Your are the 541th Viewer
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 1 of 1, Total 14 1
AuthorPosts

Ellan
TotalPost:49
Just Reporting a Color Problem in my books. Reply

I wanted to report that I've had 2 or 3 orders now where the tan colors are coming out quite yellow. Barry write to me if you want specifics. I have several examples. It really shows up in this one: http://www.artscow.com/share/l2i5025tgfsu
    and both colors are affected. I know it's there all the time but is only became a problem recently. Hope you will double check the calibration. Thanks
30/11/2009 6:04:07

Alana
TotalPost:2347
RE:Just Reporting a Color Problem in my books. Reply

Ellan, if it's not too much trouble, would you post some pictures so we can all see?
    There is much continued concern about the photobook quality and every post like yours is very helpful to the rest of us. Thank you for sharing.
1/12/2009 20:17:28

Ellan
RE:RE:Just Reporting a Color Problem in my books. Reply

Hi sorry Alana, I don't have the book any longer. I've already given it away. Here's the link http://www.artscow.com/share/p4xvbij866af I'm sure you can see the color appears very tan or cream. The book came out yellow and because the yellow setting is off, the 'blue green" is off also. This was a very soft color pallette and AC had made it quite harsh. I was disappointed, and as I have the photos purged so I could make a book for me from this design, butt I won't do that now because of the color. Have a good day.

>Ellan, if it's not too much trouble, would you post some pictures so we can all see?
    >There is much continued concern about the photobook quality and every post like yours is very helpful to the rest of us. Thank you for sharing.
    >
2/12/2009 1:45:34

myphotos
TotalPost:505

That's a shame that they appeared yellow. I've occasionally had the red tint.
    Lately, the books that I've ordered came out good. Was the yellow very bad in yours, or more subtle like the red sometimes is?
6/12/2009 9:04:38

DeniseAck
TotalPost:80

I agree--the covers of my books came out with more yellow in them. The blue came out turquoise-y, the white sign was obviously yellowish, and the faces look too tan. Not intolerable, but noticeable to me. The interior pages' colors are perfect though.
7/12/2009 2:12:16

Katie
TotalPost:3

>I wanted to report that I've had 2 or 3 orders now where the tan colors are coming out quite yellow. Barry write to me if you want specifics. I have several examples. It really shows up in this one: http://www.artscow.com/share/l2i5025tgfsu
    > and both colors are affected. I know it's there all the time but is only became a problem recently. Hope you will double check the calibration. Thanks

I recently ordered a few 8x8 photobooks as well as 12x12 photobooks.
    I received the 8x8 photobooks first. The color in the 8x8 ones looks awesome!! All the images were sharp. The only bad thing is the quality of the book itself. The pages separate from the spine. I hope they don't fall off after we flip through them a few times....
    I was really looking forward to getting the 12x12 photobooks. I finally got them today, and was quite disappointed. In one of them, most of the pages appear very blurry. The colors don't look quite right...There's too much yellow in them. There was also a mix up in the order. I paid to get the logo removed in one of the photobooks, but I got removed in the other photobook.
16/12/2009 12:24:33

Alana

Katie - be sure to contact customer service about all of your issues. Send photos to illustrate the issues for fastest service.

mail to support@artscow.com
16/12/2009 12:36:02

Ellan

Hi Don't know why but I gave you the wrong link in the beginning to the book that shows yellow. Here: http://www.artscow.com/share/p4xvbij866af
    This is the book where the tans came out yellow and of course, this yellowing also affected the blues in this particular book. It shows up correctly on screen, but not in person.
    I suppose you could say it was a subtle difference, but you really notice when the whites aren't even white where they are supposed to be.
    In my opionion it's a definite calibration problem. They can check on that and should keep a constant check on it.
16/12/2009 15:32:55

Mi
TotalPost:50

I just received my book today and there's color problem too. My problem is all the purple colour became dark pink and the light pink became dark pink too. So, if you have a purple background, it turned out to be very dark dark pink. I'm quite disappointed with this qualiy!
23/12/2009 10:48:43

Jana simons
TotalPost:8

My order must have been in a similar batch -too much pink-red in all my pix- everyone looks sunburned with pink lipstick!
29/12/2009 4:57:30

Alana
RE:RE:RE:Just Reporting a Color Problem in my books. Reply

>
    > My order must have been in a similar batch -too much pink-red in all my pix- everyone looks sunburned with pink lipstick!

Jana, I don't think it's a batch problem, it's been going on for a LONG LONG time.
29/12/2009 5:21:04

Mi
RE:RE:RE:RE:Just Reporting a Color Problem in my books. Reply

If this problem has been going on for a long time, I think Artcow should rectify it. If not, then more and more people will be disappointed about their productions like me! Coz it's a gift for my friend, it made me feel so bad to give her such a 'low quality' product!

29/12/2009 8:18:13

Alana
RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:Just Reporting a Color Problem in my books. Reply

>If this problem has been going on for a long time, I think Artcow should rectify it. If not, then more and more people will be disappointed about their productions like me! Coz it's a gift for my friend, it made me feel so bad to give her such a 'low quality' product!
    >
    >

Makes perfect sense to you and I. You can try contacting customer service, but the best you can hope for is a refund and you will either have to return the book at your expense or perhaps they will be satisfied w/ documentation that the book has been destroyed. I am sure your friend knows that it's not your fault.
29/12/2009 8:23:16

Mi
RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:Just Reporting a Color Problem in my books. Reply

Thanks, Alana, I will for sure try your suggestion.
30/12/2009 10:32:28
Page 1 of 1, Total 14 1