Your are the 487th Viewer
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 1 of 1, Total 9 1
AuthorPosts

julie kamps
TotalPost:20
Unhappy Reply

Well, I just got my first photo book in the mail today. The inside is beautiful and I am very happy...however, my cover is all messed up. I used one of the kits and the front cover was supposed to say "watch me bloom" but all you can see is "bloo" in the upper right corner - clearly, this is wrong. Worst part is I got five to give as gifts...but of course, I can't give them the way the are. It looks like when the cover was printed, it wasn't centered. So I guess I just want to warn everyone about the cover issue!
29/8/2009 9:20:42

Alana
TotalPost:2347
RE:Unhappy Reply

Be sure to e-mail customer service and insist that they reprint and replace your books for free. Don't let them make you send the books back to them.

Am I assuming correctly that you had allowed 1/4" inside the bleed area for a safety line (although I don't recall any warning or notice indicating that we should allow for this)?
29/8/2009 9:51:43

julie kamps
RE:RE:Unhappy Reply

Not exactly sure what you mean. But there is 2-3 inch vertical white strip on the front and back near the binding. So frustrating!

29/8/2009 11:28:01

Tammy Hughes
TotalPost:3
RE:RE:RE:Unhappy Reply

>Not exactly sure what you mean. But there is 2-3 inch vertical white strip on the front and back near the binding. So frustrating!
    >
    >
    Yah I had the same problem I emailed them and they said they will reship I think they had a problem with the press or something. The books are awesome give them a chance to fix the problem.
29/8/2009 13:22:53

Alana
TotalPost:2347
RE:RE:RE:Unhappy Reply

>Not exactly sure what you mean. But there is 2-3 inch vertical white strip on the front and back near the binding. So frustrating!
    >
    >
    Just wanted to verify it was a Artscow printing problem, and sounds as though it truly is.

I sure wish they would improve quality control so defects like that would not be shipped in the first place. Would save THEM a lot of money and although customers would be annoyed w/ increased time to receive products, a friendly e-mail to apologize for increased production time due to quality control issues might be appreciated rather than being left in the dark and feeling as though it's just taking FOREVER for production and shipping.
29/8/2009 22:03:31

Berry
TotalPost:1021

Dear all,

Sorry about that.

Sorry about that. We got some problem with the digital press and our internal system. The problem was found and solved already.

If you got any photo book problems, please contact our customer services for help, thanks.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Berry
    ArtsCow.com
29/8/2009 22:24:15

julie kamps
RE:RE:Unhappy Reply

I just sent an email to the email on "contact us"- not sure if this is considered customer service or if there is some other email address. I hope the photo books will be corrected.
30/8/2009 9:23:32

Kim
TotalPost:5

>Well, I just got my first photo book in the mail today. The inside is beautiful and I am very happy...however, my cover is all messed up. I used one of the kits and the front cover was supposed to say "watch me bloom" but all you can see is "bloo" in the upper right corner - clearly, this is wrong. Worst part is I got five to give as gifts...but of course, I can't give them the way the are. It looks like when the cover was printed, it wasn't centered. So I guess I just want to warn everyone about the cover issue!

Thank you, thank you thank you!
    The same thing happened to me in a recently recieved order but only difference but weird correllation...... I ordered the same 2 of the same books but on separate days. But the books arrived on in the same package as one order. 1 book is perfect- cover and pages but 2nd book is off center and picture 1/2 showing but the pages were perfect! Im trying to get hold of Arts cow customer service and request they send me a corrected copy with me not returning book.
    I agree with previous reply to you post. We should not be responsible for shippinf reurn to Hong Kong when obviously it was a mistake on their part!
    My case is a perfect example of machine being out of whack for a day because my books are the same but were printed on separate days! = 1 Perfect and 2nd cover offcentered but perfect pages!
    Your post inspired me to pursue this issue. Thanks

BTW I have ordered many books from them in past 2 years and this is first time I have recieved such a poor product.... Hang in there! They usually do a very good job! In fact recieved another book within a week of this order and it was perfect!
30/8/2009 22:55:26

Kim
TotalPost:5

>Well, I just got my first photo book in the mail today. The inside is beautiful and I am very happy...however, my cover is all messed up. I used one of the kits and the front cover was supposed to say "watch me bloom" but all you can see is "bloo" in the upper right corner - clearly, this is wrong. Worst part is I got five to give as gifts...but of course, I can't give them the way the are. It looks like when the cover was printed, it wasn't centered. So I guess I just want to warn everyone about the cover issue!

Thank you, thank you thank you!
    The same thing happened to me in a recently recieved order but only difference but weird correllation...... I ordered the same 2 of the same books but on separate days. But the books arrived on in the same package as one order. 1 book is perfect- cover and pages but 2nd book is off center and picture 1/2 showing but the pages were perfect! Im trying to get hold of Arts cow customer service and request they send me a corrected copy with me not returning book.
    I agree with previous reply to you post. We should not be responsible for shippinf reurn to Hong Kong when obviously it was a mistake on their part!
    My case is a perfect example of machine being out of whack for a day because my books are the same but were printed on separate days! = 1 Perfect and 2nd cover offcentered but perfect pages!
    Your post inspired me to pursue this issue. Thanks

BTW I have ordered many books from them in past 2 years and this is first time I have recieved such a poor product.... Hang in there! They usually do a very good job! In fact recieved another book within a week of this order and it was perfect!
30/8/2009 22:55:45
Page 1 of 1, Total 9 1