Your are the 1023th Viewer
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 1 of 1, Total 6 1
AuthorPosts

Harris Stevens
TotalPost:16
Artscow Sacm??? Reply

Ordered 2 of the same photo books,ans noticed literally 1 min. after placing order,that the cover text and photo was off center in the little icon. I did not notice this in the preview as there are no ruler reference points or grids for positioning,unless using std. template layouts.
    So.. I looked for the cancel button and found that I could not cancel the order through the website.
    I e-mailed Artscow CS and was informed that the process had started as soon as I summited the order and it could not be reversed!!!
    I would dhave to ship the books back and cover postage costs both ways which would be almost the price of the book!!!
    So...even though on almost ALL websites,when you place and order, you can ALWAYS reverse it if you notify the business immediately.

Furthermore....my books haven't even been printed yet and it has been about 10 days, so why can't Artscow have a way to interrupt the order process withing a few hours of payment?
    I could understand it if the books were printed the same,or next day and out the door.....

I think Artscow makes most of their money,not by book printing,but by outrageous shipping charges considering they ship media mail, 2-3weeks delivery.

Shutterfly books cost 2Xas much,but at least you can cancel an order within 30 mins. of placing an orderand shipping within the USA is 2-3 days!!!
4/3/2010 1:36:43

Alana
TotalPost:2347
RE:Artscow Sacm??? Reply

I do wish we were able to cancel an order immediately after placing one.
4/3/2010 10:35:18

CeciliaAC
TotalPost:591
RE:Artscow Sacm??? Reply

>Ordered 2 of the same photo books,ans noticed literally 1 min. after placing order,that the cover text and photo was off center in the little icon. I did not notice this in the preview as there are no ruler reference points or grids for positioning,unless using std. template layouts.
    >So.. I looked for the cancel button and found that I could not cancel the order through the website.
    >I e-mailed Artscow CS and was informed that the process had started as soon as I summited the order and it could not be reversed!!!
    >I would dhave to ship the books back and cover postage costs both ways which would be almost the price of the book!!!
    >So...even though on almost ALL websites,when you place and order, you can ALWAYS reverse it if you notify the business immediately.

>
    >Furthermore....my books haven't even been printed yet and it has been about 10 days, so why can't Artscow have a way to interrupt the order process withing a few hours of payment?
    >I could understand it if the books were printed the same,or next day and out the door.....
    >
    >I think Artscow makes most of their money,not by book printing,but by outrageous shipping charges considering they ship media mail, 2-3weeks delivery.
    >
    >Shutterfly books cost 2Xas much,but at least you can cancel an order within 30 mins. of placing an orderand shipping within the USA is 2-3 days!!!

Hello,

I am sorry about the issue. But this is the second time you asked to cancel your order after we solve the first case even though it has been printed. We asked you to make sure everything is correct when you place your orders next time in the first case. I hope you understand. Thank you!

Best regards,
    Cecili
4/3/2010 12:06:28

Harris Stevens
RE:RE:Artscow Sacm??? Reply

>
    >I am sorry about the issue. But this is the second time you asked to cancel your order after we solve the first case even though it has been printed. We asked you to make sure everything is correct when you place your orders next time in the first case. I hope you understand. Thank you!
    >
    >Best regards,
    >Cecili

Yes, true, but it is your fault as well...first,you have no ruler guides for placement of text or pictures if I am designing from scratch. So it is quite easy to be off by eying the preview alone.

But the REAL prob. here is that you allow for NO cancellations via your website AT ALL.

You claim everything is set in motion and cannot be stopped, but here it is 10 DAYS LATER NOW and my book hasn't even been printed YET!!!

You could have easily modified your software for ordering, to offer cancellation before printing begins...

I STILL say you just want the postage fees!!!

5/3/2010 12:24:56

CeciliaAC
TotalPost:591
RE:RE:RE:Artscow Sacm??? Reply

>
    >>
    >>I am sorry about the issue. But this is the second time you asked to cancel your order after we solve the first case even though it has been printed. We asked you to make sure everything is correct when you place your orders next time in the first case. I hope you understand. Thank you!
    >>
    >>Best regards,
    >>Cecili
    >
    >
    >Yes, true, but it is your fault as well...first,you have no ruler guides for placement of text or pictures if I am designing from scratch. So it is quite easy to be off by eying the preview alone.
    >
    >But the REAL prob. here is that you allow for NO cancellations via your website AT ALL.
    >
    >You claim everything is set in motion and cannot be stopped, but here it is 10 DAYS LATER NOW and my book hasn't even been printed YET!!!
    >
    >You could have easily modified your software for ordering, to offer cancellation before printing begins...
    >
    >I STILL say you just want the postage fees!!!
    >
    >

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion.

Best regards,
    Cecilia
5/3/2010 14:06:45

Harris Stevens
RE:RE:RE:RE:Artscow Sacm??? Reply

>>[B][B]
    >>>
    >>>I am sorry about the issue. But this is the second time you asked to cancel your order after we solve the first case even though it has been printed. We asked you to make sure everything is correct when you place your orders next time in the first case. I hope you understand. Thank you!
    >>>
    >>>Best regards,
    >>>Cecili

The best way for both you and the customer, would be to allow cancellation with in a reasonable time (1 hr.- 1 day?)

BUT...NO refunds,only a credit for future purchases...

That way,the customer can re-order the book without paying for shipping and waiting a month to get and weeks to return for credit.
    Since the credit would be for re-orders, you would not loose any money either!

6/3/2010 1:18:29
Page 1 of 1, Total 6 1