Your are the 248th Viewer
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 1 of 1, Total 5 1
AuthorPosts

Danielle Christiansen
TotalPost:201
Making kit contest more fair. Reply

Is there a way to maybe get rid of peoples accounts who are just being sent here to download kits to win the contest? I feel the contest has been very unfair for weeks and several others have noticed it too. We can be on there for a whole day and get a couple downloads. then boom someone loads a kit and has 25 within the hour. I think people are just sending there friends here to download kits then leaving. I would like to see in active accounts discontinued. Maybe it is just me but I have seen some Kits that I have never seen in the photobook gallery in others books at all. win first place. I think it would benefit artscow especially if these people are not ordering products from you. thanks, Danielle
    Yes I know someone will now go vote all my kits a one but that has been happening for a few weeks.
    Danielle
31/8/2009 21:52:48

Catvinnat
TotalPost:627
RE:Making kit contest more fair. Reply

>Is there a way to maybe get rid of peoples accounts who are just being sent here to download kits to win the contest? I feel the contest has been very unfair for weeks and several others have noticed it too. We can be on there for a whole day and get a couple downloads. then boom someone loads a kit and has 25 within the hour. I think people are just sending there friends here to download kits then leaving. I would like to see in active accounts discontinued. Maybe it is just me but I have seen some Kits that I have never seen in the photobook gallery in others books at all. win first place. I think it would benefit artscow especially if these people are not ordering products from you. thanks, Danielle
    >Yes I know someone will now go vote all my kits a one but that has been happening for a few weeks.
    >Danielle

Sadly people who are so inclined will always find ways to manipulate the system.

frankly I can't see artscow deleting any accounts as there is always the chance that someone with an account will eventually become a customer. Nor can I see them imposing any terms of entry on the competition as every kit uploaded
    generates customers of photobooks and photogifts (by my reckoning artscow averages several hundred orders an hour and only a fraction of them are ever displayed in the gallery). As has been said here before its a win win for artscow and a clean sweep for the same designers every week. And while kits are free sales of paid kits will be surpressed.

Ironically I have had a relatively good week with my paid kits (actually broke $10 dollars so hardly a fortune but still better than previous weeks) and it just confirms my decision not to give them away any more - in the end if someone likes your work they will pay to use it - keep smiling girl and don't let the idiots get you down

Catherine
    x

31/8/2009 22:19:41

Danielle Christiansen
RE:RE:Making kit contest more fair. Reply

>
    >Catherine
    you are so right in every thing you said. I guess I needed a vent. I made over $20 this week in sales so it has been a good week.
    >x
    >
    >
31/8/2009 22:37:27

Brooke Adkins (My-Time Scraps)
TotalPost:198
RE:RE:RE:Making kit contest more fair. Reply

Danielle,
    You know Im there with you , I hardly ever win but I do agree and also see what you are saying is going on . Like I said before I think they should run the contest and who ever actually gets the most of thier Kits used on actual products they should win , I do also know I would never win this but I dont think its fair at all for someone to come on hear who isnt here to support artscow but to win money , I use all my winnings to buy stuff on artscow lol I only made 4 dollars last week but its something I will only enter 1 kit a week in the contest and whatver eles I make will be paid and even if I only get one buy per kit I will be happy , It takes so much time to make these kits and to enter them into a contest that is set up anyway is really hard for me to do . Well Im done ranting.

Brooke.

>
    >>
    >>Catherine
    >you are so right in every thing you said. I guess I needed a vent. I made over $20 this week in sales so it has been a good week.
    >>x
    >>
    >>
    >
1/9/2009 0:07:58

Danielle Christiansen
RE:RE:RE:RE:Making kit contest more fair. Reply

It really isn't even about me winning. i look at people Like sooze who have incredible kits every week with tons of comments from people loving them. i see them in lots of books but I rarely see her in the top ten. Even though she is this week yay!
    I am going to start doing the same thing make most of them paid. i had so many this week because I have so many kits sitting in my kit section that were never listed. I figured I better get them out there in case they stop taking in new kits.
    >>>x
    >>>
    >>>
    >>
    >
1/9/2009 0:44:33
Page 1 of 1, Total 5 1