Your are the 456th Viewer
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 1 of 1, Total 6 1
AuthorPosts

Alice Pearce
TotalPost:190
Questions about stretched canvas Reply

I am ordering a 12 x 18" stretched canvas but I can't quite figure out how to get the "preview" display the end product. I dragged and dropped the picture on the canvas then zoomed in so the baby image looked larger on the screen. But when I went to "preview" the image showed exactly as before the zoom. I would like to be able to add captions i.e. baby's name and birthday etc near the bottom edge of the finished canvas. But if I don't know exactly where the edge is, how can I be sure that my captions won't get cut off?
23/10/2010 1:05:47

CeciliaAC
TotalPost:591
RE:Questions about stretched canvas Reply

Hello Alice,

You need to cover all bleed area to avoid white borders but leave details 1/4" away from the bleed area to avoid being cut off. Thank you!

Best regards,
    Cecilia

>I am ordering a 12 x 18" stretched canvas but I can't quite figure out how to get the "preview" display the end product. I dragged and dropped the picture on the canvas then zoomed in so the baby image looked larger on the screen. But when I went to "preview" the image showed exactly as before the zoom. I would like to be able to add captions i.e. baby's name and birthday etc near the bottom edge of the finished canvas. But if I don't know exactly where the edge is, how can I be sure that my captions won't get cut off?
25/10/2010 16:57:49

Alice Pearce
RE:RE:Questions about stretched canvas Reply

>Hello Alice,
    >
    >You need to cover all bleed area to avoid white borders but leave details 1/4" away from the bleed area to avoid being cut off. Thank you!
    >
    >Best regards,
    >Cecilia

Cecilia,

Thank you for your reply. I understand about the bleed area. What I don't understand is that the preview doesn't seem to show my work correctly. I have zoomed in to make the imagine larger when I used Silverlight to design my canvas. But when I went to preview, the imagine looked like I didn't zoom in at all. I am not sure if the end product will look like what I see in the preview or on the screen where my work is.

Alice
25/10/2010 21:28:02

CeciliaAC
TotalPost:591
RE:RE:RE:Questions about stretched canvas Reply

Hello Alice,

Please email us the name of the design and state the problem. We will take a look at it for you. Thank you!

Best regards,
    Cecilia

>>Hello Alice,
    >>
    >>You need to cover all bleed area to avoid white borders but leave details 1/4" away from the bleed area to avoid being cut off. Thank you!
    >>
    >>Best regards,
    >>Cecilia
    >
    >Cecilia,
    >
    >Thank you for your reply. I understand about the bleed area. What I don't understand is that the preview doesn't seem to show my work correctly. I have zoomed in to make the imagine larger when I used Silverlight to design my canvas. But when I went to preview, the imagine looked like I didn't zoom in at all. I am not sure if the end product will look like what I see in the preview or on the screen where my work is.
    >
    >Alice
    >
26/10/2010 17:35:53

Alice Pearce
RE:RE:RE:RE:Questions about stretched canvas Reply

2/11/2010 23:28:51

DeniseAck
TotalPost:80
RE:Questions about stretched canvas Reply

Hi Alice--
    1--Definitely get the stretched vs. unstretched canvases http://forum.artscow.com/ShowPost.aspx?ThreadId=62563
    2--I ordered a stretched canvas from another company some time back and what they did was mirror the 2 inches around the perimeter for the overlap. If you have Photoshop or another editing program, try to make a new canvas at 16x22 and mirror 2 inch perimeter slices as new layers. Make sure that the area being mirrored is only background stuff. You don't want to have someones arms in a portrait duplicated! Make sure the main part of the image is well away from the edge.

You should have received them by now. How did they come out?
9/12/2010 10:58:52
Page 1 of 1, Total 6 1