Your are the 6051th Viewer
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 3 of 5, Total 96 1 2 3 4 5
AuthorPosts

Carolina Scraps
TotalPost:39
RE:Designer Chat Thread~~~~ Reply

Hey ya'll! I'm Jesse and I have been around for a while, but just started offering kits at ArtsCow. I'm a work at home mom of a one year old little girl and jack of all trades (digiscrapping designer, art & design at EquiGifts.com, eBay seller, open horse show judge and NRHA scribe) to make a living. I'm curious to know how everyone here found out about ArtsCow. If you get a chance, reply!

Jesse

>Calling all designers here is a thread to chat with eachother.
    >
    >
    >I'am Brooke I love doing digi scrapbooking as a hobby my first Love is my children I have 3 boys ages 5-3-1 I love them so much!
    >
    >
    >
25/8/2009 1:52:03

Brooke Adkins (My-Time Scraps)
TotalPost:198
RE:RE:Designer Chat Thread~~~~ Reply

HI jesse,

I love your main pic so cute. I found about this site a year or so back from someone I cant remember but I have been hooked ever since lol..

Im not doing agian This week with all ya'll being so good Lol well Im making a few bucks here and there from my paid kits so that is cool im excited to use the money to get some more magnets next week and a book of our vacation. My baby boy turned 1 on saturday so Im going threw all the pics to scrap it and make him a book. I think Im only gonna enter 1 kit a week in the contest and make the rest i make paid . Well I have been working on my next kits . good luck to ya'll that are winning .

Brooke

>Hey ya'll! I'm Jesse and I have been around for a while, but just started offering kits at ArtsCow. I'm a work at home mom of a one year old little girl and jack of all trades (digiscrapping designer, art & design at EquiGifts.com, eBay seller, open horse show judge and NRHA scribe) to make a living. I'm curious to know how everyone here found out about ArtsCow. If you get a chance, reply!
    >
    >Jesse
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >>Calling all designers here is a thread to chat with eachother.
    >>
    >>
    >>I'am Brooke I love doing digi scrapbooking as a hobby my first Love is my children I have 3 boys ages 5-3-1 I love them so much!
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >
25/8/2009 2:22:13

Danielle Christiansen
TotalPost:201

found it a few years ago from another blog. And stick around here and there and now post my kits on here. It is a few extra dollars a week.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >>
    >>
    >>I'am Brooke I love doing digi scrapbooking as a hobby my first Love is my children I have 3 boys ages 5-3-1 I love them so much!
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >
25/8/2009 6:06:35

Carolina Scraps

Brooke,

My little girl just turned one too... I think our kids are only a few weeks apart! Of course, there were a lot of little'ns born last year... We had 3 in our family all born within 4 months of each other!

I just sold my first paid kit... and I think I'll employ the same strategy as you as far as the contest goes. I got my kit up right on time last Saturday and begged all my MySpace and e-mail contacts to go vote for it... not to mention I put my heart and soul into that kit staying up almost 48 hours straight to complete it and... guess what? Not winning... not even close! I bow down to the winners every week for having a creative enough mind to make those really eye catching and super cute kits!

Jesse

>Hey ya'll! I'm Jesse and I have been around for a while, but just started offering kits at ArtsCow. I'm a work at home mom of a one year old little girl and jack of all trades (digiscrapping designer, art & design at EquiGifts.com, eBay seller, open horse show judge and NRHA scribe) to make a living. I'm curious to know how everyone here found out about ArtsCow. If you get a chance, reply!
    >
    >Jesse
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >
26/8/2009 2:51:14

Joan T
TotalPost:24
RE:RE:RE:Designer Chat Thread~~~~ Reply

>I just sold my first paid kit... and I think I'll employ the same strategy as you as far as the contest goes. I got my kit up right on time last Saturday and begged all my MySpace and e-mail contacts to go vote for it... not to mention I put my heart and soul into that kit staying up almost 48 hours straight to complete it and... guess what? Not winning... not even close! I bow down to the winners every week for having a creative enough mind to make those really eye catching and super cute kits!
    >
    >
    >Jesse

Hi Jesse, I am Joan T from Western Australia. I am making a few dollars here but from now on I am only offering 1 kit as a free one. Many people think digi scrapping is a free hobby and expect thing to be free. I can understand you putting your heart and soul into the kit, and thrn being a little disappointed.
    >
    >>Hey ya'll! I'm Jesse and I have been around for a while, but just started offering kits at ArtsCow. I'm a work at home mom of a one year old little girl and jack of all trades (digiscrapping designer, art & design at EquiGifts.com, eBay seller, open horse show judge and NRHA scribe) to make a living. I'm curious to know how everyone here found out about ArtsCow. If you get a chance, reply!
    >>
    >>Jesse
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>>Calling all designers here is a thread to chat with eachother.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>I'am Brooke I love doing digi scrapbooking as a hobby my first Love is my children I have 3 boys ages 5-3-1 I love them so much!
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>
    >
26/8/2009 22:02:23

Sherri Tierney
TotalPost:52
RE:RE:RE:RE:Designer Chat Thread~~~~ Reply

>Many people think digi scrapping is a free hobby and expect thing to be free.

Depending on how you look at it, it can be free. I get both sides of it. As a designer, I depend on my design income. I pay for my son's preschool and my daughter's dance class and put food on the table on weeks when our budget is stretched too tight so I definitely count on my customers and am extremely appreciative of the sales I get from them. As a scrapper though, I very rarely spend money on my supplies. There are so many fabulous freebies available that I could easily scrap the rest of my life just on those. One big reason I switched to digi was to save money. I got tired of forking out $5 for a little package of embellishments. So, the way I look at it is that there will always be the freebie hunters and those who aren't willing to pay for a kit and there will be those who will pay whatever price you put on it because they have to have it. Some freebie hunters see what is out there and turn in to customers while others will never buy anything.

Personally, I don't mind giving away my kits in the least. Customers here are quite limited in the program with what they can do with those kits. They can't pirate the kits (share them illegally) because they can't get them out of the program. They can only order products from artscow with them, you know? With the limitations here, I look at this as a way to let customers sample my product and if they really get serious about digiscrapping to the point that they start using photo editing programs and want 'real' (as in files downloaded to their computer for them to do what they will with) kits then they may remember that they liked my stuff that they saw/used here and look me up. :)

I did put prices on the stuff I had free last week but only out of a sense of fairness to my current customers from the digi stores I sell at(though I often give freebies away there too!). The price here is much lower but the options are also way more limited so I don't think they will complain at all. I mean, you can't take a kit from here and print out pages on your home computer or send it off to Shutterfly to have it printed just because you have a free book credit or something...

Anyway, that's all just my 2 cents. Now back to bed with me. I've feel awful. Its a mix between allergies, a head cold and a stomach bug.. not fun all at once!
27/8/2009 11:06:55

Danielle Christiansen
RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:Designer Chat Thread~~~~ Reply

> I agree, my prices on kits are lower here because of those same reasons. And I too like the fact that they cannot be copied and re worked. it takes along time to design each item.

>>Many people think digi scrapping is a free hobby and expect thing to be free.
    >
    >
    >Depending on how you look at it, it can be free. I get both sides of it. As a designer, I depend on my design income. I pay for my son's preschool and my daughter's dance class and put food on the table on weeks when our budget is stretched too tight so I definitely count on my customers and am extremely appreciative of the sales I get from them. As a scrapper though, I very rarely spend money on my supplies. There are so many fabulous freebies available that I could easily scrap the rest of my life just on those. One big reason I switched to digi was to save money. I got tired of forking out $5 for a little package of embellishments. So, the way I look at it is that there will always be the freebie hunters and those who aren't willing to pay for a kit and there will be those who will pay whatever price you put on it because they have to have it. Some freebie hunters see what is out there and turn in to customers while others will never buy anything.
    >
    >Personally, I don't mind giving away my kits in the least. Customers here are quite limited in the program with what they can do with those kits. They can't pirate the kits (share them illegally) because they can't get them out of the program. They can only order products from artscow with them, you know? With the limitations here, I look at this as a way to let customers sample my product and if they really get serious about digiscrapping to the point that they start using photo editing programs and want 'real' (as in files downloaded to their computer for them to do what they will with) kits then they may remember that they liked my stuff that they saw/used here and look me up. :)
    >
    >I did put prices on the stuff I had free last week but only out of a sense of fairness to my current customers from the digi stores I sell at(though I often give freebies away there too!). The price here is much lower but the options are also way more limited so I don't think they will complain at all. I mean, you can't take a kit from here and print out pages on your home computer or send it off to Shutterfly to have it printed just because you have a free book credit or something...
    >
    >
    >Anyway, that's all just my 2 cents. Now back to bed with me. I've feel awful. Its a mix between allergies, a head cold and a stomach bug.. not fun all at once!
    >
27/8/2009 11:55:10

Carolina Scraps

Sherri, you've got some good points and I think it's fair the way you're running your business. You're right about the customers, especially... those who aren't going to pay just aren't going to and those who want quality will.

I don't mind giving away the free kits in order to get a better chance at winning the contest. Shoot, I'd put ten up there if I could make that many in a week. I think it's also nice for customers who can't really afford a fancy kit to get a nice little bonus here and there. So it's really a win-win for everyone.

I wouldn't mind giving all my kits away free if this were a hobby... but we've all got to try and earn a buck anywhere we can to make it these days!
28/8/2009 1:53:20

RE:RE:RE:Designer Chat Thread~~~~ Reply

Hi everyone I jsut wanted to take a moment and Brag about my baby boy who just turned 1 ... This is a picture of him with Cake I just love it .

30/8/2009 13:31:08

Danielle Christiansen
RE:RE:RE:RE:Designer Chat Thread~~~~ Reply

really cute Brooke my little guy turns one in 3 weeks.
30/8/2009 13:34:28

RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:Designer Chat Thread~~~~ Reply

Thanks .... Are you having a big party ?

>really cute Brooke my little guy turns one in 3 weeks.
30/8/2009 20:37:32

Danielle Christiansen
RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:Designer Chat Thread~~~~ Reply

>Thanks .... Are you having a big party ?
    >Yes we always are huge party people over hear.

>
30/8/2009 23:41:16

RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:Designer Chat Thread~~~~ Reply

Oh that will be fun, do you do like Bday themes? I always wanted to but never have enough money to get all the matching stuff. Today is My birthday no party for me lol when you get older i guess it doesnt count anymore .. Hahhaa

>>Thanks .... Are you having a big party ?
    >>Yes we always are huge party people over hear.
    >
    >>
    >
31/8/2009 0:41:52

Danielle Christiansen
RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:Designer Chat Thread~~~~ Reply

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BROOKE!
    yes I go all out on themes. i shop all year long at dollar stores, clearence etc. i should have been a party planner. the whole neighborhood cant wait to see what i do the next year.
    >>
    >>>
    >>
    >
31/8/2009 0:48:05

RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:Designer Chat Thread~~~~ Reply

Danielle ,

That is Awesome! ahhh what what are you doing this year? Have you thought about doing party planning I know its alot of work just from watching like the wedding planning shows on tv.

Brooke

>HAPPY BIRTHDAY BROOKE!
    >yes I go all out on themes. i shop all year long at dollar stores, clearence etc. i should have been a party planner. the whole neighborhood cant wait to see what i do the next year.
    >>>
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>
    >
31/8/2009 0:51:10

Danielle Christiansen
RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:Designer Chat Thread~~~~ Reply

It was going to be just cake and ice cream but of course I cant do anything small.
    I decorated his room in vintage Mickey mouse so we decided to have a mickey mouse theme. me and my girls hand stamped mickey;s colored them in and put them on goodie bags for all the kids that come with his name stamped on there too.
    I am a professional photographer ( and own my own hair salon,digital scrapbooking etc, that is why i cant be a party planner too. besides the fact that my girls lives revolve around dance, and I am treasureer for PTA_How I even have time to breathe I do not know.)Anyway because I do photos. We have a huge life size Mickey mouse we are taking all kids pictures next too and sending them there photo as a thank you for coming to his party.
    I also am having a raffle type thing for the adults with scratch off lottery Mickey tickets. one couple will win a large gift. It should be fun.
    I am taking his Bday pics this week and letting him go crazy with the cake. Can't wait!
    >
    >
    >
    >>HAPPY BIRTHDAY BROOKE!
    >>yes I go all out on themes. i shop all year long at dollar stores, clearence etc. i should have been a party planner. the whole neighborhood cant wait to see what i do the next year.
    >>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>
    >
31/8/2009 12:36:41

Chat Reply

Danielle,

OMG you are a busy lady how do find time to do digi kits lol I stay home and take care of the 3 boys and hubby of course lol and I hardly have anytime unless its late night after everyone is in bed.. That party sounds awesome what a lucky little boy.

Brooke

>
    >It was going to be just cake and ice cream but of course I cant do anything small.
    >I decorated his room in vintage Mickey mouse so we decided to have a mickey mouse theme. me and my girls hand stamped mickey;s colored them in and put them on goodie bags for all the kids that come with his name stamped on there too.
    >I am a professional photographer ( and own my own hair salon,digital scrapbooking etc, that is why i cant be a party planner too. besides the fact that my girls lives revolve around dance, and I am treasureer for PTA_How I even have time to breathe I do not know.)Anyway because I do photos. We have a huge life size Mickey mouse we are taking all kids pictures next too and sending them there photo as a thank you for coming to his party.
    >I also am having a raffle type thing for the adults with scratch off lottery Mickey tickets. one couple will win a large gift. It should be fun.
    >I am taking his Bday pics this week and letting him go crazy with the cake. Can't wait!
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>>HAPPY BIRTHDAY BROOKE!
    >>>yes I go all out on themes. i shop all year long at dollar stores, clearence etc. i should have been a party planner. the whole neighborhood cant wait to see what i do the next year.
    >>>>>
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>
    >
31/8/2009 21:06:06

Danielle Christiansen
RE:Chat Reply

>>>That is exactly what I do after everyones in bed. i go design crazy.
    >>
    >
31/8/2009 21:35:37

Danielle Christiansen
RE:RE:Chat Reply

Brooke I also sent you a private message
    >>
    >
31/8/2009 21:44:09

Sherri Tierney
TotalPost:52
RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:Designer Chat Thread~~~~ Reply

That sounds like the type of parties we have around here. I love planning and decorating and making sure everything is perfect. I always have to either find or make a digital kit to go with the birthday theme too and then I make stuff to coordinate the theme. I can't just go to a party store and buy all the matchy matchy stuff because I don't want my parties to look like everyone else's. LOL Even when I do a more common theme, it has to be different!

My favorite so far was my daughter's pink poodle party. We had such a blast! I made little paper purses for each of the girls (using a pink poodle digital kit of course!) and put their invitations in them. I included a little button with their name on it as a name tag. The parents got a big kick out of it. Anyway, we played pin the bow on the poodle, each of the girls decorated bags with poodles on them, made bracelets with pink beads and got a feather boa to wear at the party and take home afterwards. That was a few years ago and people still talk about it. :)

Well... back to cleaning house. I spent the day planting mums yesterday and my allergies are killing me but life goes on... by the looks of my to-do list this week, I won't even have time to design. Bummer.

>
    >It was going to be just cake and ice cream but of course I cant do anything small.
    >I decorated his room in vintage Mickey mouse so we decided to have a mickey mouse theme. me and my girls hand stamped mickey;s colored them in and put them on goodie bags for all the kids that come with his name stamped on there too.
    >I am a professional photographer ( and own my own hair salon,digital scrapbooking etc, that is why i cant be a party planner too. besides the fact that my girls lives revolve around dance, and I am treasureer for PTA_How I even have time to breathe I do not know.)Anyway because I do photos. We have a huge life size Mickey mouse we are taking all kids pictures next too and sending them there photo as a thank you for coming to his party.
    >I also am having a raffle type thing for the adults with scratch off lottery Mickey tickets. one couple will win a large gift. It should be fun.
    >I am taking his Bday pics this week and letting him go crazy with the cake. Can't wait!
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>>HAPPY BIRTHDAY BROOKE!
    >>>yes I go all out on themes. i shop all year long at dollar stores, clearence etc. i should have been a party planner. the whole neighborhood cant wait to see what i do the next year.
    >>>>>
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>
    >
1/9/2009 1:10:48
Page 3 of 5, Total 96 1 2 3 4 5