Your are the 767th Viewer
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 1 of 1, Total 17 1
AuthorPosts

Bre
TotalPost:17
Shipping times on books??!!! HELPPP Reply

Can anyone give me any glimmer of hope?! I ordered multiple photobooks on 11/22. I am terrified I wont get these 4 xmas gifts at least by the 17th. Everyone's posts on here aren't very reassurring. I wondered if anyone ordered lately and actually had GOOD turnaround time????
25/11/2009 9:12:46

myphotos
TotalPost:505
RE:Shipping times on books??!!! HELPPP Reply

That's not even a month, so that would be pushing it. Maybe/probably by the 25th, though (unless they're overwhelmed by orders.)
    It all depends on how busy they are, and how fast the mail itself is.
    I've had books ordered and to my door within around 2 weeks, while others come in about a month (plus a few days). A month is a common waiting time. I've posted some of my waiting times in the photo book review section.

It seems like they had a guarantee on here that if you ordered by their deadline (in November), that they would come by Christmas... or you get some free product. I didn't pay much attention to that offer since getting a free product if your order doesn't come isn't the same as an absolute guarantee that the product will be in your hands on the 25th, no matter what.. even if it has to be sent overnight.
6/12/2009 9:09:28

Diann
TotalPost:116

My books were shipped on Oct 29th and I haven't seen them yet. I got the standard email response when I inquired... 8-12 BUSINESS days. Well its been way over that but they are blaming it on the Christmas mail.
    I ju st hope they are worth the wait. Mine are Christmas gifts as well and need to be mailed to to the recipients! I know they will be ok if they are a little late and it the quality is good I will order earlier next year.
    Diann
6/12/2009 9:36:03

myphotos
TotalPost:505
RE:RE:Shipping times on books??!!! HELPPP Reply

I would bet you'll get this this week. During busy seasons, my books tend to be just over the month mark-- maybe 5 weeks. The recent books that I have received are amazing. They blow last year's books away-- the quality overall (paper and printing) has gone up greatly. Hopefully yours will arrive in time. Ordering early is very important (AT LEAST 6 weeks, ideally longer than that if you want to review them, ship them off to someone, and have a little leeway), especially with the shipping distance. Someone wrote on here that the some Hong Kong mail is being held by the postal service. I can't remember what the reason was, and I didn't check to see if that was true. For the price, I'll happily accept around a month. It used to make me impatient, but I've gotten in the habit of ordering early and forgetting about it for a while. If the longer wait means they'll check them for quality control more, then I'll go with it (even though I, too, would love to have them sooner.) Even if they produce them in only 2 weeks, the mail easily adds another 1-2 weeks to that. With that said, I've had books produced and in my hands with 2 weeks-- but that's pretty rare. Prints and ornaments tend to be faster. I had one order that got lost in the mail, so it took a long time to wait-- then it didn't come. I e-mailed AC and they immediately processed and shipped me out another-- very happy with their response to that one. Out of everything (!!!) I've ordered, that was the only item lost in the mail. Like I said, hope yours come in very soon. I would imagine they'll get here soon enough for you to send them out with some rapid mail service.

>My books were shipped on Oct 29th and I haven't seen them yet. I got the standard email response when I inquired... 8-12 BUSINESS days. Well its been way over that but they are blaming it on the Christmas mail.
    >I ju st hope they are worth the wait. Mine are Christmas gifts as well and need to be mailed to to the recipients! I know they will be ok if they are a little late and it the quality is good I will order earlier next year.
    >Diann
    >
6/12/2009 13:14:16

DeniseAck
TotalPost:80

Hi Bre-- we have a great list compiled on this thread: http://forum.artscow.com/ShowPost.aspx?ThreadId=44170 The average does seem to be about 4 weeks, so sorry to say, you may have cut it too close. I hope they come in time for you. I also wish there was some kind of tracking they could offer to see where it's at, just like the USPS and UPS do

I just did 18 books--split into orders of 8/8/2 books. The orders of 8 each got combined into a large box and it arrived 16 days from time of order. I just realized the order of 2 wasn't included in the box. Ugh! What a disappointment! I don't know if these 2 got delayed in the mail of regular sized packages (vs. the box which may have gone via a different mailing method) or if they just got lost altogether. I also cut it too close--ordered on Nov. 11th and needed them all for today, Dec. 6th. And their email said to expect delivery between 11/26-12/1. AAAAAARGH!
7/12/2009 2:08:22

Sherry
TotalPost:25

I ordered my book on November 11th and have still not received it either. I am hoping that they will arrive soon, my book was also ordered for a gift, but I have to give mine on the 19th of this month, so I am really sweating it.

>Can anyone give me any glimmer of hope?! I ordered multiple photobooks on 11/22. I am terrified I wont get these 4 xmas gifts at least by the 17th. Everyone's posts on here aren't very reassurring. I wondered if anyone ordered lately and actually had GOOD turnaround time????
7/12/2009 11:48:55

Michal Robertson
TotalPost:1

I placed an order on Oct 22 and still haven't seen my books. They are re-processing the order but won't upgrade shipping. Mine will not be here by Christmas. I would rather pay more and have better service somewhere else.
7/12/2009 14:05:08

Sherry
TotalPost:25

I am with you, I don't think I will be ordering again, too bad because I had a lot of layouts in the stand by. I wanted to see how this order went first, I am glad I waited. I recommended the site to 2 co workers, they have both recieved their orders but one of them was disappointed and the other was shorted part of her order and now she won't have her ornaments for christmas either!
    I don't know what to do about my book! I am so bummed out!

>I placed an order on Oct 22 and still haven't seen my books. They are re-processing the order but won't upgrade shipping. Mine will not be here by Christmas. I would rather pay more and have better service somewhere else.
7/12/2009 21:34:10

Sandy
TotalPost:2

Uh-oh. I had no idea that turnaround took that long. I ordered a 100 pg 12x12 book and 20 pg 8x8 book on 12/2/09 and expected it to be her well before Christmas, based on the stated processing time of 4 to 5 business days, then 6 to 12 business days in transit. I also ordered a 40 pg 8x8 book and a handbag on 12/5 and hoped they would be here by the 24th as well. :(
10/12/2009 13:59:33

Catvinnat
TotalPost:627

>
    >Uh-oh. I had no idea that turnaround took that long. I ordered a 100 pg 12x12 book and 20 pg 8x8 book on 12/2/09 and expected it to be her well before Christmas, based on the stated processing time of 4 to 5 business days, then 6 to 12 business days in transit. I also ordered a 40 pg 8x8 book and a handbag on 12/5 and hoped they would be here by the 24th as well. :(

Last stated date for christmas delivery was 30 November.

This morning I received an item posted 13 November but yetarday I got one that was shipped 26th so there is no reason to it whatsoever I'm afraid. Everything I ordered up to 30 November has been dispatched but whether it will arrive is another matter.

I was checking national suppliers last night and even they are saying 14 business days here in the uk so thats not really any better.

Hope your stuff arrives in time
10/12/2009 22:10:47

KLH Sagittarius
TotalPost:240
RE:RE:RE:Shipping times on books??!!! HELPPP Reply

I ordered a 5x7 book on Nov. 13. It was shipped Nov. 24 (7 business days processing). The estimated delivery was Dec 2-7. I received it today, Dec. 10th. That's 12 business days shipping. As a side note, I ordered 50 4x6 prints and 50 5x7 prints Nov. 30 from Artscow. They were shipped Dec. 1. I ordered 100 photo cards from a different site the same day (Nov. 30), and received them Dec 7 - MUCH faster shipping time.
11/12/2009 2:57:55

Diann
TotalPost:116

I am still waiting, my books were shipped Oct 29th. It is so frustrating!
    After seeing some of the post about the poor quality of the books I get queasy just thinking about them.
    I am just not sure its worth all this upset for a few dollars saved?
    I loved my dog tags and umbrella and the calendar was fantastic, all arrived within a reasonable time frame...I can't imagine why so long for the books????
    Still waiting and dreading at the same time L O L
    Diann
14/12/2009 23:08:53

Mom
TotalPost:1

>Wish I could help you but I am waiting for books and all kinds of holiday gifts that I ordered in what I felt was plenty of time. I am very disappointed.
15/12/2009 10:49:04

Denise Rainford
TotalPost:9
RE:RE:RE:Shipping times on books??!!! HELPPP Reply

I don't understand...I placed my order over a week ago and it is not ecen printed yet. I paid extra for fed ex to get the books to Australia for a friend....not happy
15/12/2009 22:09:47

Sandy
TotalPost:2

I ordered a photo book on Dec 2nd and it is still "processing". My other more recent items have already been shipped, but my very first order with this company appears to be stuck.
16/12/2009 0:48:51

Katie
TotalPost:3

I ordered two 12x12 photobooks Nov 9. I just got them today. It took just a bit over a month.
    I ordered a few 8x8 photobooks Nov 11. I got them on Dec 1
16/12/2009 12:28:49

michele
TotalPost:6

8X8 BOOKS HAVE 10 DAYS PROCESSING TIME AND 20 DAYS SHIPPING....TAKES 30 DAYS TO RECEIVE 8X8 BOOKS

12X12 BOOKS HAD 24 DAYS PROCESSONG TIME AND I AM HOPING 20 DAYS SHIPPING TIME, SINCE THESE WERE CHRISTMAS PRESENTS WE NEVER RECEIVED.....TAKES A TOTAL OF AT LEAST 44 DAYS

PLAN AHEAD!
    ALSO BE REALLY CAREFUL WITH MARGINS, 8X8 COVER PRINTED A FULL HALF INCH OFF ON ALL OF MY 8X8 BOOKS, LOOKS PERFECT ON THE SCREEN.
27/12/2009 8:12:07
Page 1 of 1, Total 17 1