Your are the 382th Viewer
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 1 of 1, Total 5 1
AuthorPosts

Christy
TotalPost:2
Need help on my cover Reply

I've uploaded most of my book and all the pages look good. I just loaded the cover and it looks really blurry, both in the software and in the preview. Nothing else does. Also, the spine is only showing a small part of what I designed.

I layed it out in Photoshop using the dimensions artcow suggests at 300ppi.

Has this happened to anyone else? And if so, has it still printed ok? I'm afraid to send it without knowing it'll print ok.

And how do I fix the spine? I layed it out in Photoshop also and used the suggested dimensions of 1.44x9.72

Help!

Thank you,
    Christy
17/1/2009 5:30:50

RM
TotalPost:680
RE:Need help on my cover Reply

Is it because of the bleed area? Because a lot of stuff gets wrapped and/or cut off on the front and back covers and the spine. So if you used the actual dimensions of the spine but didn't factor in the bleed area, then when you drag it in there, the outer edges get cut.
17/1/2009 6:55:08

Berry
TotalPost:1021
RE:Need help on my cover Reply

hi Christy,

Please keep in mind, the pink area is the only area that will show when your book is on the shelf.

For images or text outside pink highlighted area will be printed on front/back cover.

-----------------------------------------------
    Berry
    ArtsCow.com
17/1/2009 9:41:44

Christy
TotalPost:2
RE:RE:Need help on my cover Reply

It looked blurry in the layout area and in the preview.

Ok, I understand the spine thing now. I didn't realize that!

What about the bluriness?
17/1/2009 13:05:52

Alan Poh Aquarius
TotalPost:313
RE:RE:RE:Need help on my cover Reply

blurry is ok in layout...cos the display is in lower resolution.
    In preview, if u let it run a while, it shld be clearer. Again, I suspect the display also low resolution compared to the printing and our photos.

17/1/2009 18:23:22
Page 1 of 1, Total 5 1