New Topic | Reply to Topic | New Vote
Your are the 2553th Viewer
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 1 of 1, Total 11 1
AuthorPosts

Alana
TotalPost:2347
Multiple Issues With Uploading Images & Inability to Design in Silverlight Reply

Berry,

We have been experiencing multiple issues for much of the day which have made it impossible to upload photos as well as work in Silverlight.

The uploader gives errors or simply does not upload any photos, be it one at a time or via multi-file uploader.
    In Silverlight, all images simply disappear. There are no images in the photo albums, not images in the books currently being designed.
    Under My Saved Designs, no images appear on the products.
    Also in the Photo Book Gallery, images do not appear.

Many of us are feverishly working on photobooks trying to make various deadlines (I am sure the most popular deadline is for the 7x5 40 page photobooks for $4.99) and it appears that this deadline will be missed through no fault of our own.

We are asking for an extension due to the difficulties with Artscow's site.

We are also asking for fair time allowance included as we have no way of knowing just when the site will be up and fully operational again. I am sure that many of us will be compulsively checking, but for the sane ones of the bunch, it would be fair to give a little leeway for them to discover that the site is capable of handling the actions necessary to complete our books/projects.

Please also refer to these referenced posts with similar concerns.
    For everyone's convenience however, I am referring each of these posts back to the current thread I am writing in hopes that everyone's questions/concerns are met in one thread.

http://forum.artscow.com/AddPost.aspx?ForumId=1029&ThreadId=39274

http://forum.artscow.com/AddPost.aspx?ForumId=1134&ThreadId=39275

http://forum.artscow.com/AddPost.aspx?ForumId=1133&ThreadId=39280

http://forum.artscow.com/AddPost.aspx?ForumId=1133&ThreadId=39273

http://forum.artscow.com/AddPost.aspx?ForumId=1137&ThreadId=39281

Thanks for your time,
    Alana

Everybody else, please add what I forgot or did not adequately/correctly address.
31/7/2009 8:03:08

suzi
TotalPost:12
RE:Multiple Issues With Uploading Images & Inability to Design in Silverlight Reply

>Berry,
    >
    >We have been experiencing multiple issues for much of the day which have made it impossible to upload photos as well as work in Silverlight.
    >
    >The uploader gives errors or simply does not upload any photos, be it one at a time or via multi-file uploader.
    >In Silverlight, all images simply disappear. There are no images in the photo albums, not images in the books currently being designed.
    >Under My Saved Designs, no images appear on the products.
    >Also in the Photo Book Gallery, images do not appear.
    >
    >Many of us are feverishly working on photobooks trying to make various deadlines (I am sure the most popular deadline is for the 7x5 40 page photobooks for $4.99) and it appears that this deadline will be missed through no fault of our own.
    >
    >We are asking for an extension due to the difficulties with Artscow's site.
    >
    >We are also asking for fair time allowance included as we have no way of knowing just when the site will be up and fully operational again. I am sure that many of us will be compulsively checking, but for the sane ones of the bunch, it would be fair to give a little leeway for them to discover that the site is capable of handling the actions necessary to complete our books/projects.
    >
    >Please also refer to these referenced posts with similar concerns.
    >For everyone's convenience however, I am referring each of these posts back to the current thread I am writing in hopes that everyone's questions/concerns are met in one thread.
    >
    >Thanks for your time,
    >Alana
    >
    >Everybody else, please add what I forgot or did not adequately/correctly address.
    I'm having the exact same problems as Alana. I have also double checked to be sure I am using the most current version of SilverLight as indicated on the Artscow website. We are hoping this problem will be resolved and addressed very soon.
    Suzi
31/7/2009 8:16:39

myphotos
TotalPost:505
RE:Multiple Issues With Uploading Images & Inability to Design in Silverlight Reply

Silverlight is working fine for me.

Using Firefox 3.0 on PC, Silverlight 3. It's sometimes slow. If the photo gallery doesn't load (or load quickly), I click on "kits" or another window, then click back to the gallery. Some of the larger photo galleries get stuck occasionally.

Hope it works for you all soon.
31/7/2009 15:40:34

Alana
RE:RE:Multiple Issues With Uploading Images & Inability to Design in Silverlight Reply

It started working again for me late last night. I'd say it was in-operational from about 4:30 PM to midnight my time (EST), so 7 1/2 hours. I don't know how long it effected everybody else, and dependent on other people's lives, time zones and jobs, who was realistically able to work on their projects.
31/7/2009 20:18:32

Berry
TotalPost:1021

For technical problems, you can post here, our programmers are checking bugs report here everyday.

I will also pass your reports to our programmers, thanks again.

-----------------------------------------------
    Berry
    ArtsCow.com
31/7/2009 21:57:35

Kirsten
TotalPost:27
Adding to ----Multiple Issues With Uploading Images & Inability to Design in Silverlight Reply

>For technical problems, you can post here, our programmers are checking bugs report here everyday.
    >
    >I will also pass your reports to our programmers, thanks again.
    >

I am just adding that I am having pretty much the same problems. I am also trying to finish books before the deadline and would like extensions on my 8x8 books (I have 4 free left) plus an extension to the 7x5 2.99/4.99 coupon codes.

Here is the MAIN problem I am having: I can see my photos on the right side of the designer, but when I drag them to drop into a box, they do not show up. Sometimes they will later show up (ONLY IN THE PREVIEW--NOT THE DESIGNER). This makes it impossible to create a book because you cannot see what you are designing; plus I fear that the photos may not really be there.

The other problem/error I received a few times is that I do not have Silverlight installed. I do; I have the most current version. One second I can look at a book in the gallery with no problem, and the next, I get this error message.

I also have closed out/rebooted MULTIPLE times hoping this would fix itself, but it has not. This has been going on for the last week or so.

PLEASE FIX!!!! I have been very happy with Artscow up until now. I'd love to continue to use it, but it is not possible with the above problems!

Thank You!
1/8/2009 23:32:50

Kirsten
TotalPost:27
RE:Adding to ----Multiple Issues With Uploading Images & Inability to Design in Silverlight Reply

>>For technical problems, you can post here, our programmers are checking bugs report here everyday.
    >>
    >>I will also pass your reports to our programmers, thanks again.
    >>
    >
    >I am just adding that I am having pretty much the same problems. I am also trying to finish books before the deadline and would like extensions on my 8x8 books (I have 4 free left) plus an extension to the 7x5 2.99/4.99 coupon codes.
    >
    >Here is the MAIN problem I am having: I can see my photos on the right side of the designer, but when I drag them to drop into a box, they do not show up. Sometimes they will later show up (ONLY IN THE PREVIEW--NOT THE DESIGNER). This makes it impossible to create a book because you cannot see what you are designing; plus I fear that the photos may not really be there.
    >
    >The other problem/error I received a few times is that I do not have Silverlight installed. I do; I have the most current version. One second I can look at a book in the gallery with no problem, and the next, I get this error message.
    >
    >I also have closed out/rebooted MULTIPLE times hoping this would fix itself, but it has not. This has been going on for the last week or so.
    >
    >PLEASE FIX!!!! I have been very happy with Artscow up until now. I'd love to continue to use it, but it is not possible with the above problems!
    >
    >Thank You!

Now I also have the problem of NO photos showing up in my design (they still have green checks showing they are there) but they ARE NOT showing up.
1/8/2009 23:50:54

Alana
RE:RE:Adding to ----Multiple Issues With Uploading Images & Inability to Design in Silverlight Reply

Kristen,

I have been experiencing many of the same issues you have as well. And it is frustrating, and it is unfair, and it does cause us to miss deadlines. And many of us have set times our schedules allow us to work on our designs, so if Silverlight or Artscow happens to be having problems during those times, it pretty much kills a whole day's worth of time allotted towards designing.

It is not your computer, it is happening to many of us.
    On a positive note, Berry did post in another thread that the 7x5 book coupons are still operational. He gave no indication as to how long they will continue to be operational, but at least we have some leeway.

Per the original conditions of the 7x5 book coupons, the $2.99 coupon for 30 pages expires 8/8 and the $1.99 coupon for 20 pages w/ use of a kit expires 8/16
2/8/2009 0:53:25

Alana
RE:RE:Adding to ----Multiple Issues With Uploading Images & Inability to Design in Silverlight Reply

>Now I also have the problem of NO photos showing up in my design (they still have green checks showing they are there) but they ARE NOT showing up.
    >

Aack!
    Kristen,

I'm sorry, I misunderstood your message! You are saying you are having the same problem AGAIN TODAY!!!! I am not having the problem again, yet. However, I remember the other day when I experienced it, my friend was not having the issue. A little while later though, she did have the issue where no photos would show up anywhere.

I suggest you start another thread in this section of the forum and title it something like Problems w/ Silverlight or Images Disappearing AGAIN or STILL..Please Comment Here If You Have Trouble Too .. something to grab other forum member's attention so they don't start their own post, and something to grab the administrator's attention that there is a problem still.

Then I would describe the problem, when it started, and if you have any specific requests.

That's just a suggestion though.

I'll be sure to let you know if I have problems, AND if you start another thread, I will certainly back you up if I have probs too.
2/8/2009 1:10:02

Ben
Title:AsiaFinest.com
TotalPost:40
RE:RE:RE:Adding to ----Multiple Issues With Uploading Images & Inability to Design in Silverlight Reply

I do agree that the coupons should Definitely be push back. The two weeks or so expiration is WAY too little time for a site like this. For a shopping site it might be fine, but for a site where we have to take time to upload and design the books, it's REALLY pushing it.
    -----------------------------------------------
    AsiaFinest.com: Connecting the World to Asian Culture
3/8/2009 7:06:03

Alana
RE:RE:RE:RE:Adding to ----Multiple Issues With Uploading Images & Inability to Design in Silverlight Reply

>I do agree that the coupons should Definitely be push back. The two weeks or so expiration is WAY too little time for a site like this. For a shopping site it might be fine, but for a site where we have to take time to upload and design the books, it's REALLY pushing it.

To be fair, most of the coupons don't expire for 4-5 full weeks.

I received the e-mail for the 40 page 7x5 Photo book for $4.99 on June 25th and it was set to expire on July 31st.
    I received the coupon for the 20 page book w/ a kit for $1.99 on July 22nd and it will expire on August 16th.
    I never received the coupon for the 30 page book for $2.99, but my friends tell me it expires on August 8th. This is a much shorter time period than Artscow normally gives us.

If it will help anybody, I'd be happy to list the last 10 or so e-mail coupons I received w/ dates rec'd and exp. dates. However, I DO still stand by my believe that in cases of technical difficulties which are not a fault of the customers, it would be a wonderful gesture for Artscow to extend the expiration dates of credits and coupons by a fair amount of time.

With the 8x8 20 page photo book coupons, Artscow seems to be generous with them enough that I would advise anybody who has a book idea in mind to work on it when you have the idea. Then, when Artscow offers a coupon, or some generous souls are offering up credits they can't use on the forum, you already have your book done, or almost done.

The only thing I hope Artscow is quick to fix is the issue with being able to switch from a 30 page book to an 80 page book to a 20 page book or any change therein and have the checkout software recognize the current coupon/credit available.

Artscow has made great strides in the short time I have been a member, and one of the areas of improvement is in customer satisfaction. I think this forum has been a great place for us to voice our concerns and ideas, and I think Artscow is actually listening.

SO THANK YOU for backing me up!!!!
3/8/2009 7:23:53
Page 1 of 1, Total 11 1