Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 1 of 1, Total 5 1
AuthorPosts

Meta Meulenbelt Cancer
TotalPost:47
What is a handbag hanger? Reply

Hi all,

Thank you very much for the christmas gift! I immediately opened it, and saw that I had a free handbag hanger (amongst lots of other goodies). What I don't understand, what is it used for? Does anybody know?

Thanks!
    Meta
    The Netherlands
4/11/2009 20:03:13

Alana
TotalPost:2347
RE:What is a handbag hanger? Reply

I've never used one myself, but my best understanding is it unfolds so that when you are somewhere where there is not an ideal place to set your purse, i.e. a ladies restroom when you are washing your hands and the lavatory is covered with water, then you have a handy hook to hook to the sink. Beats putting your nice new Bucket Bag or Shoulder Bag on the floor. :)
6/11/2009 5:30:19

Lyn Clarke
TotalPost:322

Yes--especially with all the flu that is expected this year--the purse hanger allows you to "hang" your purse from the edge of a table at a restaurant or over the edge of a toilet stall door so you do not have to place your purse on the floor with all the yucky germs.

I do not know if Dr Mehmet Oz is in Holland yet, but he was recently warning his TV audience to really be aware of where we place our purses. He also suggested that we place our purse near the front door and not bring the germs into the house.

Funny enough, it was the first item I ordered 15 minutes after I opened the Christmas gift!!
6/11/2009 23:30:50

Turquoise Rose
TotalPost:81

I've never used a purse hanger but from what I understand it is just as Lyn described. The big round disk part is put onto a surface and the hook part is hanging down. Then, you can put your purse in the hook and the weight of your purse will hold the disk in place...
7/11/2009 5:43:34

Meta Meulenbelt Cancer
TotalPost:47

Thank you everyone for your explanation! No, there hasn't been any warning about purses here, but I must admit, I only bring my bags to my work, and then back home. I rarely take it to a restaurant or so.

Meta
8/11/2009 17:07:12
Page 1 of 1, Total 5 1