Your are the 1673th Viewer
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 1 of 1, Total 15 1
AuthorPosts

Hope
TotalPost:81
OK, I'm confused....FREE or not? Reply

I have used several FREE kits in the past. Now when I try to use them, there is a charge. I don't understand this. I thought if you added a kit that was marked FREE, it would remain FREE. I am not talking about those kits which are FREE for a limited time only.

For example, the APPLE CIDER kit. It was FREE when I used it last fall. Now if I try to use it, there is a charge. When I check my kit collection, it still says FREE but then in parentheses (Paid) with the number of the order which used the kit.
18/1/2011 14:39:50

Jen
TotalPost:202
RE:OK, I'm confused....FREE or not? Reply

Wow, I just checked my kits collection - in which I only ever add free kits, and found 12 kits that now have a cost associated. I deleted them all. Artscow is NOT supposed to allow this - they clearly state:

Hurry Up!
    When the kits contest finished, some FREE beautiful designer kits maybe change back to Paid Kits. Therefore, add your favorite free kits to "My Kits", they will be free for lifetime in your account. Even the kits designers change to paid kits later, it will still remain free in your account.

Hope, I think that if your Apple Cider kit still says FREE then it won't cost you anything to use it. I have a few kits that I used last spring that still say free, the paid in parentheses just refers to the fact that you used it in an order. I think :)

Jen

18/1/2011 22:38:54

Hope
RE:RE:OK, I'm confused....FREE or not? Reply

>
    >Wow, I just checked my kits collection - in which I only ever add free kits, and found 12 kits that now have a cost associated. I deleted them all. Artscow is NOT supposed to allow this - they clearly state:
    >
    >Hurry Up!
    >When the kits contest finished, some FREE beautiful designer kits maybe change back to Paid Kits. Therefore, add your favorite free kits to "My Kits", they will be free for lifetime in your account. Even the kits designers change to paid kits later, it will still remain free in your account.

>
    >Hope, I think that if your Apple Cider kit still says FREE then it won't cost you anything to use it. I have a few kits that I used last spring that still say free, the paid in parentheses just refers to the fact that you used it in an order. I think :)
    >
    >Jen
    >
    >

Jen,

Here's how I found out. I'm creating a photo book and using the kit "Little Monster," for example, which I had added FREE. There are two ways to check to see if you are now being charged: While creating the book, use something from that kit, then click on "Remove Kits." It will show you which kits you have used in that project and the fee (if applicable). You have the option to remove that kit from the project. A second way is to create the book, then add to your cart and checkout. You will see the charges associated with each kit (if applicable).

I would really like Artscow to address this issue. Don't say it will stay FREE forever if sometime later there is a charge.
19/1/2011 11:19:34

Trisha
TotalPost:102
RE:RE:RE:OK, I'm confused....FREE or not? Reply

The same thing happened to me. All of my kits were added FREE but recently I found some kits now have a cost associated.

>>
    >>Wow, I just checked my kits collection - in which I only ever add free kits, and found 12 kits that now have a cost associated. I deleted them all. Artscow is NOT supposed to allow this - they clearly state:
    >>
    >>Hurry Up!
    >>When the kits contest finished, some FREE beautiful designer kits maybe change back to Paid Kits. Therefore, add your favorite free kits to "My Kits", they will be free for lifetime in your account. Even the kits designers change to paid kits later, it will still remain free in your account.

>>
    >>Hope, I think that if your Apple Cider kit still says FREE then it won't cost you anything to use it. I have a few kits that I used last spring that still say free, the paid in parentheses just refers to the fact that you used it in an order. I think :)
    >>
    >>Jen
    >>
    >>
    >
    >Jen,
    >
    >Here's how I found out. I'm creating a photo book and using the kit "Little Monster," for example, which I had added FREE. There are two ways to check to see if you are now being charged: While creating the book, use something from that kit, then click on "Remove Kits." It will show you which kits you have used in that project and the fee (if applicable). You have the option to remove that kit from the project. A second way is to create the book, then add to your cart and checkout. You will see the charges associated with each kit (if applicable).
    >
    >I would really like Artscow to address this issue. Don't say it will stay FREE forever if sometime later there is a charge.
20/1/2011 5:48:07

Debra MacV
TotalPost:550
RE:RE:RE:RE:OK, I'm confused....FREE or not? Reply

>The same thing happened to me. All of my kits were added FREE but recently I found some kits now have a cost associated.
    >
    I have a possible explaination... when you use a template for a book or anything else, the kit is added to your kits.. it is free to use for that project. BUT if there is a cost for the kit, and if you use anything in it on another project you are charged the price of the kit.

That would also explain why if you have only added free kits, but then find that you have some in your collection that are not free.
20/1/2011 17:41:58

Jen
RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:OK, I'm confused....FREE or not? Reply

Debra - that's a good theory, but unfortunately I've never used anyone else's templates for anything, so it can't be that... And some of the kits that now have costs were added a year ago, before this whole template business began!!!

I have no idea what is going on at Artscow, but they're geting worse and worse and they seem to care less and les.
20/1/2011 19:58:05

Debra MacV
TotalPost:550
RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:OK, I'm confused....FREE or not? Reply

>Debra - that's a good theory, but unfortunately I've never used anyone else's templates for anything, so it can't be that... And some of the kits that now have costs were added a year ago, before this whole template business began!!!
    >
    >I have no idea what is going on at Artscow, but they're geting worse and worse and they seem to care less and les.

Oh well, so much for that theory, although I know it applies sometimes because I have experienced it with using templates. You are right about not knowing why they seem to care less and less though, for instance those gallery images that are STILL up. THAT is very hard to understand. Also it seems like Barry or Celia never reply to this forum anymore.
    >
20/1/2011 20:11:43

Hope
RE:OK, I'm confused....FREE or not? Reply

>I have used several FREE kits in the past. Now when I try to use them, there is a charge. I don't understand this. I thought if you added a kit that was marked FREE, it would remain FREE. I am not talking about those kits which are FREE for a limited time only.
    >
    >For example, the APPLE CIDER kit. It was FREE when I used it last fall. Now if I try to use it, there is a charge. When I check my kit collection, it still says FREE but then in parentheses (Paid) with the number of the order which used the kit.

I posted this question in the Letter to CEO forum and referenced this thread. Let's see if they answer.
21/1/2011 1:47:15

CeciliaAC
TotalPost:591
RE:RE:OK, I'm confused....FREE or not? Reply

Hello,

I am sorry for the long wait. Although we always say the forum is not an official place for Q & A (except for a few subjects), our customer service will try to check frequently and do what we can to help. However, we have been very busy during the holiday season so you haven't seen much of us on here. It is always best to email us your enquiries.

When you add kits to your account. You will notice some with a charge (cost in green) and some are free (red letter FREE). Some customers might get confused by the name of the kits. The status will be below the star rating. Once you saved it in your account, the status will not change. However, when you use them in the designer, you will see the kits currect status from 'remove kits' and not the status of the kits in your account. So always check in 'my kits' for the correct status.

When you ordered the designs with any kits (whether they are paid or free), you will see the word 'paid' next to the kits. It means that it has been used and you will not be charged again.

Kits used in the templates will not be saved in your account for other projects. It will only be available when using that particular templates.

I hope this makes more sense and if there is a problem, feel free to email us for assistance. Thank you!

Best regards,
    Cecilia

>>I have used several FREE kits in the past. Now when I try to use them, there is a charge. I don't understand this. I thought if you added a kit that was marked FREE, it would remain FREE. I am not talking about those kits which are FREE for a limited time only.
    >>
    >>For example, the APPLE CIDER kit. It was FREE when I used it last fall. Now if I try to use it, there is a charge. When I check my kit collection, it still says FREE but then in parentheses (Paid) with the number of the order which used the kit.
    >
    >
    >I posted this question in the Letter to CEO forum and referenced this thread. Let's see if they answer.
    [/color]
21/1/2011 16:11:32

Jen
RE:RE:RE:OK, I'm confused....FREE or not? Reply

Negative. When I clicked under MY KITS, that's where I found twelve kits that had a price. I've ONLY ever added free kits to my account. There should not be a price for any of them. I've deleted those kits so I dont' accidentally spend time making a project, only to abandon it because one of the kits is no longer free.

I appreciate the response, but it's not terribly helpful.
21/1/2011 20:04:26

CeciliaAC
TotalPost:591
RE:RE:RE:RE:OK, I'm confused....FREE or not? Reply

Hello,

I am sorry about this. If it happens again, please email us and we will check. Thank you!

Best regards,
    Cecilia

>
    >Negative. When I clicked under MY KITS, that's where I found twelve kits that had a price. I've ONLY ever added free kits to my account. There should not be a price for any of them. I've deleted those kits so I dont' accidentally spend time making a project, only to abandon it because one of the kits is no longer free.
    >
    >I appreciate the response, but it's not terribly helpful.
22/1/2011 9:12:58

Hope
RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:OK, I'm confused....FREE or not? Reply

>Hello,
    >
    >I am sorry about this. If it happens again, please email us and we will check. Thank you!
    >
    >Best regards,
    >Cecilia
    >
    >>
    >>Negative. When I clicked under MY KITS, that's where I found twelve kits that had a price. I've ONLY ever added free kits to my account. There should not be a price for any of them. I've deleted those kits so I dont' accidentally spend time making a project, only to abandon it because one of the kits is no longer free.
    >>
    >>I appreciate the response, but it's not terribly helpful.
    >

Cecilia,

I am sending you an e-mail. All my free kits are still listing a charge when I sue them.
5/2/2011 9:49:33

Hope
RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:OK, I'm confused....FREE or not? Reply

I finally got an answer from Artscow. Yes, it will show a charge in the designer--- but if you put the item in your cart and check out, it will NOT show an extra charge for using the kit.
10/2/2011 6:30:26

greenyoga
TotalPost:3
RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:OK, I'm confused....FREE or not? Reply

>I finally got an answer from Artscow. Yes, it will show a charge in the designer--- but if you put the item in your cart and check out, it will NOT show an extra charge for using the kit.

Congratulations.
6/1/2013 15:24:45

Meredith Hazel
TotalPost:18
RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:OK, I'm confused....FREE or not? Reply

>I finally got an answer from Artscow. Yes, it will show a charge in the designer--- but if you put the item in your cart and check out, it will NOT show an extra charge for using the kit.
    Unfortunately that is not happening to me. I found a cute free Christmas template but wanted to add a couple scrapbook pages so I found a few at 9 cents but when I went to check out the 9 cents never showed up but several different charges did and no one can help me.
12/1/2013 13:29:14
Page 1 of 1, Total 15 1