Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 1 of 1, Total 11 1
AuthorPosts

Berry
TotalPost:1021
Another popular book size: 5" x 7" photo books Reply

Dear all,

Another popular photo book size: 5x7 photo books are going to be available, too. 100% the same as 8x8 custom hardcover photo books. Hope you guys like them.

How much should we charge it?

Free?
    $6.99/each?
    Any suggestion?

-----------------------------------------------
    Berry
    ArtsCow.com
25/4/2009 15:50:26

Bryna
TotalPost:89
RE:Another popular book size: 5" x 7" photo books Reply

Well, It would have to be less than an 8x8, I wouldn't buy it if it was the same cause then I might as well buy an 8x8.
26/4/2009 5:05:43

myphotos
TotalPost:505

Cool. That is an interesting size. I haven't seen any that size.

Maybe at first they could be discounted or have free coupon codes, so people can try them out? Then, $4.99-$6.99 sounds pretty good. I think it would help to have either a lower price or lower shipping for it, or people might just get the larger books saying "it's only a few dollars more for a larger book." It is great that you keep adding new sizes, styles, and designs. :)

>Dear all,
    >
    >Another popular photo book size: 5x7 photo books are going to be available, too. 100% the same as 8x8 custom hardcover photo books. Hope you guys like them.
    >
    >How much should we charge it?
    >
    >Free?
    >$6.99/each?
    >Any suggestion?
    >
    >
26/4/2009 10:05:31

Berry
TotalPost:1021
RE:RE:Another popular book size: 5" x 7" photo books Reply

hi myphotos,

Yes. This 5x7 photo books will be offered for our buyers to "trial before volume orders", with much lower basic pricing.

Berry
    ArtsCow.com
26/4/2009 11:46:44

Starr Taurus
TotalPost:166

I would buy some, most likely if the shipping was $4-5 (because if it's more I may as well get the 8x8 size). I think they would be good for gifts for the grandparents.

I did buy a 5x7 book once from Walgreens.com, but it had a flimsy cover which I didn't like, but the size was fun.
28/4/2009 22:33:50

kelli a bard Sagittarius
TotalPost:200
RE:RE:Another popular book size: 5" x 7" photo books Reply

Any of the 5x7's I have bought, have all had SOFT side covers. So to have one that is stiched and hard cover... Oh yeah, I'd be all over that... I'd say as a trial, it shouldnt be more then 4.99 shipped to try (based on the 7.99 for 8x8 book)... I'm not even sure on the price of the 8x8.. Okay regular price is 19.99 for the 8x8, so I'd say normal price 9.99 and sale price 5.99... but as a freebie, shipped for 4.99 ?

Just my thoughts on what the prices are here for books... I do like the 5x7, because like someone said they are great gift for grandparents, aunts and uncles... bridal parties.... etc...

Kelli
    ~ Kelli
28/4/2009 22:47:41

mim
TotalPost:201

Great Berry - I'd love to try this size!

I think $6.99 is a reasonable base price given that the usual price for an 8x8 book is $9.99. I would like postage to be cheaper than an 8x8 book though as I think they'd be quite a bit easier to post.

Then, of course any that you offer for free or at big discounts so we can try them will be much appreciated!
9/5/2009 15:24:44

allie
TotalPost:24

is the 5x7 books available yet??
    i saw the shipping price for it but didn't see where i can order them!
12/5/2009 9:29:57

Claudette Howard
TotalPost:98

>Dear all,
    >
    >Another popular photo book size: 5x7 photo books are going to be available, too. 100% the same as 8x8 custom hardcover photo books. Hope you guys like them.
    >
    >How much should we charge it?
    >
    >Free?
    >$6.99/each?
    >Any suggestion?
    >
    >I am certainly interested in the 5x7 books also.
13/5/2009 9:51:43

myphotos
TotalPost:505

I received my 5 x 7 books and like them.

The cover is a pearl-like color, slightly opalescent, with the die-cut window. I placed only one photo on each page, with no theme. I'll be giving them as gifts to family. One was received with a slight scratch on the cover, but it still looks ok. Definitely a good promo for a few books shipped each. The binding looks pretty nice and reasonably sturdy. The book doesn't really stay open flat (maybe it will eventually), and some photos are near the binding since I put only one per page with no border. Overall, good purchase for the price, despite the wait.

I ordered them mid/late July, and received them the first week of Sept. Long wait, but for $1.99 promo for a book and shipping, I'll wait. (Like anyone, I would like to get them faster, but since it was a promo, a long wait is probably to be expected).

My favorite books are still 8 x 8, but the 5 x 7s are nice to commemorate special events or holidays to give to relatives or friends.

19/9/2009 8:14:21

Kirsten
TotalPost:3

Well I just received my order of 5" x 7" books that I ordered Aug 28th (today's date Oct 5). So it took almost 5 1/2 weeks to receive them (I can live with that). The quality though is another story. It's crap! I used good quality pictures and the color is terrible (it almost looks like someone played with the contrast or colors, because my photos don't look like the photos in the books) and the clarity is off on some of the pics. I would return them but it wouldn't be worth it (the cost of shipping would cancel out my refund).

I used the "silverlight" program to set up my books. I'm not sure if that reduces the size of the pics or what? But it certainly looks better on the computer than it does on the actual printed book.

If you don't care about the quality of the prints then I say go for it. Otherwise not worth it, even if they are cheap. *you get what you pay for!*
6/10/2009 5:48:05
Page 1 of 1, Total 11 1