Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 1 of 1, Total 6 1
AuthorPosts

I.B.
TotalPost:9
Using existing pages/whole photo book for new projects Reply

Hello, dear all,

I am new to this site and need your help. I’ve created a photo book and really like how some of the pages turned out. How can I copy these pages (or maybe the whole book) to use in my next photo book?

Thank you so much for your help!

I.B.
25/8/2009 23:36:00

Alana
TotalPost:2347
RE:Using existing pages/whole photo book for new projects Reply

>Hello, dear all,
    >
    >I am new to this site and need your help. I’ve created a photo book and really like how some of the pages turned out. How can I copy these pages (or maybe the whole book) to use in my next photo book?
    >
    >Thank you so much for your help!
    >
    >I.B.

I would open this book and go to SAVE AS and give it a new name. Then shuffle the pages you do not wish to use to the end, delete the extra pages and add back new ones which will then be blank pages.
26/8/2009 21:47:03

I.B.
RE:RE:Using existing pages/whole photo book for new projects Reply

>>Hello, dear all,
    >>
    >>I am new to this site and need your help. I’ve created a photo book and really like how some of the pages turned out. How can I copy these pages (or maybe the whole book) to use in my next photo book?
    >>
    >>Thank you so much for your help!
    >>
    >>I.B.
    >
    >I would open this book and go to SAVE AS and give it a new name. Then shuffle the pages you do not wish to use to the end, delete the extra pages and add back new ones which will then be blank pages.

Hi, Alana,

Thank you so much for your reply and the explaination. I've tried saving my book to use as a calendar, but there is no option of saving it as a calendar. Alana, maybe you can advise me how to apply my existing designs to a calendar.

Thank you so much!

I.B.
28/8/2009 12:30:14

Alana
RE:RE:RE:Using existing pages/whole photo book for new projects Reply

>Hi, Alana,
    >
    >Thank you so much for your reply and the explaination. I've tried saving my book to use as a calendar, but there is no option of saving it as a calendar. Alana, maybe you can advise me how to apply my existing designs to a calendar.
    >
    >Thank you so much!
    >
    >I.B.
    >
    Sorry I.B. but the program isn't smart enough to be able to change format from one product to another or one size product to another size product. You are able to create a new Photobook from and existing Photobook, but since a Calendar is a completely different species, you will have to start from scratch. At least you already have your photo albums uploaded and waiting for you.

IF you have a photo editing software where you can build full pages (my world revolves around Photoshop), then you can design a page layout in that program and upload the entire page and resize it for whatever product you choose to use it in. This is the only way I know of to easily duplicate designs from Photobooks to Calendars to CollagePrints to T-shirts... This is actually the way I work. It's also easier to get dimensions exact, make sure things are aligned properly, retouch your photos when you realize you missed something, ...I could continue w/ my essay.

:(
28/8/2009 12:38:42

I.B.
RE:RE:RE:RE:Using existing pages/whole photo book for new projects Reply

>>Hi, Alana,
    >>
    >>Thank you so much for your reply and the explaination. I've tried saving my book to use as a calendar, but there is no option of saving it as a calendar. Alana, maybe you can advise me how to apply my existing designs to a calendar.
    >>
    >>Thank you so much!
    >>
    >>I.B.
    >>
    >Sorry I.B. but the program isn't smart enough to be able to change format from one product to another or one size product to another size product. You are able to create a new Photobook from and existing Photobook, but since a Calendar is a completely different species, you will have to start from scratch. At least you already have your photo albums uploaded and waiting for you.
    >
    >IF you have a photo editing software where you can build full pages (my world revolves around Photoshop), then you can design a page layout in that program and upload the entire page and resize it for whatever product you choose to use it in. This is the only way I know of to easily duplicate designs from Photobooks to Calendars to CollagePrints to T-shirts... This is actually the way I work. It's also easier to get dimensions exact, make sure things are aligned properly, retouch your photos when you realize you missed something, ...I could continue w/ my essay.
    >
    >:(

Alana,

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to me! I will start using Photoshop (I have it, but never used it before) and see how well it works for me. Thank you so much again.

I.B.
29/8/2009 0:49:44

Alana
RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:Using existing pages/whole photo book for new projects Reply

I.B.

I am glad to help, especially people as gracious as you are. If you need help w/ Photoshop let me know. I am on another forum where we provide tutorials for digiscraping, photoediting, Photoshop, and so much more. AND we ALL use Artscow and even give product reviews and sometimes have challenges and end up purchasing our completed projects over hear at AC. I'm also happy to help out off the forum too. Just send me a PM and I should get it w/i a day.

Best Wishes,
    Alana

>Alana,
    >
    >Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to me! I will start using Photoshop (I have it, but never used it before) and see how well it works for me. Thank you so much again.
    >
    >I.B.
29/8/2009 0:55:18
Page 1 of 1, Total 6 1