New Topic | Reply to Topic | New Vote
Your are the 712th Viewer
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 1 of 1, Total 9 1
AuthorPosts

myphotos
TotalPost:505
Books full of text? (Like a Word document autobiography of text, with some photos) Reply

Would it be possible to have a standard 8 x 8 hardcover photobook.. of TEXT? (Other sizes like 8 x 10 would be fine, too)

Where we could import a Word document or PDF of text and photos and order it?

I have a family autobiography of many pages of text, and some photos that I would like to print.

Cutting and pasting many pages of text isn't going to work. That'd take forever.
17/5/2009 9:49:37

Bryna
TotalPost:89
RE:Books full of text? (Like a Word document autobiography of text, with some photos) Reply

I actually wanted to do the same thing. The only option I had thought of was typing it into word, exporting it to a pdf ad then exporting it to a jpg or png file.
    I do hope in the future they will consider having an option to upload pdf files, but untill then...
17/5/2009 12:28:30

Berry
TotalPost:1021
RE:Books full of text? (Like a Word document autobiography of text, with some photos) Reply

Our book designer can support "copy" and "paste", it should be no problem for text.

-----------------------------------------------
    Berry
    ArtsCow.com
17/5/2009 23:09:51

George Morrison
Title:PiperGeorge
TotalPost:19

I also thought this might be an idea (book of text and pics)but didn't think to try it before. But if we can cut and paste maybe it wouldn't be that hard after all. My idea would be to open Word and make a page 8 x 8 and then type away. Then it would be a case of open your web browser to the book design page and keep Word open. Then just copy the first page from word, go to your browser windpow and paste to the first page and keep going back and fort. Might not be that hard......I'll maybe give it a try sometime
18/5/2009 6:25:04

Bryna
TotalPost:89
RE:RE:Books full of text? (Like a Word document autobiography of text, with some photos) Reply

I tried doing the copy paste thing, but Ilost all my formating, and any tables I may have added. In short it wasa mess. I know that MyPublisher offers to uplaod pdf's, maybe its possible here too.
    I know a lot of people who would wat to do it. I myself have over 100 relatives who would order a book as soon has I got it ready.
18/5/2009 20:41:25

George Morrison
Title:PiperGeorge
TotalPost:19
RE:RE:RE:Books full of text? (Like a Word document autobiography of text, with some photos) Reply

I tried last night too and didn't have much luck either. I made an 8 x 8 page in Word, but when I went to copy/paste it to the book page the text didn't fit. And like you say all the formatting is gone.

Oh well it was worth a try.
18/5/2009 21:18:35

Berry
TotalPost:216
RE:RE:RE:RE:Books full of text? (Like a Word document autobiography of text, with some photos) Reply

Even you copy and paste into Photoshop by Adobe, the format will disappear too.

The copy and paste function is working. Just texts.

-----------------------------------------------
    Berry
    ArtsCow.com
18/5/2009 21:48:33

myphotos
TotalPost:505

Would we have to copy and paste page by page?

I was hoping to copy/paste about 50 or more pages at once.

The copy/paste ability is good to have, though. :)
1/6/2009 7:19:21

Alana
TotalPost:2347
RE:RE:Books full of text? (Like a Word document autobiography of text, with some photos) Reply

I haven't sent anything to print like this yet, but my best solution so far has been to print to a .pdf, open it in my graphics program (Photoshop for me) and save as a .jpg. The trick, as always, is to maintain a high resolution - 300 pixels per inch. It would be nice if we could one day upload .pdf's to Artscow.
14/6/2009 3:07:04
Page 1 of 1, Total 9 1