Your are the 915th Viewer
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 1 of 1, Total 6 1
AuthorPosts

Feng
TotalPost:17
My First Photobook Arrived - Not so happy Reply

I finally got the very first photobook I ordered from Artscow. It took a little more than a month before I got them and got disappointer when I got it. There's a bit of a white space on top of the book pages. And on the cover (front, back and spine) there's also a bit of white space on the bottom part. There were also pages were a small part were cut off. And I'm sure I didn't leave any white areas in the design I saved. http://www.artscow.com/share/t2f1uis83iwh

I'm still waiting for the second book I ordered. I hope it's better than this one.

10/12/2009 16:48:38

Catvinnat
TotalPost:627
RE:My First Photobook Arrived - Not so happy Reply

>I finally got the very first photobook I ordered from Artscow. It took a little more than a month before I got them and got disappointer when I got it. There's a bit of a white space on top of the book pages. And on the cover (front, back and spine) there's also a bit of white space on the bottom part. There were also pages were a small part were cut off. And I'm sure I didn't leave any white areas in the design I saved. http://www.artscow.com/share/t2f1uis83iwh
    >
    >I'm still waiting for the second book I ordered. I hope it's better than this one.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

its not always possible to tell from the previw whether there will be any white areas - you have to carefully check the grey bleed area on each page in designer and make sure it is fully covered.

on the preview you can see white on the spine so I am guessing that you didn't fill the bleed area on the cover or the other pages either.

There is the facility to get Artscow to check for you - just go into the book check area of this forum and they will check all the adges and bleed areas for you. You need to allow an extra few days for this service.
    Hope this helps

10/12/2009 23:56:20

Feng
RE:RE:My First Photobook Arrived - Not so happy Reply

>its not always possible to tell from the previw whether there will be any white areas - you have to carefully check the grey bleed area on each page in designer and make sure it is fully covered.
    >
    >on the preview you can see white on the spine so I am guessing that you didn't fill the bleed area on the cover or the other pages either.
    >
    >There is the facility to get Artscow to check for you - just go into the book check area of this forum and they will check all the adges and bleed areas for you. You need to allow an extra few days for this service.
    >Hope this helps
    >

Thanks. I'll try that service for my upcoming orders. I did carefully check the pages though. I even have a bit of my layout that went into the gray area just to be sure there won't be any white areas on the final product.
12/12/2009 23:42:09

Marea
TotalPost:59
RE:RE:RE:My First Photobook Arrived - Not so happy Reply

>>its not always possible to tell from the previw whether there will be any white areas - you have to carefully check the grey bleed area on each page in designer and make sure it is fully covered.
    >>
    >>on the preview you can see white on the spine so I am guessing that you didn't fill the bleed area on the cover or the other pages either.
    >>
    >>There is the facility to get Artscow to check for you - just go into the book check area of this forum and they will check all the adges and bleed areas for you. You need to allow an extra few days for this service.
    >>Hope this helps
    >>
    >
    >Thanks. I'll try that service for my upcoming orders. I did carefully check the pages though. I even have a bit of my layout that went into the gray area just to be sure there won't be any white areas on the final product.

From my experience you have to allow more than a few days for a Photobook Review. I requested a Review on my photobook on 1st December and it is now 13th December and I still have not had a Review. I had Photobook credits which have expired while I have been waiting. I wanted to order 5 of the books. Not happy at all.
13/12/2009 15:16:30

Feng
RE:RE:RE:RE:My First Photobook Arrived - Not so happy Reply

>From my experience you have to allow more than a few days for a Photobook Review. I requested a Review on my photobook on 1st December and it is now 13th December and I still have not had a Review. I had Photobook credits which have expired while I have been waiting. I wanted to order 5 of the books. Not happy at all.

I got a reply on a request I made the other day. Berry said all I need to do is click on "Fit". I did as he told me but when I checked the preview, everything that was on the grey area was cut off. I remember checking with their customer service before I ordered my very first book. They said I shouldn't put anything on the grey area because that will be cut off. I am so confused. What's the use of the preview if it's not how it will turn out in the final product?
14/12/2009 21:35:44

Catvinnat
TotalPost:627
RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:My First Photobook Arrived - Not so happy Reply

>>From my experience you have to allow more than a few days for a Photobook Review. I requested a Review on my photobook on 1st December and it is now 13th December and I still have not had a Review. I had Photobook credits which have expired while I have been waiting. I wanted to order 5 of the books. Not happy at all.
    >
    >I got a reply on a request I made the other day. Berry said all I need to do is click on "Fit". I did as he told me but when I checked the preview, everything that was on the grey area was cut off. I remember checking with their customer service before I ordered my very first book. They said I shouldn't put anything on the grey area because that will be cut off. I am so confused. What's the use of the preview if it's not how it will turn out in the final product?

Feng
    thats the whole point - EVERYTHING IN THE GREY AREA WILL BE CUT OFF. Its called the bleed area. If you don't fill the bleed area with something, even a plain coloured background you run the risk of having white edges to your pages.
    Are you uploading layouts that you have completed in another programme? If so you can zoom in and out to resize so that everything is not in the grey area and then drop a coloured background onto each page using silverlight. That will give you a small coloured border on each of your pages like I have done in this book
    http://www.artscow.com/share/dyv1dvt4p9hr

if you are designing in silver light make sure that the background fills the whole grey area but that none of your important elements such as pictures text or wordart are in the grey area as you will lose them when they print and trim the pages.
    Hope this helps
16/12/2009 0:59:15
Page 1 of 1, Total 6 1