New Topic | Reply to Topic | New Vote
Your are the 508th Viewer
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 1 of 1, Total 2 1
AuthorPosts

Santina
TotalPost:2
Canvas prints - is the canvas bigger than the print size to allow for mounting? Reply

Hi - I was wondering if the canvas is bigger then the print size, to allow for mounting on a wooden frame?

Thanks
11/1/2010 19:41:09

Ashaloo
TotalPost:154
RE:Canvas prints - is the canvas bigger than the print size to allow for mounting? Reply

>Hi - I was wondering if the canvas is bigger then the print size, to allow for mounting on a wooden frame?
    >
    >Thanks

I've not purchased an unstretched canvas myself, but from what I understand from others' comments is that it does not have any extra canvas area at the edges to allow for mounting.

(See the comments under the 8x10 unstretched canvas @ http://www.artscow.com/photo-gifts/Canvas/Canvas-8-x-10-343)
    "Posted by Darin Kerr 7/28/2009 1:38:26 PM

I was very pleased with the quality of the 11X14 canvas print I received from artscow. The canvas is thick with visible texture and the colors are rich and vibrant. However, like many of you, I was puzzled on how to mount it. It is cut to exact size 11X14 so I couldn't stretch it onto an 11X14 frame and have room to fasten it. I didn't want to put it behind glass as it would then be no different than a regular photograph. I wanted to frame it uncovered so it would appear to look like a painting.

I discovered a self-stick art/needlework mounting board from preson.com, available at most craft and frame shops. Commonly used to mount needle point projects. It was inexpensive and simple to mount, only took a minute. And looks great. You can center your canvas print easily, press it onto the pressure sensitive adhesive board and it remains smooth and wrinkle free. Great for all forms of art on fabric/canvas. Problem solved!

I would like to see artscow produce these canvas prints with a water proof ink or top coating so they could be cleaned with a damp cloth. As it is now, a drop of water or a sweaty finger will ruin your print. Someone solve this problem and these canvas prints become a superb product. I will be ordering more. Thanks for the great deals artscow. "

-----------------------------------------------
14/1/2010 6:42:13
Page 1 of 1, Total 2 1