great so far! (But I do get what you're saying too.)
5/2/2010 4:39:29

Harris Stevens
TotalPost:16
RE:RE:Why a 20 page photobook Reply

Why not let people order exactly what they need and price accordingly? I think people would much rather pay a bit more up front to cover your costs, than to have to add, subtract, and divide pages, logos etc. If I want a book that turns out to be 50 pages,do I order the 60 page book and delete the extra pages (if possible) or add to the 39 page book? It all comes out the same money-wise, but it is easier to add pages than subtract blank ones.

>Dear all,
    >
    >The reason why we can offer such low pricing for a long time, it is because we are using "stitch bound" and "machine binding production line" on our 8x8 photo books. The quality of photo books with machine binding and stitch bound is much better than glue bound and hand binding.
    >
    >Stitch Bound Advantage:
    >All our photo books are stitch bound (not glue bound), allowing you to flip pages and spread the book out flat without having the binding crack. (Glue bound books often come apart especially in hot climates where the glue melts.) That is why we can't offer pages more than 40pages, because of limitation of stitch bound.
    >
    >Hardbound by machine:
    >We have pre-made several different hardcover molds to fit different pages. That is why we can't offer 4 pages to be added each time. (Since these molds are very very expensive.) So, if those photo book makers are allowing you to add 2 pages each time, they are definitely using the cheap "glue bound" to make your photo books. Keep in mind, the cost of "glue bound" is much lower than "stitch bound".
    >
    >You can choose to leave page 21,22,23 to be blank, or you can add $1.50 to make a perfect photo book. $0.50 per page is very low pricing, you can see others are charging $1.00 per page (8"x8").
    >
    >Some members may ask why we don't offer 23pages directly instead of 20pages? The answer is simple and easy to understand. Because this $1.50 can help us survive better. For each photo books with promotion, all of them are losing money if you just choose 20page version, no adding pages, no removing logos. You can see our cost structure here.
    >
    >Thanks to those members who have removed logo, added pages to 23, 31 and 39pages. You help us survive better.
16/2/2010 1:08:16

yannakm
TotalPost:8

>Dear all,
    >
    >The reason why we can offer such low pricing for a long time, it is because we are using "stitch bound" and "machine binding production line" on our 8x8 photo books. The quality of photo books with machine binding and stitch bound is much better than glue bound and hand binding.
    >
    >Stitch Bound Advantage:
    >All our photo books are stitch bound (not glue bound), allowing you to flip pages and spread the book out flat without having the binding crack. (Glue bound books often come apart especially in hot climates where the glue melts.) That is why we can't offer pages more than 40pages, because of limitation of stitch bound.
    >
    >Hardbound by machine:
    >We have pre-made several different hardcover molds to fit different pages. That is why we can't offer 4 pages to be added each time. (Since these molds are very very expensive.) So, if those photo book makers are allowing you to add 2 pages each time, they are definitely using the cheap "glue bound" to make your photo books. Keep in mind, the cost of "glue bound" is much lower than "stitch bound".
    >
    >You can choose to leave page 21,22,23 to be blank, or you can add $1.50 to make a perfect photo book. $0.50 per page is very low pricing, you can see others are charging $1.00 per page (8"x8").
    >
    >Some members may ask why we don't offer 23pages directly instead of 20pages? The answer is simple and easy to understand. Because this $1.50 can help us survive better. For each photo books with promotion, all of them are losing money if you just choose 20page version, no adding pages, no removing logos. You can see our cost structure here.
    >
    >Thanks to those members who have removed logo, added pages to 23, 31 and 39pages. You help us survive better.

Not a very good practice if you ask me.

If you are confident in you product quality, you shouldn't mind loosing some money on one promotion. The only thing is that you should limit use of the promotion to let's say 1 photobook per address and make it impossible for the person to remove your logo.

That way, the person will know what to expect when paying full price and you can make sure that if your product is of good quality, the person will order for sure. Price is important, but if the quality is not there, the person will not reorder.

15/8/2011 3:46:52

Linda
TotalPost:4
RE:RE:RE:RE:Why a 20 page photobook Reply

>I agree. With these prices, I don't mind paying the extra money.
    >
    >>Artscow has absolutely wonderful deals, and FAR SUPERIOR software to make our items. It was clear to me that the few OPTIONAL extras were to help them KEEP COSTS LOW for all of us. So I too, want to thanks everyone who pays for the three extra pages. If I just want an extra copy cheaper, I put a sticker over the logo. I thinks these guys are GREAT, and am truly amazed that anyone would grumble.
    >>most sincerely- c
    >
9/12/2011 22:24:46

Linda

>
    >I design wedding albums for photographers all the time. I had a couple family projects I wanted to design here so I made the 20 page album advertised but to my dismay I had to add pages after the fact.....I didn't have enough images so I redid numerous pages to make this work.
    >
    >
    >Why do this?????
    I also had to pay for the last few pages...but it came out ok...however shipping has been over 3 weeks at this point. Not happy about that.
9/12/2011 22:25:52

Linda

>Dear all,
    >
    >
    >Stitch Bound Advantage:
    >
    >Hardbound by machine:
    >
    >
    >
9/12/2011 22:26:33

dwaynnyt
TotalPost:54

This is understandable. Stich bound is a very important ingredient here. I love the products! :)

>
    >
    >
    >Why do this?????

-----------------------------------------------
    Designing Woman was written for the screen.
17/8/2012 22:40:54

Su
TotalPost:48
RE:RE:RE:Why a 20 page photobook Reply

>I would say that I like the blank pages...they are useful...
    >
    >Holiday Trips - u can paste the tickets, itenairy, etc
    >Birthday - can paste birthday cards, invitations, etc
    >Marriage - invitations, receipts, can even ask family / friend to sign on photo book
    >Birth - hospital bills, baby hand / foot prints, etc

Alan Poh, Wow that's a great idea!! Thanks so much!
24/9/2015 11:48:09

nigger
TotalPost:11

Because the people who run this site are corporate shills and you're a retard for using it,
15/5/2018 3:12:26
Page 2 of 2, Total 30 1 2