Your are the 6342th Viewer
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 5 of 5, Total 96 1 2 3 4 5
AuthorPosts

Kathi Bothwell
TotalPost:10
RE:Designer Chat Thread~~~~ Reply

Hi there designers. I haven't been around posting my free kits lately because I have sort of stepped away from designing. Now, I have a blog where I am posting digital scrapbooking freebies. I do the freebie hunting so my readers have a one stop place to find the best free digital kits on the web everyday. I know I can't "advertise" it here but I thought I would let you know in case you want your freebies listed there. I know I already have a few of your blogs on my list but if you want to get yours added feel free to send me a PM and I can post your freebies there too. It's a great way to get your designs featured and seen by hundreds of people everyday.

Just to make it clear, this is for freebies for use in digital scrapbooking programs outside of Artscow. People can create their designs in their own program and then upload them to Artscow.
24/1/2010 3:47:02

Diann
TotalPost:116

I PM'd you! :)
25/1/2010 23:28:17

trina kessel
TotalPost:4
RE:RE:Designer Chat Thread~~~~ Reply

>Albums to Remember Designs here. I've been digi scrapping for about 3 years and love it. I started designing about 6 months ago and haven't looked back.
    >
    >I also enjoy sewing and baking.
    >
    >I am really enjoying having my kits up here at Artscow. I love it that we can create quickpages for people to help them get their memories into their albums.
    >
    >Barb
    >
    hi barb i would like to make my own pages but i cannot figure it out can you help me?
12/2/2010 11:48:49

Amy
TotalPost:10
RE:designer chat thread Reply

>Quick question about fonts ...
    >
    >are we able to use fonts in our designer kits that we don't make ourselves? I just mean the standard fonts that are available in photoshop/etc. I haven't really bought fonts from anywhere (if someone wants to PM me with a good font site that would be great too) :), so I'm not talking about ones where I could choose a commercial license.
    >
    >If not, do you create all your own fonts? I have a graphics tablet, but creating 'perfect' fonts is so much easier said than done.
    >
    >Thanks.

You would need to read the TOU that comes with the font. Or contact the font designer. Larabie fonts are usually ok for kit design. Some fonts you can only do certain things with though. It's just best to email and find out.
20/5/2010 21:41:05

Lil
TotalPost:205

Hello everyone ...

I'm a new designer here and thought I would 'pop' in this forum ... lol.

I've been digiscrapping since 2003 and I honestly thought I had invented it! I'M NOT KIDDING! I've always loved graphics programs and back then got caught up with Paint Shop Pro. As soon as I discovered 'layers' I was in HEAVEN! lol. I was like wow, you can make a frame and put a picture behind it and a background behind that and so on and so on. I created my first digital scrapbook in 2003 for my honey and printed it off on 8x10 photo pages and put it in sleeves in a binder and 'WOW' ... I was thrilled with the result. I seriously thought I had invented it!!!. About a year later I realized I was not the only one in the world doing this ... LMAO. Oh well, the thrill was fun while it lasted.

Question: When you get 'Use Counts', what percentage of people actually end up buying? I was just curious how that all works.

Anyways... nice to be here. I discovered Artscow about 3 years ago and LOVE IT!!!
10/7/2010 8:34:47

Patricia W
TotalPost:26

>Calling all designers here is a thread to chat with eachother.
    >
    >
    >I'am Brooke I love doing digi scrapbooking as a hobby my first Love is my children I have 3 boys ages 5-3-1 I love them so much!
    >
    >
    >
    My name is Patti. I work in the Early Childhood Education field and have a photography business. I found out about ArtsCow through a client. We were talking about what she wanted to do with the pictures I was taking of her. I had been doing traditional scrapbooking for a long time before becoming a photographer or finding out about Artscow. I started by using other's kits and still do to make what I was looking for. I decided to start making kits to reflect what I wanted in the products I was buying. Since then I get inspiration. I also have a friend I have turned into an Artscow addict and she suggests different kits that she needs.

I make a few dollars, a few more would be nice to pay for all of my Artscow purchases. I'm amazed by the talent here.

I have been working on Christmas presents this fall. Some are from pictures taken this summer -for example books for my parents.

I'm enjoying this thread to get to know all of you.

Patti from Canada

Patti
23/9/2011 10:37:06

roi
TotalPost:1

HI, one small question?

It is possible in the silverlight designer to select several images at the same time?

Usually I design cards using artscow advanced designer and I always have to do the same adjust operation in all cards ( for example click on fit and then two zoom outs)

Now I have to one card at a time and its a very slow and painfull process
12/12/2011 23:57:40

cathryn
TotalPost:2

>Calling all designers here is a thread to chat with eachother.
    >

Hi would love to get into this have my first child and would love to to digtal scrapbooking was wonder what programes people use dont have much in our small town so be looking at buying online but now sure what to get any help would be great. Looking t something to make own background and that
27/4/2012 15:06:44

claire mcallen
TotalPost:11

Hi, I am also new to this s o I know how daunting it is in the begining. The first program I got was adobe photoshop elements. You can get it quite cheap on amazon. I started by googling photoshop elements tutorials. Some are on you tube, some are in blogs. But they are great for learning the basics. Now I have lots of great programes. Inkscape and gimp are both open source programes so are free.

Remember also to check all the rules about copy right and such :-)

Some people use commercial use items. You can download free stuff from 4shared. I like to make my own stuff but its interesting to see what other people have made and they also have free actions ect.

I love making backgrounds, which you can upload as jpeg or png.

Getting used to it all is quite tricky but Im sure if you ask, someone will give you the answer. Good luck and hope to see your work soon

Claire

>>Calling all designers here is a thread to chat with eachother.
    >>
    >
    >
    >Hi would love to get into this have my first child and would love to to digtal scrapbooking was wonder what programes people use dont have much in our small town so be looking at buying online but now sure what to get any help would be great. Looking t something to make own background and that
    >
28/4/2012 6:56:58

Deborah
TotalPost:200

>>Calling all designers here is a thread to chat with eachother.
    >>
    >
    >
    >Hi would love to get into this have my first child and would love to to digtal scrapbooking was wonder what programes people use dont have much in our small town so be looking at buying online but now sure what to get any help would be great. Looking t something to make own background and that
    >
    Hi Cathryn,
    I have sent you a PM. If you go to the top tool bar and click on control panel, then messages, you will be able to read the message I have sent you.
    Cheers
28/4/2012 9:19:32

cathryn
TotalPost:2
RE:RE:RE:Designer Chat Thread~~~~ Reply

hi thank u well look into these

>Hi, I am also new to this s o I know how daunting it is in the begining. The first program I got was adobe photoshop elements. You can get it quite cheap on amazon. I started by googling photoshop elements tutorials. Some are on you tube, some are in blogs. But they are great for learning the basics. Now I have lots of great programes. Inkscape and gimp are both open source programes so are free.
    >
    >Remember also to check all the rules about copy right and such :-)
    >
    >Some people use commercial use items. You can download free stuff from 4shared. I like to make my own stuff but its interesting to see what other people have made and they also have free actions ect.
    >
    >I love making backgrounds, which you can upload as jpeg or png.
    >
    >Getting used to it all is quite tricky but Im sure if you ask, someone will give you the answer. Good luck and hope to see your work soon
    >
    >Claire
    >
    >
    >>>Calling all designers here is a thread to chat with eachother.
    >>>
    >>
    >>
    >>Hi would love to get into this have my first child and would love to to digtal scrapbooking was wonder what programes people use dont have much in our small town so be looking at buying online but now sure what to get any help would be great. Looking t something to make own background and that
    >>
    >
30/4/2012 14:55:11

claire mcallen
TotalPost:11
RE:RE:RE:RE:Designer Chat Thread~~~~ Reply

cool, hope it helps some, though I'm sure others know a lot more than me lol. I just make my own creations as I love drawing :)

>hi thank u well look into these
    >
    >
    >>Hi, I am also new to this s o I know how daunting it is in the begining. The first program I got was adobe photoshop elements. You can get it quite cheap on amazon. I started by googling photoshop elements tutorials. Some are on you tube, some are in blogs. But they are great for learning the basics. Now I have lots of great programes. Inkscape and gimp are both open source programes so are free.
    >>
    >>Remember also to check all the rules about copy right and such :-)
    >>
    >>Some people use commercial use items. You can download free stuff from 4shared. I like to make my own stuff but its interesting to see what other people have made and they also have free actions ect.
    >>
    >>I love making backgrounds, which you can upload as jpeg or png.
    >>
    >>Getting used to it all is quite tricky but Im sure if you ask, someone will give you the answer. Good luck and hope to see your work soon
    >>
    >>Claire
    >>
    >>
    >>>>Calling all designers here is a thread to chat with eachother.
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>Hi would love to get into this have my first child and would love to to digtal scrapbooking was wonder what programes people use dont have much in our small town so be looking at buying online but now sure what to get any help would be great. Looking t something to make own background and that
    >>>
    >>
    >
2/5/2012 1:46:21

snackpackgu
TotalPost:144

Here is a link to one of the most popular digital scrapbooking sites. The forums have pretty much everything from advice to sales of kits from regular stores. You should be able to gather a ton of ideas from there :)

http://www.digishoptalk.com/boards/index.php

-----------------------------------------------
    Snackpackgu's Free Templates - http://www.artscow.com/design-templates/snackpackgu

Snackpackgu's Scrapbooking Kits - http://www.artscow.com/digital-scrapbooking/snackpackgu

3/5/2012 10:30:56

rebecca connor
TotalPost:1
site help please Reply

hello there. i am new to the site and i am having some trouble finding more information on selling my kits here.
    i uploaded a kit, but how do i find it in the shop?
    are there any information links you can recommend to help me get started here.
    thanks in advance,
    rebecca
15/5/2012 23:09:59

snackpackgu
TotalPost:144
RE:site help please Reply

>hello there. i am new to the site and i am having some trouble finding more information on selling my kits here.
    >i uploaded a kit, but how do i find it in the shop?
    >are there any information links you can recommend to help me get started here.
    >thanks in advance,
    >rebecca

Once it's for sale, it should show up here: http://www.artscow.com/digital-scrapbooking

-----------------------------------------------
    Snackpackgu's Free Templates - http://www.artscow.com/design-templates/snackpackgu

Snackpackgu's Scrapbooking Kits - http://www.artscow.com/digital-scrapbooking/snackpackgu

16/5/2012 5:30:13

daisy
TotalPost:21

Hello everyone! This thread is kinda old so I am not sure who are still active or not. Anyway, I would like to ask the designers here if you do "scrap for hire". Please PM me.. Thanks! :-)
3/6/2014 3:38:18
Page 5 of 5, Total 96 1 2 3 4 5