Your are the 1307th Viewer
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 1 of 1, Total 15 1
AuthorPosts

Kathryn
TotalPost:1
Shipping reduction on several books in one package Reply

I notice there is no shipping reduction when I order several books in one package and I do not understand why. The shipping fees are what prevents people from buying extra books for their friends as gifts. The postage on one book to me is always $5, even though I pay $8. That's a $3 profit on one book. If I order 2 or 3 I am guessing the postage would be no more than $7, but I would still need to pay $16-$24 for shipping fees. This does not make sense to me. Why can I not pay a resonable approximation of what it actually costs to mail me the books instead of a fee that can get up to 10X actual costs? I wrote a family history where I originally planned to send copies to 25 family members but I cancelled my plans when I realized shipping costs were going to be hundreds of dollars! I appreciate your web site and feel that generally your prices are the best but in this one small area, things are not right and make no sense in relation to actual mailing costs. I appreciate you considering this problem.
3/11/2009 3:08:23 AM

Teri Frederisy
TotalPost:75
RE:Shipping reduction on several books in one package Reply

I agree with you 100%. There needs to be a bit of a discount on multiple books.
3/11/2009 3:40:50 AM

Teri Frederisy

Teri Frederisy

RM
TotalPost:680
RE:RE:Shipping reduction on several books in one package Reply

It's because they give out so many free book credits. If they didn't build a little bit of money into the shipping costs, they would be losing money not only on the shipping but also on the book itself.
3/11/2009 3:55:36 AM

Jay Page Taurus
TotalPost:52

if you need some free book credits, i have some you could have, just let me know. With the books free the shipping is worth it.
3/11/2009 7:04:56 AM

kelli a bard Sagittarius
TotalPost:200

and shipping cost more then just the 'cost' to ship. You have people that have to handle the items and package them. I've yet to see a company pack photo books so well! I love their packaging. I just wish I could find other uses for it!
    And the cost of the packaging is built into that price too.
3/11/2009 8:24:35 AM

Berry
TotalPost:1021

You can do calculation yourself.

If you got 10 free credits of 8x8 photo books, total shipping fees PLUS $0.00 prices, $79.90 only.

If you order from Shxxxxxxy, for 10 8x8 photo books, it will be over $300.00

That is all what I want to say.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Berry
    ArtsCow.com
3/12/2009 2:42:50 PM

Michal
TotalPost:54

I agree with you on that.

Berry sorry i had to laugh at "Shxxxxxxy" i guess you don't really like them

>and shipping cost more then just the 'cost' to ship. You have people that have to handle the items and package them. I've yet to see a company pack photo books so well! I love their packaging. I just wish I could find other uses for it!
    >And the cost of the packaging is built into that price too.
3/13/2009 10:21:34 AM

Berry
TotalPost:1021
RE:RE:RE:Shipping reduction on several books in one package Reply

I should say "Thanks" to them. Their financial reports attract me to join this photo gifts/photobook market to compete with them. Without those detailed financial details, there will be no ArtsCow at all.
    Berry
    ArtsCow.com
3/13/2009 5:32:05 PM

chris
TotalPost:17
RE:RE:RE:RE:Shipping reduction on several books in one package Reply

YOU GO, BERRY!
3/25/2009 6:40:06 AM

Stephane
TotalPost:1

>I notice there is no shipping reduction when I order several books in one package and I do not understand why. The shipping fees are what prevents people from buying extra books for their friends as gifts. The postage on one book to me is always $5, even though I pay $8. That's a $3 profit on one book. If I order 2 or 3 I am guessing the postage would be no more than $7, but I would still need to pay $16-$24 for shipping fees. This does not make sense to me. Why can I not pay a resonable approximation of what it actually costs to mail me the books instead of a fee that can get up to 10X actual costs? I wrote a family history where I originally planned to send copies to 25 family members but I cancelled my plans when I realized shipping costs were going to be hundreds of dollars! I appreciate your web site and feel that generally your prices are the best but in this one small area, things are not right and make no sense in relation to actual mailing costs. I appreciate you considering this problem.

If you need some photobooks for $11.99 free shipping, just pm me ...
3/28/2009 1:05:47 PM

jeremy
TotalPost:3

I wanted to order 35 copies of my latest photobook (23 pages), which was about $390, but the shipping almost doubles the cost (about $315?) making each book over $20. Do you have any advice for me on shipping or finding photobook credits? Thanks,
    - jeremy
4/18/2009 4:12:13 PM

ScrapMojo
Title:Addicted
TotalPost:935

Hi jeremy
    you could either use the $11.99 photobook codes some people have... pm me if you want some...

or try::
    DISC40OFF - Enjoy 40% OFF All Photo Gifts at ArtsCow.com. (not sure if its still working...)
    PBS699 - 6.99 photobooks with free shipping
    35% off All Personalized Photo Gifts (excluding prints) at ArtsCow.com. Checkout Code : DISC35OFF Expires on: 04/20/2009

hope one of them work out cheaper for you
    Scrap Addicts Blog
4/18/2009 4:54:53 PM

Myrtierce
TotalPost:2
RE:RE:RE:Shipping reduction on several books in one package Reply

Good post i like it.
4/20/2021 10:49:43 AM
Page 1 of 1, Total 15 1