Your are the 441th Viewer
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 1 of 1, Total 10 1
AuthorPosts

Alana
TotalPost:2347
Product Questions - Becoming Frustrated Reply

I am frustrated by unanswered questions which I feel are lost sales for Artscow.

I have a question about the design for hand towels which I posted a little while ago.
    I cannot accurately interpret the diagram in Designer in terms of whether the product is folded in one or both directions or is laid flat.
    I will not order this product because I do not want to waste my money guessing only to find out I guessed wrong. I wanted to sample this product with the potential to add it to my line of products when I finally roll out my new website.

Lindsay Skeens posted a question asking how to turn off the numbers on the face of the watches. Some of the watch designs show images with no numbers or only 4 numbers. I know that Lindsay's design would be compromised with the face numbers showing. I do not know if you would lose another sale due to the lack of reply to her question.

I have seen a number of other questions about products which have gone unanswered and I feel it is a shame because I have had the same questions and I know I would not purchase any of these products without knowing the full details.

I continue to be frustrated by my text placement being printed off the edge of products despite what I feel is safe placement from the edges. There are no dimensions or safety lines shown on any of the templates. Perhaps the addition of both of these elements might be all I need to convince me to purchase some of the products which I have dropped from my list because they are too much of a hassle to get them to register properly. I need the text to advertise my business, and I cannot stick it too far into my design as it detracts from the actual artwork. I cannot fathom it would be so difficult to add safety lines, just a faint dashed line, to the templates.

Please help. I have a small base of products I expect to be purchasing a large quantity of in the future, but I would like to expand that base. I just need to be comfortable that I know how the products will turn out consistently. And I think it is within Artscow's capabilities.
2/9/2009 21:48:33

Berry
TotalPost:1021
RE:Product Questions - Becoming Frustrated Reply

Forum is a way for members to discuss/share, it is not a q & a section. If you got any questions, send emails to our customer services. Thanks.

1. For watches designs, you can use "basic designer" instead of "silverlight designer", you can change the no text or 4 digits for the watches.

2. For bleeding area, for most products, if you leave 1/2" bleeding area for most items, it will be perfect fit. Don't be too closed to the border.

3. If you got big quantity need to order, you can email us to check the designs for you before order.

-----------------------------------------------
    Berry
    ArtsCow.com
2/9/2009 23:13:23

Alana
RE:RE:Product Questions - Becoming Frustrated Reply

>Forum is a way for members to discuss/share, it is not a q & a section. If you got any questions, send emails to our customer services. Thanks.

Still frustrated. I completely misunderstood, as I feel so many other members did, that the forum is NOT a place for Q&A. It appears that a large percentage of the postings are Q&A, showing me that your members need help. I thought I was helping by answering questions, and did not mean to change the intent of the forum or overstep my bounds.

To give you an example of customer service's Q&A ability, here is my latest correspondence with them. I sent an e-mail to Customer service with two issues/questions, and neither was addressed in the response I received. Many of us have time sensitive questions, and many of us have had to do the ping pong dance with customer service just to get an adequate response.

MY E-MAIL:
    "I had two versions of two-sided necktie in my Saved Designs, and although they were completed and I had ordered, they were still showing up in the uncompleted designs. I deleted one version of the tie so as not to confuse it with the CORRECT version, which I had ordered and BOTH ties were deleted. If at all possible, would you please replace the product two-sided tie, titled "In Principio - new" back into my saved designs.

ALSO, I have been wanting to design and order hand towels, but the diagram in Silverlight is misleading. The diagram appears to show the towel folded on two sides. Is this the intent? Does this mean that I can only place a design in 1/4 of the entire front surface area of the towel? Please clarify. Your attention to these two matters is greatly appreciated.

Sincerly,
    Alana Glaves"

CUSTOMER SERVICE RESPONSE:
    "Hi,

They show as "unfinished" product if there are some part you have not filled up, like you have not enter any text in some text boxes. But if you think the design is fine, you can just place the order with it.

Thank you."

So it appears to me as though my questions are not intended to be answered, I should let other members flounder on their own, and if I can't figure it out on my own, or don't feel like figuring it out I should just go elsewhere.

That's a shame. I was fighting for you, it looked like you were trying hard to work on customer satisfaction. Now I am just confused. :(
7/9/2009 20:32:33

NT
TotalPost:191
RE:RE:RE:Product Questions - Becoming Frustrated Reply

Hi, Alana,
    It's a bug that the Artscow folks need to fix. I had the same problem, too. I was frustrated at first, but them later on I kind of ignoring it as "what the hell". Why worry as long as I get my correct version ordered.
    Ngoc

>>Forum is a way for members to discuss/share, it is not a q & a section. If you got any questions, send emails to our customer services. Thanks.
    >
    >Still frustrated. I completely misunderstood, as I feel so many other members did, that the forum is NOT a place for Q&A. It appears that a large percentage of the postings are Q&A, showing me that your members need help. I thought I was helping by answering questions, and did not mean to change the intent of the forum or overstep my bounds.
    >
    >To give you an example of customer service's Q&A ability, here is my latest correspondence with them. I sent an e-mail to Customer service with two issues/questions, and neither was addressed in the response I received. Many of us have time sensitive questions, and many of us have had to do the ping pong dance with customer service just to get an adequate response.
    >
    >MY E-MAIL:
    >"I had two versions of two-sided necktie in my Saved Designs, and although they were completed and I had ordered, they were still showing up in the uncompleted designs. I deleted one version of the tie so as not to confuse it with the CORRECT version, which I had ordered and BOTH ties were deleted. If at all possible, would you please replace the product two-sided tie, titled "In Principio - new" back into my saved designs.
    >
    >ALSO, I have been wanting to design and order hand towels, but the diagram in Silverlight is misleading. The diagram appears to show the towel folded on two sides. Is this the intent? Does this mean that I can only place a design in 1/4 of the entire front surface area of the towel? Please clarify. Your attention to these two matters is greatly appreciated.
    >
    >Sincerly,
    >Alana Glaves"
    >
    >CUSTOMER SERVICE RESPONSE:
    >"Hi,
    >
    >They show as "unfinished" product if there are some part you have not filled up, like you have not enter any text in some text boxes. But if you think the design is fine, you can just place the order with it.
    >
    >Thank you."
    >
    >So it appears to me as though my questions are not intended to be answered, I should let other members flounder on their own, and if I can't figure it out on my own, or don't feel like figuring it out I should just go elsewhere.
    >
    >That's a shame. I was fighting for you, it looked like you were trying hard to work on customer satisfaction. Now I am just confused. :(
7/9/2009 21:34:31

Alana
RE:RE:RE:RE:Product Questions - Becoming Frustrated Reply

>Hi, Alana,
    >It's a bug that the Artscow folks need to fix. I had the same problem, too. I was frustrated at first, but them later on I kind of ignoring it as "what the hell". Why worry as long as I get my correct version ordered.
    >Ngoc

No, I deleted one file and BOTH disappeared. I CANNOT order ANY now.
    PLUS, I asked a question about the hand towels, as I could not get an answer here, and my question was ignored.

AND Berry stated that the FORUM is not for Q&A, so I feel that my answering questions might be upsetting Artscow by encouraging members to ask questions, and using the forum in a way it was not intended to be used.

But thank you very much for responding.
7/9/2009 23:11:30

ann
TotalPost:188

Berry if you would look up Alana's history of posts you would find that she performs a lot of "customer service" for you, answering questions all the time, which your own employees should be answering. Some questions are addressed directly to her because of her continued assistance on the forums. Unfortunately, your customer service people either do not understand the language well enough to understand the questions, or possibly really don't intend to help very much. In either case your customers are trying to get around this frustration by answering questions for each other, which is very handy for you but is not really a good long term business model.

In fact, if you had a customer service "forum" where questions were answered publicly by your company, then you would eventually resolve the problems, reduce the number of inquiries as answers became available, and have fewer frustrated customers. Instead you have just told us that we are not intended to use the forums for question and answers. Perhaps you should think about this a little more.

(also, perhaps you should reward Alana once you see all the work she has done on your behalf)
7/9/2009 23:14:14

Alana
Product Questions - Becoming Frustrated - Am I the Only One Who Cares? Reply

For anybody playing along at home,I received another response from Customer Service. It is useless to me.

"Sorry, if you deleted the file then we can't retrieve the file back to your account. You have to create the product again if you want to order more in the future. For the hand towel, This is how the product like and here is the size of the hand towel. The Approx. dimensions: 12.5" x 30" inches"

1. I did not delete the file, a glitch in the system deleted TWO files when I tried to delete one.

2. IF customer service had understood my problem from the beginning, I feel quite certain they could have restored the file. I know they have done it before, and it is much more likely to be done right after the file was deleted. This is NOT an easy design to recreate. Too bad Artscow doesn't care so much about my being able to purchase more. I only purchased 12 of that design so far, but foresaw many more, when I finally get my mom's website done - which we are getting close now.

3. I already know the size of the hand towel. I have been asking if the shadows shown in the diagram in Silverlight Designer indicate folds. MEANING - is only 1/4 of the towel being shown???

Just an open discussion here regarding my frustration with Customer Service and their poor responses which in this case are actually non-responses for all intent and purposes. AND the need for a place where we CAN get our questions answered, help correct issues due to computer glitches, give us information so that we may feel comfortable making purchases, and understand how to use Artscow.com to successfully design and complete our purchases.

This REALLY irks me though, I have invested a lot of money trying out products in hopes of using Artscow as my supplier. I guess I know why I have never had issues with paying more for customer service - it goes a LONG WAY. I would like to see how this plays out because I have continued to give Artscow the benefit of the doubt. I am losing patience though, especially when I can't get a reasonable response ANYWHERE!
9/9/2009 22:26:16

lindsay
TotalPost:49
RE:Product Questions - Becoming Frustrated Reply

I agree with both Alana and Ann. I have emailed customer service about an issue with the 099MCPURSE coupon code, which clearly isn't working properly, and have yet to receive a response, even beyond the maximum amount of time it said it would take to get a reply. I'm not the only one having the issue, as it's been discussed here (starting third post from the bottom):

http://forum.artscow.com/ShowPost.aspx?ThreadId=30489&Page=7

Perhaps a section where we can ask questions would be an easier way of doing things. As Ann stated, it would be very useful, and save the same queries being asked over and over again. I know that I've had many questions answered, just by reading the posts by members on the forum.

I really think that this is something to consider.

Thank you,

Lindsay
10/9/2009 1:14:44

ann
TotalPost:188
RE:RE:Product Questions - Becoming Frustrated Reply

I also e-mailed customer service regarding the coupon. They did respond, but only to ask me what time zone I was when I placed the order with the coupon. That's just baloney, I'm certain their software could tell them EXACTLY when I placed an order, but I replied that I used the clock on the forums to identify when it was midnight in Hong Kong and then moved to another window with the (already loaded) shopping cart and entered the coupon. It couldn't have taken 30 seconds. I am well aware of time zone issues.
    I tried again at 12:01 Hong Kong time to make sure the new day had started and it didn't work. Since you had already tried for sereral days I just gave up and paid the extra dollar.

Bothersome to see that they do this false advertising thing.
    Also concerning, all the posts about mistakes in books lately with poor color quality and stuck together pages and off centered items. Seems as if their new technique is to require us to ship back defective items. They're not going to stay in business if their produce poor products!

sigh--I doubt anyone from the company will even read these posts
12/9/2009 0:55:24

Alana

>sigh--I doubt anyone from the company will even read these posts

Reading and responding are two different things.

FYI, I think that all of customer service is just not adequately informed of the most current information. Refer to the following exchange from another post. I believe Berry's response:

I have now received two different responses, one from Customer service, another from Berry, regarding the 099MCPURSE code.
    From customer service:

Hi,

No, this coupon hasn't expired yet. Please find the details below: Our counter time is in Hong Kong time which is (GMT+8) Please try this very earlier at our time 00.00am. Thank you.

Coupon code: 099MCPURSE
    Expires on: 09/15/2009

--
    Best Regards,

ArtsCow.com Teams
    (even though I clearly stated that I have attempted to place my order at midnight HONG KONG time.)

And from Berry:

$0.99 is not available already.

$1.99 deal will also be discontinued soon, maybe before the expire day.

Keep in mind, we reserve the rights to change it. Too many order received, we have to stop it.

Berry
12/9/2009 1:03:25
Page 1 of 1, Total 10 1