Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 1 of 1, Total 9 1
AuthorPosts

Venus
TotalPost:14
Just a reminder about foreign transaction fee of credit cards Reply

Hi Berry,
    Remember I asked about getting more options for payment? I just found out that my credit card company, Citi Bank, has added a new term. For all foreign transactions (no matter what kind of currency), a foreign transaction fee will be charged. So last time I paid USD11.99 for my photo book, the bank charged me USD0.35 .
    I am not complaining about the fee (I have no right to complain). Just wonder you may want to let your customer know, other than surprising them.
30/1/2009 0:02:13

RM
TotalPost:680
RE:Just a reminder about foreign transaction fee of credit cards Reply

I'm lucky that my credit card company does not charge the fee whether I go through Paypal (I still use my cc when going through them) or just the credit card option
30/1/2009 2:19:19

Berry
TotalPost:1021

Three options for you:

1. Use other credit card like RM used.
    2. Use paypal as your payment option. Definitely not transaction fees.
    3. Use another website, lol.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Berry
    ArtsCow.com
30/1/2009 10:47:44

Carol
TotalPost:136

No disrespect but I don't believe it's Berrys problem. Artscow doesn't charge this fee, the credit card company does. It's up to the buyer to be aware of their credit card companies policies as each one is obviously different. To avoid this it is suggested that one use Paypal. You don't have to have an account to send your payment via paypal.

>Hi Berry,
    >Remember I asked about getting more options for payment? I just found out that my credit card company, Citi Bank, has added a new term. For all foreign transactions (no matter what kind of currency), a foreign transaction fee will be charged. So last time I paid USD11.99 for my photo book, the bank charged me USD0.35 .
    >I am not complaining about the fee (I have no right to complain). Just wonder you may want to let your customer know, other than surprising them.
    >
10/2/2009 6:57:04

Mandy
TotalPost:80
RE:RE:Just a reminder about foreign transaction fee of credit cards Reply

I used paypal, and still had to pay the fee. On my statement it had my paypal transaction in addition to the international services fee.

>No disrespect but I don't believe it's Berrys problem. Artscow doesn't charge this fee, the credit card company does. It's up to the buyer to be aware of their credit card companies policies as each one is obviously different. To avoid this it is suggested that one use Paypal. You don't have to have an account to send your payment via paypal.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >>Hi Berry,
    >>Remember I asked about getting more options for payment? I just found out that my credit card company, Citi Bank, has added a new term. For all foreign transactions (no matter what kind of currency), a foreign transaction fee will be charged. So last time I paid USD11.99 for my photo book, the bank charged me USD0.35 .
    >>I am not complaining about the fee (I have no right to complain). Just wonder you may want to let your customer know, other than surprising them.
    >>
    >
10/2/2009 8:41:45

Carol
TotalPost:136
RE:RE:RE:Just a reminder about foreign transaction fee of credit cards Reply

One way to avoid paying a fee is to send existing funds through paypal.

>I used paypal, and still had to pay the fee. On my statement it had my paypal transaction in addition to the international services fee.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >>No disrespect but I don't believe it's Berrys problem. Artscow doesn't charge this fee, the credit card company does. It's up to the buyer to be aware of their credit card companies policies as each one is obviously different. To avoid this it is suggested that one use Paypal. You don't have to have an account to send your payment via paypal.
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>>Hi Berry,
    >>>Remember I asked about getting more options for payment? I just found out that my credit card company, Citi Bank, has added a new term. For all foreign transactions (no matter what kind of currency), a foreign transaction fee will be charged. So last time I paid USD11.99 for my photo book, the bank charged me USD0.35 .
    >>>I am not complaining about the fee (I have no right to complain). Just wonder you may want to let your customer know, other than surprising them.
    >>>
    >>
    >
13/2/2009 8:03:58

efresse
TotalPost:40
RE:RE:RE:RE:Just a reminder about foreign transaction fee of credit cards Reply

Carol, what do you mean when you say "send existing funds through paypal"? I use paypal and want to be sure and not get charged the fee, but I'm not sure what you meant here. Thanks!
13/2/2009 10:15:41

RM
TotalPost:680
RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:Just a reminder about foreign transaction fee of credit cards Reply

I think she means sending the money from your bank account instead of credit/debit card right? I could be wrong though
13/2/2009 11:18:00

Alan Poh Aquarius
TotalPost:313
RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:Just a reminder about foreign transaction fee of credit cards Reply

So far, I had not been charged any international fees, is it only the US credits cards? (I am not from US)
14/2/2009 15:21:33
Page 1 of 1, Total 9 1