New Topic | Reply to Topic | New Vote
Your are the 2546th Viewer
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 1 of 1, Total 9 1
AuthorPosts

CaroleMac
TotalPost:14
12x12 are the only way to go - just rec'd mine & have tears in eyes. (cover photo) Reply

i have created & purchased btwn 6-8 8x8books over the last yr but did my first 12x12 last month and just rec'd it!! as mentioned, in the subject line, i have tears in my eyes as in type - tears of joy - it is more beautiful then i couldve imagined and a much more dramatic impact then i expected.
    now don't get me wrong, the 8x8s are great for birthdays, simply celebrations or holidays however for a book on the year in review or in this case, a recap of my 'best' photos from a recent africa safari (i also converted them to black n whites), i HIGHLY RECOMMEND doing them in a 12x12 book. at this size, the photos come alive and i am shocked by the difference this size makes.

thank you ArtsCow for the production of this lil masterpiece that i am honored to show others.
    CaroleMac
    (this is the cover below - )

22/5/2009 7:27:34

Catvinnat
TotalPost:627
RE:12x12 are the only way to go - just rec'd mine & have tears in eyes. (cover photo) Reply

I simply love 12 x 12 - nothing else compares for bringing your high quality photos to life
    if the inside is anything like the cover it will be great
7/7/2009 19:28:36

Michele Schneider
TotalPost:15
RE:12x12 are the only way to go - just rec'd mine & have tears in eyes. (cover photo) Reply

what a terrific cover..really great work.

11/7/2009 3:53:07

Ali
TotalPost:4

off course the difference has to be huge. 12x12 gives you 144 sq inches per page which is more than double the 64 sq inches you get on an 8x8 page.
    >i have created & purchased btwn 6-8 8x8books over the last yr but did my first 12x12 last month and just rec'd it!! as mentioned, in the subject line, i have tears in my eyes as in type - tears of joy - it is more beautiful then i couldve imagined and a much more dramatic impact then i expected.
    >now don't get me wrong, the 8x8s are great for birthdays, simply celebrations or holidays however for a book on the year in review or in this case, a recap of my 'best' photos from a recent africa safari (i also converted them to black n whites), i HIGHLY RECOMMEND doing them in a 12x12 book. at this size, the photos come alive and i am shocked by the difference this size makes.
    >
    >thank you ArtsCow for the production of this lil masterpiece that i am honored to show others.
    >CaroleMac
    >(this is the cover below - )

4/8/2009 5:57:54

Coreen Montagna
TotalPost:1

I have a question for you. Did you run into any trouble with how the borders, about 1/4 inch, are shaded out in the designer tool and don't appear in the preview? I'm wondering if I should shrink down my 12x12 pages to 11.5x11.5 so the edges don't get cut off as they appear to get in the preview.
9/12/2009 4:28:22

Alana
TotalPost:2347
RE:RE:12x12 are the only way to go - just rec'd mine & have tears in eyes. (cover photo) Reply

>I have a question for you. Did you run into any trouble with how the borders, about 1/4 inch, are shaded out in the designer tool and don't appear in the preview? I'm wondering if I should shrink down my 12x12 pages to 11.5x11.5 so the edges don't get cut off as they appear to get in the preview.

That grey area is the bleed area. You need to make sure your design fills that area or you will have a white border around your page. To avoid your design being cut-off, be sure that you allow 1/2 between the edge of the page and anything you do not want to get cut off. i.e. any text.
9/12/2009 8:06:19

Anne Frey
TotalPost:88

I want to say thank you for posting this. I am getting ready to make 'year in review' photobooks and I got a little sticker shocked with the 12 x 12 prices. However, when I looked at it from a 'keepsake' point of view or from the point of view that it would far less timewise/costwise to create photobooks rather than doing conventional scrapbooking, to me it seemed worth it.
    After reading your post, I am confident I want to spend the money on the 12 x 12 books
    The cover is amazing, by the way.
8/1/2010 3:04:42

NT
TotalPost:191
RE:RE:12x12 are the only way to go - just rec'd mine & have tears in eyes. (cover photo) Reply

There is no excuse for me not to take advantage of 60 pages 12x12 photobook for the price of $44 after reading all positive comments
15/2/2010 21:58:59

Alana
TotalPost:2347
RE:RE:RE:12x12 are the only way to go - just rec'd mine & have tears in eyes. (cover photo) Reply

>There is no excuse for me not to take advantage of 60 pages 12x12 photobook for the price of $44 after reading all positive comments

Go for it!!!
15/2/2010 22:01:32
Page 1 of 1, Total 9 1