New Topic | Reply to Topic | New Vote
Your are the 459th Viewer
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 1 of 1, Total 5 1
AuthorPosts

michele
TotalPost:6
what are you going to do to prove your honor since you did not come through on christmas gaurantee? Reply

I ordered 5 8x8 books and 2 12X12 books on novemebr 28th and have never received anything. I was guaranteed shipment before christmas. I could not afford other gifts so am left embarassed and sad. I believe that you should stand up to your promise and refund my money. Where is my order and where is my money, this was my first order, was it all a scam? Is this company a fraudulent website? I do not know since you took my money and gave me nothing in return. I am so sad, you nearly ruined our christmas. My 80 year old grandparents love the photobooks from shutterfly in the past and were so looking forward to this years book, is there even one coming. I would like my order found, reshipped and my money refunded. thank you
26/12/2009 12:35:19

Alana
TotalPost:2347
RE:what are you going to do to prove your honor since you did not come through on christmas gaurante Reply

Michelle,

I just wanted to give you a heads up so you know some of the information you might of missed, and what, if any options MIGHT be presented to you by Artscow. I agree that it completely sucks that you did not have anything in hand to present to your friends/family for Christmas. Our understanding of a guarantee is that something will be provided, or else, but we do not usually expect the "or else" to come into play. Unfortunately, it appears that that part of the guarantee will have to come into play.

Here is a link to the second version of Christmas Guarantee published by Artscow https://www.artscow.com/2009Christmas.html (don't get hung up on my mention of a 2nd version, it is only for consistency sake on a related matter that should not directly affect you). You will see that IF your items purchased prior to Nov 30th do not arrive by Christmas, and none of the noted exceptions apply, THEN you are entitled to compensation in the form of a 12x12 photo book, shipping NOT included. The link does indicate that this is PART of the Christmas guarantee, but there is no indication as to what, if anything, the rest of the guarantee entails, and as always, that is up to Artscow to interpret. This MAY leave you room to request a refund.

However, in all likelihood, you will receive your books albeit belated, and in order to receive a refund you will be required to return the books, at your cost, to Hong Kong. So keep this in mind as to whether this is really the outcome you desire. Artscow does offer fantastic prices for their photo books (with the use of the free credits), although one of the drawbacks is the amount of time it generally takes for them to arrive from the day your order to the day they arrive. Many times I am pleasantly surprised, and other times I am on pins and needles waiting for my latest creation.

I hope this at least gives you a chance to decide what your ideal outcome is in your situation. I would then suggest that you contact Customer Service to be sure that you receive a response. Lastly, on the off chance that you decide to use Artscow again, I will list a few codes to enter into your Credit & Discount section which will create more Free Credits for you to use for Prints, Collages and 8x8 Books. Be sure to enter them prior to the exp. Date indicated. Times indicated are based on Hong Kong Standard time, which can be easily determined by the clock at the bottom of the main forum site.

Best Wishes,
    Alana

Coupon code: 8X10PRINTS
    Expires on: 12/31/2009

Coupon Code: 520P8X8BKS
    Exp: 12/28/2009

Coupon Code: XMAS8X10
    Exp: 12/24/2009 (doesn't hurt to try still)

26/12/2009 13:47:10

Karen
TotalPost:100
RE:RE:what are you going to do to prove your honor since you did not come through on christmas gaura Reply

Hello Alana,

I hope you had a nice Christmas, I wonder since you post so much here do you actually work for Artscow? :)
    Anyway, I like a lot of people didn't get something for Christmas however I started ordering in October because last year I got nothing. I think it's simply time for Artscow to be honest, it does take at least 2 months for books, every single large one I have ordered and in a non Christmas season. People need to just spread the word and stand up unless promises in writing are not honored. I don't care what country the merchandise is sent from, if you deal with customers and take their money up front you should be require to provide the product in the timely manner that you either state or imply. I won't ever refer another person to this company.

>Michelle,
    >
    >I just wanted to give you a heads up so you know some of the information you might of missed, and what, if any options MIGHT be presented to you by Artscow. I agree that it completely sucks that you did not have anything in hand to present to your friends/family for Christmas. Our understanding of a guarantee is that something will be provided, or else, but we do not usually expect the "or else" to come into play. Unfortunately, it appears that that part of the guarantee will have to come into play.
    >
    >Here is a link to the second version of Christmas Guarantee published by Artscow https://www.artscow.com/2009Christmas.html (don't get hung up on my mention of a 2nd version, it is only for consistency sake on a related matter that should not directly affect you). You will see that IF your items purchased prior to Nov 30th do not arrive by Christmas, and none of the noted exceptions apply, THEN you are entitled to compensation in the form of a 12x12 photo book, shipping NOT included. The link does indicate that this is PART of the Christmas guarantee, but there is no indication as to what, if anything, the rest of the guarantee entails, and as always, that is up to Artscow to interpret. This MAY leave you room to request a refund.
    >
    >However, in all likelihood, you will receive your books albeit belated, and in order to receive a refund you will be required to return the books, at your cost, to Hong Kong. So keep this in mind as to whether this is really the outcome you desire. Artscow does offer fantastic prices for their photo books (with the use of the free credits), although one of the drawbacks is the amount of time it generally takes for them to arrive from the day your order to the day they arrive. Many times I am pleasantly surprised, and other times I am on pins and needles waiting for my latest creation.
    >
    >I hope this at least gives you a chance to decide what your ideal outcome is in your situation. I would then suggest that you contact Customer Service to be sure that you receive a response. Lastly, on the off chance that you decide to use Artscow again, I will list a few codes to enter into your Credit & Discount section which will create more Free Credits for you to use for Prints, Collages and 8x8 Books. Be sure to enter them prior to the exp. Date indicated. Times indicated are based on Hong Kong Standard time, which can be easily determined by the clock at the bottom of the main forum site.
    >
    >Best Wishes,
    >Alana
    >
    >Coupon code: 8X10PRINTS
    >Expires on: 12/31/2009
    >
    >Coupon Code: 520P8X8BKS
    >Exp: 12/28/2009
    >
    >Coupon Code: XMAS8X10
    >Exp: 12/24/2009 (doesn't hurt to try still)
    >
    >
26/12/2009 15:02:52

Alana
TotalPost:2347
RE:RE:RE:what are you going to do to prove your honor since you did not come through on christmas ga Reply

Hey Karen,

HA HA!!!! I am definitely not on the AC payroll. I just feel badly for all the confusion, and the posts which go unanswered. I am almost as frustrated as everybody else, although I already KNOW how ridiculously long things take to get to me, and that responses don't always come as quickly as I think they should, and that the language barrier is at least at cause for a portion of the heartache, so in that respect I know what I am getting into. But I still have my issues, including the focus on new customers rather than maintaining existing customers recently APPEARS to be more important to AC. However, I have also seen sincere efforts on Artscow's part on several occasions to rectify mistakes, I just don't know that it is enough. But that is also for each individual customer to decide.

In this case I only hope to provide the MANY people who did not receive their gifts in time for Christmas with the necessary information that was/is available to them at the time of purchase. I hope that this will serve to help each person prepare for whatever course of action they see fit to take, and have things resolved as quickly as possible. Nobody needs to be holding onto frustration and dragging things out any longer than necessary. I am sure that most people will miss my point, but hopefully many others will use it to their advantage.

And yes, I agree with you that the processing and shipping times should either be updated, or adequate staff and provisions should be made to be able to meet the times indicated. Denise started a post leading up to the holiday season for people to post their processing and shipping times, in hopes of helping customers estimate how far in advance to order. I think we should all make an effort to add our times to it, and AC should take a good look at it and figure out ways to make their claims true. You'll note that I have posted some ridiculously long wait times for many of my orders, and I don't even have half of my orders logged.
    http://forum.artscow.com/ShowPost.aspx?ThreadId=44170

I wish you the best Karen - it's been nice bumping into such a friendly person as you. I am certainly not confined her on AC, so feel free to send me a PM and I'll give you some contact info and share more info that could help you elsewhere.

Alana
26/12/2009 15:32:17

ann
TotalPost:188
RE:what are you going to do to prove your honor since you did not come through on christmas gaurante Reply

Good luck Michelle. I am already finding that customer service does not want to compensate me for undelivered product...despite the fact that I ordered it in October. Unfortunately the product was produced wrong (12 x 12 pages were printed at 12 x 14). Artscow is replacing them at no cost to me (as is only right) but thus far, the fact that they didn't arrive by Christmas in the size and shape they were supposed to doesn't appear to be a reason to honor their Christmas guarantee to me. I hope this will change.
27/12/2009 10:02:43
Page 1 of 1, Total 5 1