Your are the 355th Viewer
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 1 of 1, Total 7 1
AuthorPosts

BN
TotalPost:170
Artscow Security Bug (Sharing needs pass protection + more user options!) Reply

Berry, is it possible for you to add password protection to shared designs? I referred several people to artscow and some of them wanted to buy a couple of my designs. I noticed that if I share a design, the link is public and can be accessed by ANYONE. If I delete that design, the link is still active and people are still able to add that item to their cart even if I wish to no longer make that particular item available.

Is it possible for Artscow to add more user control to shared items? Such as password protection and being able to disable/permanently remove/limit a shared design?
27/7/2009 0:24:44

Berry
TotalPost:1021
RE:Artscow Security Bug (Sharing needs pass protection + more user options!) Reply

hi BN,

When you click "Share your book" link, you wil have the option to be public in Photo Book Gallery or not.

Enable the "Add to Cart", and check off the "Book Gallery", no one will know your "Share link", unless you share it with your friends. It can't be searchable in the Book Gallery.

And I have passed your case to our programmers, see any improvements can be done. Thanks for your suggestion.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Berry
    ArtsCow.com
29/7/2009 11:11:26

BN
RE:Artscow Security Bug (Sharing needs pass protection + more user options!) Reply

thanks for the reply Berry. Whenever possible, I keep the "add to public gallery" unchecked, but even for non-book photo products it would be nice to add an extra layer of (optional) password security to shared designs to prevent unauthorized access. Even being able to disable a shared product would be a great addition to the share feature, because unfortunately as I mentioned, removing a design still allows the shared product to be viewed.
29/7/2009 12:03:17

myphotos
TotalPost:505

The shared links don't appear in search engines, do they? It's not that likely that someone would just stumble on them.

I would like for there to be a permanent delete ability of them.
29/7/2009 12:30:23

BN

I'm guessing no, but on shared computers (whether at school, work, libraries, cafes) it would be a very useful security feature
29/7/2009 12:55:30

Berry
TotalPost:1021
RE:RE:Artscow Security Bug (Sharing needs pass protection + more user options!) Reply

I will highly recommend our programmers to add "password" for better protection and privacy.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Berry
    ArtsCow.com
29/7/2009 17:51:45

BN

Awesome thanks Berry! Btw, can you please check your PM? I have a question I need help with. Thankyou
30/7/2009 14:55:28
Page 1 of 1, Total 7 1