New Topic | Reply to Topic | New Vote
Your are the 301th Viewer
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 1 of 1, Total 4 1
AuthorPosts

Elizabeth F
TotalPost:178
Everyone, I need help/opinions - what is the difference between Discount and Hot Deals forums??? Reply

I was just wondering if anyone else out there was kind of confused between what the point is of these two forums. It seems that people use them both for the same thing, some people even posting the same post once in each. This is very frustrating for those people who want to claim an item but it has already been taken and the person said "Thank you" on the other post (we won't get into those who DON'T say Thanks).

Here is the ArtsCow description for each:

Hot Deals
    Hot Deals and coupons for online retailers. No self promotion.

Discount Coupon Codes Exchange Corner
    You can exchange coupon code for different products here.

To me that sounds like the discount forum is where we should post things we are giving away for free or are wanting to trade from our Credits and Discounts. And it seems like the Hot Deals would be for those checkout codes that apply to anyone. Right now we have a thread going in the Discounts forum called "What are the latest promo codes you received that are still valid?" and it is now 7 pages long. I love it, but think it would be even better if we could just post these items in the Hot Deals forum and it would be easy for everyone to find, especially if you don't know about this other thread.

Anyone else have an opinion on this? Or do you think it means something else? I'll admit I'm a little crazy about keeping things organized, but if some of the rest of you feel the same way, perhaps we can help this become clearer to everyone.
5/8/2009 3:05:18

Dee Rob
TotalPost:28
RE:Everyone, I need help/opinions - what is the difference between Discount and Hot Deals forums??? Reply

>I was just wondering if anyone else out there was kind of confused between what the point is of these two forums. It seems that people use them both for the same thing, some people even posting the same post once in each. This is very frustrating for those people who want to claim an item but it has already been taken and the person said "Thank you" on the other post (we won't get into those who DON'T say Thanks).
    >
    >Here is the ArtsCow description for each:
    >
    > Hot Deals
    >Hot Deals and coupons for online retailers. No self promotion.
    >
    > Discount Coupon Codes Exchange Corner
    >You can exchange coupon code for different products here.
    >
    >To me that sounds like the discount forum is where we should post things we are giving away for free or are wanting to trade from our Credits and Discounts. And it seems like the Hot Deals would be for those checkout codes that apply to anyone. Right now we have a thread going in the Discounts forum called "What are the latest promo codes you received that are still valid?" and it is now 7 pages long. I love it, but think it would be even better if we could just post these items in the Hot Deals forum and it would be easy for everyone to find, especially if you don't know about this other thread.
    >
    >Anyone else have an opinion on this? Or do you think it means something else? I'll admit I'm a little crazy about keeping things organized, but if some of the rest of you feel the same way, perhaps we can help this become clearer to everyone.

I agree. I have tried a code that was just posted today, and it is already expired.
    Was going to try it first, before I said "thank you" as the others were also expired when
    I checked out. Hope you can get help in sorting it out.
    Dee

8/8/2009 13:05:03

Alana
TotalPost:2347
RE:RE:Everyone, I need help/opinions - what is the difference between Discount and Hot Deals forums? Reply

>I agree. I have tried a code that was just posted today, and it is already expired.
    >Was going to try it first, before I said "thank you" as the others were also expired when
    >I checked out. Hope you can get help in sorting it out.
    >Dee
    >
    Dee,

Send me a PM and I'll give you some codes for that item you were looking for.
    They don't expire right away either.
    I am so sick of those ungracious thieves.
    I thought of giving bonus credits to everybody who thanks others for codes they use.
    Would be kind of interesting experiment to try.
    Do you think people would be more inclined to say thanks if they thought they could get a bonus out of it?

Alana
8/8/2009 13:46:23

heather cowan Capricorn
TotalPost:52
RE:RE:RE:Everyone, I need help/opinions - what is the difference between Discount and Hot Deals foru Reply

>
    >>I agree. I have tried a code that was just posted today, and it is already expired.
    >>Was going to try it first, before I said "thank you" as the others were also expired when
    >>I checked out. Hope you can get help in sorting it out.
    >>Dee
    >>
    >Dee,
    >
    >Send me a PM and I'll give you some codes for that item you were looking for.
    >They don't expire right away either.
    >I am so sick of those ungracious thieves.
    >I thought of giving bonus credits to everybody who thanks others for codes they use.
    >Would be kind of interesting experiment to try.
    >Do you think people would be more inclined to say thanks if they thought they could get a bonus out of it?
    >
    >Alana
    >

I'm thinking we just might need to resolve to pm to swap codes...but then I'm not always on the forum, and I'd hate for people to miss a chance to use something expiring soon....not sure what the answer is-we obviously can't force folks to say thanks
9/8/2009 12:32:49
Page 1 of 1, Total 4 1