Your are the 581th Viewer
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 1 of 1, Total 9 1
AuthorPosts

cindi
TotalPost:8
Credits & Special Discount Offers - expired items? Reply

why do the "expired" items show up on that page?

how can i get rid of them?

it's annoying to have to wade thru a ton of expired items to see the ones that aren't expired.
17/9/2009 23:25:05

Cheryl
TotalPost:105
RE:Credits & Special Discount Offers - expired items? Reply

You could sort by date that way all the expired stuff would be together

>why do the "expired" items show up on that page?
    >
    >how can i get rid of them?
    >
    >it's annoying to have to wade thru a ton of expired items to see the ones that aren't expired.
18/9/2009 0:31:17

cindi
RE:RE:Credits & Special Discount Offers - expired items? Reply

it is set by date... & actually since today is 9/17 & the things that are claimed to be expired say 9/17 as the expiration date, why does it say that? i should still have today to order if i wanted to.

it's hard to know what's what around here. seems not many things have free shipping, & then the shipping is high - & you have to balance what would cost more.. the item, or the shipping...
18/9/2009 0:35:58

Alana
TotalPost:2347
RE:RE:RE:Credits & Special Discount Offers - expired items? Reply

I think the expired items disappear in a day or two. It is kind of annoying. Usually I don't have more than one item expire on the same day, but if I did, it would be confusing.

As for what is the best deal; it is a little bit tricky between the Special Sale, Coupons (usually through e-mail), free credits and free shipping offers.

If you have a Coupon for a discounted item with free shipping, as far as I have seen, this has ALWAYS been the best deal.

The Special Sale items with free shipping are generally are a better deal than free credits plus shipping, but when you start to buy multiple items, the discounted shipping rate might end up lowering the overall cost making the free credit route less expensive than the Special Sale rate. Also, be aware that there is a glass ceiling on the number of times you are allowed to use the Special Sale coupons for each particular item. You have to have a Magic 8 Ball to know what that special number of times is though.

Free shipping is only a good deal if there are no other offers available. (Check me on this though) My theory is that the cost of shipping is less than the cost of an item, hence it makes sense to use free credits. (My brain is trying to tell me there is an exception, but it won't surface right now.)

Heck though, if you're going to pay full price for an item, you might as well go through one of the affiliate sites where you can get reduced shipping all of the time.

And then there are often a couple of other discounts offered here and there, but you have to pay attention to be aware of them even though they might be right under your nose.
18/9/2009 12:57:53

Cheryl
TotalPost:105
RE:Credits & Special Discount Offers - expired items? Reply

You have this down pretty good Alana.

I did notice if I am going to need multiples of the same item it is much cheaper for the shipping to order them all together as the first item is the higher shipping cost and then it is less for each extra item. I printed the shipping cost and keep it handy as its easier that way to figure it out. Take the cushion cases that are a special deal I need to order about 12-15 of them for xmas it will be cheaper for me to use free credits rather then the special sale if I was getting 1 it would be cheaper for the special sale.

>why do the "expired" items show up on that page?
    >
    >how can i get rid of them?
    >
    >it's annoying to have to wade thru a ton of expired items to see the ones that aren't expired.
18/9/2009 17:59:59

cindi
RE: special sales Reply

now i just have to figure out what 'special sale' things actually are. (something listed on the site but not thru email, or what?)

hard to keep all these things straight! (is this meant to confuse?)
18/9/2009 21:05:57

cindi
RE:RE: special sales Reply

now i just have to figure out what 'special sale' things actually are. (something listed on the site but not thru email, or what?) also, what are coupons? i've been staying away from this place due to some trouble w/a photobook from ages ago, so i'm not familiar with all the terms.

all i know about is the stuff thru email, some which seem to be added to your list manually, & others which are 'checkout codes' which you can't add (but it still seems you should be able to, to be used at checkout), & which probably get lost in the shuffle due to that peculiarity. then i guess there's some you can google but who knows if those are any different from the ones in email. then of course there's ones that show up on the table in your one area, but i'm not sure where those come from in the first place (or if i added those by some code a long time ago).

hard to keep all these things straight! (is this meant to confuse?)

p.s. like for instance, i edited this to add another line, & now i'm stuck in some edit/preview mode, which has no post mode. hmmm...... so i had to go back & put as a reply or else lose it, since i was caught in a loop w/no end.

>now i just have to figure out what 'special sale' things actually are. (something listed on the site but not thru email, or what?)
    >
    >hard to keep all these things straight! (is this meant to confuse?)
18/9/2009 21:11:53

Alana
TotalPost:2347
RE:RE:RE: special sales Reply

Sorry Cindi, let's see if I can clarify a little, but it IS still confusing.

"Special Sale" items are identified on the Main Artscow (AC) website under their own tab. They refresh each day at Midnight Hong Kong time and the codes shown are "Checkout Codes"

Credit/Discount codes are the free credits. These are what you trade and swap, you get them for signing up, and some codes can be entered to generate credits (i.e. 8X8SEP2009 can be entered through Sept 30/2009 Hong Kong time to generate 8 free 8x8 photobooks, 5 20 page and 5 39 page. Once entered, there will be a 1 month expiration time) You will sometimes find these codes advertised on the internet

Coupon Codes are generally sent originally through the mail to those people who have signed up for the AC newsletter, but there really is no rhyme or reason as to who receives them from that list. These are usually limited time offers for reduced priced items with free shipping, and they are Checkout Codes. These codes are then shared on the internet, on the forum, you could find them just about anywhere - except USUALLY not advertised directly through AC.

The other assorted "deals" aren't generally better offers anyway, so if I wouldn't worry so much about it. You can always post and ask if someone knows of a better deal for such and such...

I think AC was having probs w/ the forum last night, so that could have been your problem w/ the edit window.

Hope this helps some.
18/9/2009 23:50:13

cindi
RE:RE:RE:RE: special sales Reply

thanks a ton!

>Sorry Cindi, let's see if I can clarify a little, but it IS still confusing.
    >
    >"Special Sale" items are identified on the Main Artscow (AC) website under their own tab. They refresh each day at Midnight Hong Kong time and the codes shown are "Checkout Codes"
    >
    >Credit/Discount codes are the free credits. These are what you trade and swap, you get them for signing up, and some codes can be entered to generate credits (i.e. 8X8SEP2009 can be entered through Sept 30/2009 Hong Kong time to generate 8 free 8x8 photobooks, 5 20 page and 5 39 page. Once entered, there will be a 1 month expiration time) You will sometimes find these codes advertised on the internet
    >
    >Coupon Codes are generally sent originally through the mail to those people who have signed up for the AC newsletter, but there really is no rhyme or reason as to who receives them from that list. These are usually limited time offers for reduced priced items with free shipping, and they are Checkout Codes. These codes are then shared on the internet, on the forum, you could find them just about anywhere - except USUALLY not advertised directly through AC.
    >
    >The other assorted "deals" aren't generally better offers anyway, so if I wouldn't worry so much about it. You can always post and ask if someone knows of a better deal for such and such...
    >
    >I think AC was having probs w/ the forum last night, so that could have been your problem w/ the edit window.
    >
    >Hope this helps some.
19/9/2009 8:36:26
Page 1 of 1, Total 9 1