Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 1 of 1, Total 8 1
AuthorPosts

Paula Bauer
TotalPost:22
Can someone provide some Photoshop help Reply

Hello,

I'm making my first scrapbook in honoring my two kitties that have passed. This book is so very important to me. I would love to know how to make all these gorgeous template but that will be for another time. I'd like to use photoshop to make some "titles" for my pages. Does anyone have any tutuorials they can share with me? I use PS 6. I guess my big questions are how to do keep the transparent background and what is the best format to save it in for uploading. Thanks in advance.

Paula
11/2/2010 20:00:14

Catvinnat
TotalPost:627
RE:Can someone provide some Photoshop help Reply

Paula
    to save with a transparent background save it as a png file. You will need to crop away all of the unused space around the edge to make it easy to use in silverlight designer.
    If you google photoshop elements tutorials you will get lots of hits.
    Its addictive - enjoy!
12/2/2010 7:57:53

Paula Bauer
RE:RE:Can someone provide some Photoshop help Reply

>Paula
    >to save with a transparent background save it as a png file. You will need to crop away all of the unused space around the edge to make it easy to use in silverlight designer.
    >If you google photoshop elements tutorials you will get lots of hits.
    >Its addictive - enjoy!

Thank you! I did save it as a .png file and then uploaded but when I tried to place it in my photobook the background would disappear. So do you know what I am doing wrong? Yes, it is addictive!
13/2/2010 9:18:21

Ashaloo
TotalPost:154
RE:RE:RE:Can someone provide some Photoshop help Reply

>Thank you! I did save it as a .png file and then uploaded but when I tried to place it in my photobook the background would disappear. So do you know what I am doing wrong? Yes, it is addictive!

Maybe you should click the "Add Layout" button and then drag and drop your title into the new layout box...
    -----------------------------------------------
    "Just Add Dirt"

13/2/2010 11:28:06

Paula Bauer
RE:RE:RE:RE:Can someone provide some Photoshop help Reply

>>Thank you! I did save it as a .png file and then uploaded but when I tried to place it in my photobook the background would disappear. So do you know what I am doing wrong? Yes, it is addictive!
    >
    >
    >Maybe you should click the "Add Layout" button and then drag and drop your title into the new layout box...

Thank you so very much....I am just learning this program. That fixed my problem.
13/2/2010 22:28:12

Mikell Robinson
TotalPost:93

As another poster said, you can google and find lots of free tutorials, including video tutorials (there are a lot at youtube.com also). What I most recommend is a free mini-class at jessicasprague.com. It opened my eyes to a lot of features and how-tos. You can find the class itself here at the link below. You will see where it says "Free Class." One of the options is a digital class. Enjoy!

http://www.jessicasprague.com/

>Hello,
    >
    >I'm making my first scrapbook in honoring my two kitties that have passed. This book is so very important to me. I would love to know how to make all these gorgeous template but that will be for another time. I'd like to use photoshop to make some "titles" for my pages. Does anyone have any tutuorials they can share with me? I use PS 6. I guess my big questions are how to do keep the transparent background and what is the best format to save it in for uploading. Thanks in advance.
    >
    >Paula
12/5/2010 5:05:08

Ellan
TotalPost:49

Hi, if I understood you right you are still having trouble with the ping. They only way I know to get a ping to work is to actually make a personal 'kit' and upload as an embellishment to there and then access that kit from you design page. I would call this a little more advanced, but if you can figure the kit part out, you can upload any individual piece you want. GL
2/7/2010 1:44:50

snackpackgu
TotalPost:144
RE:RE:Can someone provide some Photoshop help Reply

>Hi, if I understood you right you are still having trouble with the ping. They only way I know to get a ping to work is to actually make a personal 'kit' and upload as an embellishment to there and then access that kit from you design page. I would call this a little more advanced, but if you can figure the kit part out, you can upload any individual piece you want. GL

This is probably way too late, but if you're uploading wordart and your background layer is disappearing when you drop the wordart in, I think you might have had the wordart uploaded as a background and not an embellishment. Just a thought.

-----------------------------------------------
    Snackpackgu's Free Templates - http://www.artscow.com/design-templates/snackpackgu

Snackpackgu's Scrapbooking Kits - http://www.artscow.com/digital-scrapbooking/snackpackgu

11/2/2011 3:40:29
Page 1 of 1, Total 8 1