Your are the 1964th Viewer
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 1 of 1, Total 9 1
AuthorPosts

warren dodson
TotalPost:4
Low quality paper used for Calendar Reply

Disappointed with the Calendar I did in June 2011.

Artscow has used a lower grade paper which is much thinner than before and lacks body for hanging. Sent them a note about it but they didn't seem to understand.

I'd be happy to pay more to get good quality paper.
2/8/2011 15:47:49

Debra MacV
TotalPost:550
RE:Low quality paper used for Calendar Reply

uhoh... I was so impressed with last years calendars that I just ordered 12 more for this year for family Christmas gifts. I have not recieved them yet. I too will be so disappointed if they are "flimsy"

I guess I always assume that after ordering a project and liking the quality, that the quality will remain the same for future orders. Not so I guess.. :(
    -----------------------------------------------
    ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
    There are two lasting bequests we can give our children.
    One is roots. The other is wings. ~Hodding Carter, Jr.
11/8/2011 17:22:40

warren dodson
RE:RE:Low quality paper used for Calendar Reply

>uhoh... I was so impressed with last years calendars that I just ordered 12 more for this year for family Christmas gifts. I have not recieved them yet. I too will be so disappointed if they are "flimsy"
    >
    >I guess I always assume that after ordering a project and liking the quality, that the quality will remain the same for future orders. Not so I guess.. :(

Yes I was the same as you: my previous efforts were excellent and I just presumed (silly me) that the paper quality would be the same.
    The print quality is good and its just that the paper is thin and flimsy and the corners turn in when hung. Maybe I'm just being too fussy and I'm sure your rellies will be happy.
11/8/2011 17:43:56

Rick Conley
Title:Equine Photographer
TotalPost:37
RE:RE:RE:Low quality paper used for Calendar Reply

Oh boy Warren, I wish you hadn't posted this now. I had ordered 55 calendars to be printed (at my personal expense) to be sold at a club event upcoming in early October. They are already printed and on their way. I, like you, had assummed that the quality I have gotten from Artscow in the past will still be there. I will let you know what I think when they arrive. They are coming via FedEx and should be here later this week. I sure will be left hanging if they are not of good enough quality to sell and get my money back! I am going to keep my fingers crossed that yours were an anomoly.
    Rick Conley
    www.DraftHorsePhotos.com
22/8/2011 20:41:38

gina moore
TotalPost:2

>Disappointed with the Calendar I did in June 2011.
    >
    >Artscow has used a lower grade paper which is much thinner than before and lacks body for hanging. Sent them a note about it but they didn't seem to understand.
    >
    >I'd be happy to pay more to get good quality paper.

I really hope mine are the same as last year's!!! The group i just ordered to use as Christmas gifts for family is in shipment right now - I spent waaayyy too many hours designing to have them not be worth using as gifts!
23/8/2011 18:24:34

Rick Conley
Title:Equine Photographer
TotalPost:37

Okay, I got a big FedEx box from Artscow yesterday. Over $700 worth of calendars, cosmetic bags, and photo books. The good news is that the calendars are fine. The paper used is plenty heavy enough to perform fine when hung. In fact, I wouldn't want the paper to be any heavier. It has a slight gloss to it and gives the appearance of real quality. I will have no problem getting rid of these at the upcoming club event.
    Rick Conley
    www.DraftHorsePhotos.com
25/8/2011 2:15:14

warren dodson
RE:RE:Low quality paper used for Calendar Reply

>Okay, I got a big FedEx box from Artscow yesterday. Over $700 worth of calendars, cosmetic bags, and photo books. The good news is that the calendars are fine. The paper used is plenty heavy enough to perform fine when hung. In fact, I wouldn't want the paper to be any heavier. It has a slight gloss to it and gives the appearance of real quality. I will have no problem getting rid of these at the upcoming club event.

I'm really pleased to hear that. Sounds like they've got the message and gone back to the heavier paper and I will therefore now use them again. Thanks for letting us know.
25/8/2011 18:02:26

Debra MacV
TotalPost:550
RE:RE:RE:Low quality paper used for Calendar Reply

I also got mine... they are great. The paper is not quite as heavy as last year, but really, last years was a surprise when all the pages were as heavy as the cover. The pages this year are heavier than most calendars you'd buy in the store. I'm thrilled.

>>Okay, I got a big FedEx box from Artscow yesterday. Over $700 worth of calendars, cosmetic bags, and photo books. The good news is that the calendars are fine. The paper used is plenty heavy enough to perform fine when hung. In fact, I wouldn't want the paper to be any heavier. It has a slight gloss to it and gives the appearance of real quality. I will have no problem getting rid of these at the upcoming club event.
    >

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
    There are two lasting bequests we can give our children.
    One is roots. The other is wings. ~Hodding Carter, Jr.
25/8/2011 22:33:05

iptables101
TotalPost:63

So far, this year has been great. I rarely see complaints about paper quality. I guess this has been long resolved.

>Disappointed with the Calendar I did in June 2011.
    >
    >Artscow has used a lower grade paper which is much thinner than before and lacks body for hanging. Sent them a note about it but they didn't seem to understand.
    >
    >I'd be happy to pay more to get good quality paper.

Mastery through repition.
6/10/2012 21:56:12
Page 1 of 1, Total 9 1