Your are the 520th Viewer
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 1 of 1, Total 6 1
AuthorPosts

Karl Bralich
TotalPost:55
Photo Book Skin Tones Reply

The photo books I have ordered over the years so far have been great, except that they always seem to exaggerate the red in skin tones, at least for the people I'm taking pictures of. I'm about to order a lot more books (coupons welcome!) and have two sets for files to choose from. I took down the saturation of reds in one set to adjust for Artscow printing. Just checking to see if artscow happened to have fixed this problem lately or if I should use my new files to print

I know artscow has heard of this issue before but don't know what it is about.

Thanks!
    -----------------------------------------------
    www.peaklightimages.com
24/10/2010 1:40:25

Alice Pearce
TotalPost:190
RE:Photo Book Skin Tones Reply

>The photo books I have ordered over the years so far have been great, except that they always seem to exaggerate the red in skin tones, at least for the people I'm taking pictures of. I'm about to order a lot more books (coupons welcome!) and have two sets for files to choose from. I took down the saturation of reds in one set to adjust for Artscow printing. Just checking to see if artscow happened to have fixed this problem lately or if I should use my new files to print
    >
    >I know artscow has heard of this issue before but don't know what it is about.
    >
    >Thanks!

I didn't know what you meant until I received my 6 x 6 baby book this afternoon. The tones were way off, from images to captions. The blues and reds were grossly exaggerated and it did not look good at all. I have had ordered an 8 x 8 and a 6 x 6 books from AC before and they both turned out, not top quality, but nice. This one I just received today is not anywhere near the acceptable standard. I was going to make a series of books for our son from age 0 - 10, as a set. Now I worry if they will all look like this one. I am making this set to be his 10th birthday present. Maybe I should order them locally. It will cost more but at least the quality will be guaranteed.
2/11/2010 6:33:34

Marion Gates
TotalPost:51
RE:RE:Photo Book Skin Tones Reply

Pls look at the other thread - Received my 6-6 photobook and not very happy - I put in some pictures of the book I just received...way too much red AGAIN! Not really satisfied with this...if this will be again an issue for the next book I ordered (it is shipped but I have not received it yet) I will quit ordering colored stuff from Arstcow. Probably I will try just black and white pics....why do they always have this issue?
4/11/2010 11:04:14

Alice Pearce
RE:RE:RE:Photo Book Skin Tones Reply

why do they always have this issue?

My guess is that they cannot handle high volume of photo books in such a short time. When AC announced the 99-cent share and shout deal, a lot of us most have ordered at the same time. So AC had to rush these orders to get them out as a result printing and quality control could be compromised. But this is enough to scare me off. I was going to order 9 more 6 x 6 books to make a set but now I am going to order them locally, unless AC can prove that they can do better quality control. I have to admit there's nowhere else you can get photo books this cheap but I can't stand looking at my last book... if the purpose of making these books is to treasure good memories, no point to make something you don't want to look at.
4/11/2010 23:10:46

Trisha
TotalPost:102
RE:RE:RE:RE:Photo Book Skin Tones Reply

Alice,

Did you email AC about your problem? What did they say? Are they going to reprint your book?

>why do they always have this issue?
    >
    >My guess is that they cannot handle high volume of photo books in such a short time. When AC announced the 99-cent share and shout deal, a lot of us most have ordered at the same time. So AC had to rush these orders to get them out as a result printing and quality control could be compromised. But this is enough to scare me off. I was going to order 9 more 6 x 6 books to make a set but now I am going to order them locally, unless AC can prove that they can do better quality control. I have to admit there's nowhere else you can get photo books this cheap but I can't stand looking at my last book... if the purpose of making these books is to treasure good memories, no point to make something you don't want to look at.
5/11/2010 11:11:58

Alice Pearce
RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:Photo Book Skin Tones Reply

>Did you email AC about your problem? What did they say? Are they going to reprint your book?

Trisha,

Nah. This problem is not new one to AC. It's a 99-cent book, not worth my time to contact them for the hassles. AC also knows most people wouldn't bother to reprint a 99-cent book with "minor" problems so I doubt that they will take this too seriously.
5/11/2010 12:49:46
Page 1 of 1, Total 6 1