Your are the 964th Viewer
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 1 of 1, Total 6 1
AuthorPosts

gail scheller
TotalPost:1
Canvas smearing? Reply

Hi, I'm interested in creating 7 - 16 x 20 stretched canvas prints. I am worried that if I get these wet they will smear. I read this on another forum. What can I do to stop that from happening. Where these will hang, they might get a little moisture once in a while. Do I have to go elsewhere or is there something I can spray on it.
13/9/2011 23:41:38

Linda
TotalPost:45
RE:Canvas smearing? Reply

Can't find the post that it's in, but yes there is something you can buy at most craft stores to waterproof the canvases. I'll keep lookin and try to find the name of it for ya :)

>Hi, I'm interested in creating 7 - 16 x 20 stretched canvas prints. I am worried that if I get these wet they will smear. I read this on another forum. What can I do to stop that from happening. Where these will hang, they might get a little moisture once in a while. Do I have to go elsewhere or is there something I can spray on it.
14/9/2011 22:17:32

Katy Wiseman
TotalPost:2

Spray fixative might help. Katy

>Hi, I'm interested in creating 7 - 16 x 20 stretched canvas prints. I am worried that if I get these wet they will smear. I read this on another forum. What can I do to stop that from happening. Where these will hang, they might get a little moisture once in a while. Do I have to go elsewhere or is there something I can spray on it.
18/9/2011 10:02:51

Patricia W
TotalPost:26

I thought some suggested Scotch Guarding before to protect canvases.
18/11/2011 7:13:26

Jennifer Sneed
TotalPost:130

I've heard that Scotchguard is the worst you can do! Just buy a spray acrylic sealer or fixative at an art or craft store. Any kind that is safe for artwork will protect it.

>Hi, I'm interested in creating 7 - 16 x 20 stretched canvas prits. I am worried that if I get these wet they will smear. I read this on another forum. What can I do to stop that from happening. Where these will hang, they might get a little moisture once in a while. Do I have to go elsewhere or is there something I can spray on it.
16/1/2012 20:53:39

mithcd
TotalPost:53
RE:RE:Canvas smearing? Reply

I dodn't know that Scotchguard is not a good option. Can you please explain further?

>I've heard that Scotchguard is the worst you can do! Just buy a spray acrylic sealer or fixative at an art or craft store. Any kind that is safe for artwork will protect it.
    >
    >>Hi, I'm interested in creating 7 - 16 x 20 stretched canvas prits. I am worried that if I get these wet they will smear. I read this on another forum. What can I do to stop that from happening. Where these will hang, they might get a little moisture once in a while. Do I have to go elsewhere or is there something I can spray on it.
    >

-----------------------------------------------
    A picture is a poem without words.
30/6/2012 21:29:40
Page 1 of 1, Total 6 1