Your are the 6053th Viewer
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 1 of 5, Total 96 1 2 3 4 5
AuthorPosts

Brooke Adkins (My-Time Scraps)
TotalPost:198
Designer Chat Thread~~~~ Reply

Calling all designers here is a thread to chat with eachother.

I'am Brooke I love doing digi scrapbooking as a hobby my first Love is my children I have 3 boys ages 5-3-1 I love them so much!

13/8/2009 0:43:05

Albums to Remember
TotalPost:217
RE:Designer Chat Thread~~~~ Reply

Albums to Remember Designs here. I've been digi scrapping for about 3 years and love it. I started designing about 6 months ago and haven't looked back.

I also enjoy sewing and baking.

I am really enjoying having my kits up here at Artscow. I love it that we can create quickpages for people to help them get their memories into their albums.

Barb
13/8/2009 1:46:22

Catvinnat
TotalPost:627
RE:RE:Designer Chat Thread~~~~ Reply

Hi, Good to meet you peeps! Catvinnat here.
    I'm reallllly new to designing. Been digiscrapping for about 12 months and decided it was about time I pushed myself a little. Plus hubby is pretty ill at the mo and unable to work and I am hoping to eventually be able to contribute a little more to finances which are stretched tight as a gnats you know what...LOL
    I work full time and in between that and sleeping care for my OH and try and retain some sense of normality for our 8 year old.
    Like I say in my profile, scrapping has kept me sane this last year but I've kind of lost my mojo for my own pages over the last 3 months which have been really rough. Dabbling with designing has sort of filled in the gap and hopefully the inspiration will be back before too long.
    Catherine

13/8/2009 5:43:19

RE:RE:RE:Designer Chat Thread~~~~ Reply

>Catherine,

Hi, I know what you mean I also have a hard time doing my own pages latley.Im sorry about your Hubby I hope he feels better soon... Digi scrapping is a great way to ecsape and have mommy or alone time for me also its my time to just sit and be quite and enjoy doing something..lol..

Brooke
    >
    >
13/8/2009 7:24:49

Joan T
TotalPost:24

Hi everyone, JoanT here. I have been digi scrapping for over 4 years now. I discovered it while googling how to do something with a photo. I love it and used to design for a site about 3 years ago which I gave up when all I was doing was designing and no time to scrap. A lot of digi sites have obligations that bring in no money and take up a lot of time. I recently retired and decided to brush up on my design skills again and try to get something for my efforts. I live in Australia on the west coast by the ocean.
13/8/2009 8:13:03

Joan T
RE:RE:RE:Designer Chat Thread~~~~ Reply

>Hi, Good to meet you peeps! Catvinnat here.
    >Like I say in my profile, scrapping has kept me sane this last year but I've kind of lost my mojo for my own pages over the last 3 months which have been really rough. Dabbling with designing has sort of filled in the gap and hopefully the inspiration will be back before too long.
    >Catherine
    >
    >
    Hi catherine, Scrapping kept me sane while working in a high stress job. I find that every now and again I lose my mojo for design and so I scrap madly or go out and take a heap of photos which often give me inspiration.
13/8/2009 8:20:32

Mikki
TotalPost:207

Hi there!
    I've been digi-scrapping since 2002 and have been selling at SBE since 2006... it's really been more of a hobby for me because I don't earn much at all... probably less than $1/hour -which is sad.... but I keep doing it for some reason. LOL
    I have a 7 year old son and live in Florida... I'm very glad to know all of you!!

13/8/2009 22:16:27

Sooze Gemini
TotalPost:102

Hi Ladies....my name is Susan (aka Sooze). I've been digiscrapping for about 3 years and designing for 2. I "sell" my designs at Ahhhscrap and Scrapmall...although as Mikki says it's not really a money earner, so I'm not sure why I still do it! I guess I just enjoy the creative process or something??? There are just so many freebies on offer all over the net that most scrappers consider digiscrapping a free hobby.

I haven't scrapped much for myself lately... had a couple of graphics projects which I'm almost done with...plus I just finished a Photoshobook here on Artscow for my friend's birthday. I'd like to start another one for my daughter within the next week or so. Don't you wish there were more than 24 hours in a day???

I'm originally from Scotland - now living in Pensacola, Florida but will be moving back to Scotland within the next few months.

>Hi there!
    >I've been digi-scrapping since 2002 and have been selling at SBE since 2006... it's really been more of a hobby for me because I don't earn much at all... probably less than $1/hour -which is sad.... but I keep doing it for some reason. LOL
    >I have a 7 year old son and live in Florida... I'm very glad to know all of you!!
    >
    >
    >
    >

-----------------------------------------------
    Happy Scrappin!

Sooze
13/8/2009 23:58:51

Designer Chat Thread~~~~ Reply

Hey ladies its nice to meet you all...

I was wondering about how much do you make when you sell them in the scrap stores? I was thinking of doing it just to beable to pay for some photobooks of my own .

Brooke
14/8/2009 0:20:05

J. Chan
TotalPost:28

Allo ladies!

It's Jen~ I've been digiscrapping for 10 months and COMPLETELY new to designing. I love all the kits you ladies post here!! Nice to meet you all!
14/8/2009 2:07:02

Sherri Tierney
TotalPost:52

Hey there! I've been scrapbooking since I got married and digiscrapping since December of 2004. I became a designer in June of 2006 and have been doing it since. I currently sell my designs at a few online stores, Elemental Scraps, Digital Freebies, and Inspiration-Lane.

I love to scrap as well as design but scrapping has fallen by the wayside for me as designing has became a job more than a hobby. I now consider it a business, schedule myself work hours and all of that. I enjoy it though and I still manage to sneak some scrapping in here and there!

I found myself really curious about the way kits worked within the software here so I uploaded my first one recently. I have to say, the format is better than I thought. My only wish would be that you could layer papers without having to have the papers in strips before you start and that there was a way to add shadows (or maybe there is and I'm missing it?).
14/8/2009 2:40:55

Prissy
TotalPost:14

>Hey my name is Prissy and I love scrapbooking - I would love to know how to make designs in my PSE 7 - I have watched more tutorials than I care to admit and I just don't get it. But tahnk God for these free designer kits they are so marvelous and so appreciated. Would love to see some for grandkids - just had my first grandson and he just turned a yr old. Love to scrapbook that baby.

Again, thanks so much to all of you.
    >
    >
    >
14/8/2009 22:52:26

Good Luck this up coming week ladies !

Good>Calling all designers here is a thread to chat with eachother.
    >
    >
    >I'am Brooke I love doing digi scrapbooking as a hobby my first Love is my children I have 3 boys ages 5-3-1 I love them so much!
    >
    >
    >
15/8/2009 11:08:02

Kathi Bothwell
TotalPost:25

Hi Everyone! This is a great idea.

I'm Kathi a/k/a Digi Dandy Designs. I have been digi scrapping for about 3 years now and dabbling in design for about a year. I just recently started selling at DigitalScrapn. I don't have much in my store because I have been taking part in Designer Survivor and putting a lot of my freebie from my blog here at Artscow. While I love when I "win" something here, I mostly just enjoy seeing others being able to work with my kits. The kit use count really makes my day.
    Kathi B
    Digi Dandy Designs
16/8/2009 1:52:09

Joan T

>Hi Everyone! This is a great idea.
    >
    >I'm Kathi a/k/a Digi Dandy Designs. I have been digi scrapping for about 3 years now and dabbling in design for about a year. I just recently started selling at DigitalScrapn. I don't have much in my store because I have been taking part in Designer Survivor and putting a lot of my freebie from my blog here at Artscow. While I love when I "win" something here, I mostly just enjoy seeing others being able to work with my kits. The kit use count really makes my day.

Welcome Kathi
16/8/2009 8:57:09

Hey everyone,

So I had to add mine this morning 2 hrs early and I lost 5 adds :( sucks but I was gone all day and thought it would be better to add them this morning.. I hope I win this week that would be awesome lol But as of right now I dont think I will I added 4 kits , YOu ladies added some Awesome Kits , good job .

Brooke
16/8/2009 9:07:54

Danielle Christiansen
TotalPost:201

What a great idea Brooke!
    I am Danielle Christiansen. i live in Utah. I have scrapbooked for 20 years and have been doing digital scrapbooking for over 12 now. I love it. it is my stress relief. Considering I have two ther jobs. i am a hairstylist at my home salon and a professional photographer. Not to mention I have two darling 10 year old girls who's lives revolve around dance and a almost one year old little boy. Now you see why I need this little hobbie to release my stress. I look forword to getting to know you all.And I have loved using all your kits.
    >
    >I'am Brooke I love doing digi scrapbooking as a hobby my first Love is my children I have 3 boys ages 5-3-1 I love them so much!
    >
    >
    >
16/8/2009 23:40:29

Cheri
TotalPost:3

I don't make very much at my store (probably $5 a month). I tried selling them on ebay, but they are very anti digi products. So, most of my stuff was taken down, but I still make about $8 a month from ebay. Then I found the kit contest here and I make at leaste $5-$10 a week with my kits. It is great!
17/8/2009 0:11:13

Danielle Christiansen
TotalPost:201

I know Brooke there are some wonderful kits on here this week. i think more and more designers have heard about Artscow giveaway because I see new ones every week.
    >Hey everyone,
    >
    > So I had to add mine this morning 2 hrs early and I lost 5 adds :( sucks but I was gone all day and thought it would be better to add them this morning.. I hope I win this week that would be awesome lol But as of right now I dont think I will I added 4 kits , YOu ladies added some Awesome Kits , good job .
    >
    >
    >Brooke
17/8/2009 0:26:29

Sooze Gemini
TotalPost:102

>I don't make very much at my store (probably $5 a month). I tried selling them on ebay, but they are very anti digi products. So, most of my stuff was taken down, but I still make about $8 a month from ebay. Then I found the kit contest here and I make at leaste $5-$10 a week with my kits. It is great!

Yeah, there's not as much money being made out there in digi stores as some scrappers would believe. I've read comments like "I only use freebies - those designers are making a lot of money"....or (and this one really pissed me off) "I'm proud to say that in my 3 years of digi scrapping I haven't paid for a single item!" So...with attitudes like that out there it makes it VERY difficult for us designers to make more than a few dollars each month. Break those few dollars down into the hours you spend creating your items and you probably work for pennies an hour! Just as well we all enjoy doing this - because it's certainly not for the money! I have to agree with you about the few bucks a month from artscow - it's been a Godsend to me recently.

I've often seen questions in scrapping forums from people who want to "learn how to make kits and sell them so I can be a SAHM". Well, how do you answer that honestly without coming off as a sourpuss???? I'm sure there are a few well known designers who make a easonable part-tme income at this, but they must be a very small minority.

Now.....don't even get me started on the whole "freebies" thing!!!!

Happy Scrappin!

Sooze
17/8/2009 5:58:36
Page 1 of 5, Total 96 1 2 3 4 5