Your are the 789th Viewer
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 1 of 1, Total 5 1
AuthorPosts

Leon
TotalPost:1
Playing cards border help needed Reply

I am trying to add a border to a set of playing cards, on the face side of the cards (I want a black border), but as much as I try this function doesn't seem to work. Can anyone offer a step-by-step guide since there is no real help guide to this?

Thanks.
29/10/2009 19:12:41

Alana
TotalPost:2347
RE:Playing cards border help needed Reply

Select the border menu.

Then, you need to click on the card to select it (it should be outlined in blue when it is selected).

Next, select the color for your border, black (click on the box w/ the filled in rectangle and a drop down should appear w/ several colors for you to choose from).

Lastly, drag the slider from 0 to the desired size border you want (you should see the border grow around your card).

And, as I finished these instructions, I realized that the I THINK that the border function will only work if you have used the layout function vs dragging and dropping your image onto the card to fill the entire card.

SO, you must start your card by using the add layout button and dragging and dropping your image into the green square. Then, manipulate the square to the size/shape you want...
29/10/2009 22:39:59

Wes
TotalPost:2

I have this exact problem. What if the face of you card doesn't have an image? Mine have text, which I want a colored border around. How do I do this?

Very frustrating and not intuitive...
21/3/2015 21:38:31

CeciliaAC
TotalPost:591
RE:RE:Playing cards border help needed Reply

Dear Wes,

Feel free to email support@artscow.com for assistance. Thank you!

Best regards,
    Cecilia

>I have this exact problem. What if the face of you card doesn't have an image? Mine have text, which I want a colored border around. How do I do this?
    >
    >Very frustrating and not intuitive...
15/4/2015 16:42:26

RD
TotalPost:1619

This might work...

I chose the 54 Design Rectangular Playing Cards and selected Silverlight.

You will need to design the face of each card individually. Click on a card and then click on the tab “BORDER” on the right side of the screen. In the window that opens select “SHAPES”. I selected “Round Rectangle” by clicking and dragging it to my face card. This leaves a box to which you can add a photo as it displays “Drop Photo Here” text. Using the handles on this box stretch it to fill the entire card. Then go back and click on the “BORDER” tab again to display the window that allows you to select the border colour and its width. Select your desired colour and then use the slide bar to adjust the width of the border on your card (HINT: make note of the number that appears on the slide bar so that you can be sure to have the identical border width on all face cards).

In your case since you want to add only text to your face card you will need to create a “dummy” photo so to speak. I did this by using the “Paint” program that comes with Microsoft, but you could use other programs as well such as PHOTOSHOP. In my case I simply opened “Paint” and saved the image as a white background in JPEG format. You then upload this “dummy” image to your album in Artscow. Once uploaded you can double click it in Silverlight and you will be left with a blank face card with a rectangular border.

Now click on the “ADD TEXT” tab at the top and you can add your desired text.

Hope this is of some help.

15/4/2015 21:51:22
Page 1 of 1, Total 5 1