Your are the 6516th Viewer
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 4 of 5, Total 96 1 2 3 4 5
AuthorPosts

Brooke Adkins (My-Time Scraps)
TotalPost:198
Hey Reply

Is everyone ready for this Saturday? Iam not lol I haven't started my free kit yet I have been so busy my oldest is 5 and he start K this year so we have been crazy getting his stuff meeting his teacher. But hope to work on something all day tomorrow and Friday.
3/9/2009 13:31:17

Danielle Christiansen
TotalPost:201
RE:Hey Reply

I am as always lol.
3/9/2009 23:47:21

Sherri Tierney
TotalPost:52
RE:RE:Hey Reply

I'm on top of things this week! I've had a very productive week. I have designed 8 kits this week and did 2 different mega kit contributions for the stores I sell at. I'm on a roll. :)
4/9/2009 5:09:41

RE:RE:RE:Hey Reply

Danielle and Sherri- Good job! I got some done today I think I might make my pool kit free this week , Gosh I just don't know if I should or not lol
4/9/2009 6:43:19

Sooze Gemini
TotalPost:102
RE:Hey Reply

Ready? Nope. I've been busy painting around the house this week....quite pleased withmyself . So far I've managed to do the ceilings in the hall and kitchen and the walls in the hall and today I plan on doigiving the bathroom a fresh coat. Busy, busy, busy!

I'll probably look through my stuff to see what can post and maybe come up with a couple of things though.

>Is everyone ready for this Saturday? Iam not lol I haven't started my free kit yet I have been so busy my oldest is 5 and he start K this year so we have been crazy getting his stuff meeting his teacher. But hope to work on something all day tomorrow and Friday.

-----------------------------------------------
    Happy Scrappin!

Sooze
5/9/2009 0:31:52

Albums to Remember
TotalPost:217
RE:Designer Chat Thread~~~~ Reply

We are going away this weekend so I took a break. Hope to have something for next week but the kids are starting school and I start a new job so not sure if I will find time or not. Good luck to all of you! :)
5/9/2009 4:55:31

Danielle Christiansen
RE:RE:RE:RE:Hey Reply

Brooke I sent a pm to you!
5/9/2009 12:23:44

Jas Navarro
TotalPost:2
Hi! Reply

Hello! I'm new here at artscow and have read about the designer contest and would like to make a go at it.

I have been a short time designer.. started in April 2009 and quickly expanded to three stores and got burned out from it. I have just closed my two stores end of August and will be closing my last store this September. You guys are right that making money off designing is not as easy as it looks on the outside. Designing is just a part of it but there are other stuff like managing your store, promoting your products and all those stuff which tend to take over your life. I did not even have the time to scrap anymore.

Anyway this seems like a good compromise. I have a few kits already done (I'm not sure if I'm going to do more just yet) but trying for the weekly prize and the kits at the store for a low price after the week seems great as the kits will just be stocked in my hard drive anyway. I know I should wait until Sunday to upload my free kit but I'm kinda excited lol, so I'll be sharing my first free kit now, more details in a new thread.

Btw, I stumbled on this site looking for somewhere to print a photobook for a friend of mine and reviews seem great. I'm still scrapping the album but I'm excited to have it printed!
7/9/2009 11:50:12

RE:Hi! Reply

Welcome! and good luck!

Hey everyone I'm prolly not going to enter Next week maybe lol.. My first born baby starts school on tuesday i have not been without him all day ever except for the dinner out here and there .. Im so sad but excited for him to get out of the house and start this Great journey out there I love my Boy! I have a great kit coming for his first day lol

Brooke

>Hello! I'm new here at artscow and have read about the designer contest and would like to make a go at it.
    >
    >I have been a short time designer.. started in April 2009 and quickly expanded to three stores and got burned out from it. I have just closed my two stores end of August and will be closing my last store this September. You guys are right that making money off designing is not as easy as it looks on the outside. Designing is just a part of it but there are other stuff like managing your store, promoting your products and all those stuff which tend to take over your life. I did not even have the time to scrap anymore.
    >
    >Anyway this seems like a good compromise. I have a few kits already done (I'm not sure if I'm going to do more just yet) but trying for the weekly prize and the kits at the store for a low price after the week seems great as the kits will just be stocked in my hard drive anyway. I know I should wait until Sunday to upload my free kit but I'm kinda excited lol, so I'll be sharing my first free kit now, more details in a new thread.
    >
    >Btw, I stumbled on this site looking for somewhere to print a photobook for a friend of mine and reviews seem great. I'm still scrapping the album but I'm excited to have it printed!
7/9/2009 12:49:11

Sherri Tierney
RE:RE:Hi! Reply

Awww... I know how that is! My oldest is in 2nd grade now and my youngest started preschool this year. It was harder on me to send him off than it was her, I think. I was pregnant with him when she started preschool and I was exhausted and pretty much slept the whole time she was gone most days, LOL. Now I find that I'm just lonely without any kids here after having 2 all summer and him every day for the last 3.5 years! Good luck getting through the first week! He'll probably do much better than you... its usually the way it goes. On my daughter's first day of preschool I picked her up and she said "How are you, mommy? I was worried about you."

>
    >
    >Hey everyone I'm prolly not going to enter Next week maybe lol.. My first born baby starts school on tuesday i have not been without him all day ever except for the dinner out here and there .. Im so sad but excited for him to get out of the house and start this Great journey out there I love my Boy! I have a great kit coming for his first day lol
    >
    >Brooke
    >
    >
7/9/2009 15:09:37

Sherri Tierney

Welcome!

>Designing is just a part of it but there are other stuff like managing your store, promoting your products and all those stuff which tend to take over your life. I did not even have the time to scrap anymore.
    >

You got that right!! Designing is a practically a full time job for me now. I started out just playing around and making freebies for chat prizes for a site that I was on a CT for. I was asked to sell my designs and figured I'd try it just to say I did it. Things snowballed and I've been doing this for 3 years (and 3 months) now! Its been a while since I really had time to scrap. Now when I scrap I use my kits and make quickpages to put in my store so that I kill two birds with one stone I spend probably 30 hours a week between designing, packaging, uploading, advertising, maintaining my CT, checking in at my various stores, etc.
7/9/2009 15:15:14

Danielle Christiansen

heloo and welcome to the site. You are so right about it taking over your lives. I have been a designer for about 5 years but digiscrapbooking for 10+. I find my scrapbook pages come last too.
7/9/2009 23:50:10

Sooze Gemini
TotalPost:102

Hi Jas....welcome to artscow! Good luck with the designing and the contest!

>Hello! I'm new here at artscow and have read about the designer contest and would like to make a go at it.
    >
    >I have been a short time designer.. started in April 2009 and quickly expanded to three stores and got burned out from it. I have just closed my two stores end of August and will be closing my last store this September. You guys are right that making money off designing is not as easy as it looks on the outside. Designing is just a part of it but there are other stuff like managing your store, promoting your products and all those stuff which tend to take over your life. I did not even have the time to scrap anymore.
    >
    >Anyway this seems like a good compromise. I have a few kits already done (I'm not sure if I'm going to do more just yet) but trying for the weekly prize and the kits at the store for a low price after the week seems great as the kits will just be stocked in my hard drive anyway. I know I should wait until Sunday to upload my free kit but I'm kinda excited lol, so I'll be sharing my first free kit now, more details in a new thread.
    >
    >Btw, I stumbled on this site looking for somewhere to print a photobook for a friend of mine and reviews seem great. I'm still scrapping the album but I'm excited to have it printed!

-----------------------------------------------
    Happy Scrappin!

Sooze
9/9/2009 23:58:12

RE:RE:Hi! Reply

Hi everyone ,

How is the contest going for anyone , I haven't entered it lately I don't think I will anymore , But good luck to everyone .

Brooke
16/9/2009 23:13:36

Danielle Christiansen
RE:RE:RE:Hi! Reply

>Hi everyone ,
    >
    > How is the contest going for anyone , I haven't entered it lately I don't think I will anymore , But good luck to everyone .
    >
    >
    >Brooke
    I hear you brooke! It really makes it hard to spend all your time designing when you know thae same people always win top three. But I hope you still design I love your kits!
17/9/2009 2:03:43

RE:RE:RE:RE:Hi! Reply

Danielle,

Thanks, I will be adding a new kit in a week or so not in the contest though, Go check out my finished vacation book all let me know what you think .

Brooke
18/9/2009 21:50:59

Sherri Tierney
RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:Hi! Reply

I could just scream! These masks for frames are driving me crazy! Ugh. I've spent way too long on three lousy frames today... like an hour. Ugh.
27/9/2009 1:26:22

mim
designer chat thread Reply

Quick question about fonts ...

are we able to use fonts in our designer kits that we don't make ourselves? I just mean the standard fonts that are available in photoshop/etc. I haven't really bought fonts from anywhere (if someone wants to PM me with a good font site that would be great too) :), so I'm not talking about ones where I could choose a commercial license.

If not, do you create all your own fonts? I have a graphics tablet, but creating 'perfect' fonts is so much easier said than done.

Thanks.
11/10/2009 11:08:23

Diann
TotalPost:116
RE:designer chat thread Reply

I think Photoshop just uses the fonts that are already on your computer, at least that is what I have heard. Photoshop does not come with installed fonts.
    If there is someone with more info than me they can help too.
    Diann
12/10/2009 6:20:23

sue
TotalPost:3
RE:Designer Chat Thread~~~~ Reply

Hello there. My name is Sue. I do some designing. So thought I would try and get them up and running in artscow. I have looked at the tuturial on uploading.. so hope it all goes ok. fingers crossed.
19/11/2009 5:31:06
Page 4 of 5, Total 96 1 2 3 4 5