New Topic | Reply to Topic | New Vote
Your are the 574th Viewer
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Add to Favorite Print
Page 1 of 1, Total 4 1
AuthorPosts

Mutemarmoset
TotalPost:4
Unable to get Huge Product Giveaway promotion because somebody else has my IP? Reply

This is the biggest crock I have ever heard. I live in the country. I am the only one in the house. I am not near enough to a neighbour for them to steal my wifi signal. Yet when I click on the link for this promotion it tells me I am not eligible because I am already a member. That's the first problem.

Because customer service claims I *am* eligible, but gosh, there are multiple users on my IP. After several exchanges that drops to one user and they give me her first name. I can tell you there is NOBODY by that name that lives anywhere near me.

Yes, I have cleared cookies. I have used a different browser, I STILL get the same refusal message, and I am not willing to drag out another computer to try that, too.

This is absolutely unacceptable. If you have this problem with a small regional IP in one country, what do you do with the mega servers out of the U.S.? How many hundreds of people on those get refused because they too, have a static IP?
2/4/2012 21:11:29

Mutemarmoset
TotalPost:4
RE:Unable to get Huge Product Giveaway promotion because somebody else has my IP? Reply

And the latest nonsense from customer service, is that because only one offer is available to a household, they only give it to the first person on a given IP. So if you are on a large, static IP, you are out of luck. And I'm on a small regional one.
3/4/2012 10:13:37

Amanda Konesni Leo
TotalPost:89
RE:Unable to get Huge Product Giveaway promotion because somebody else has my IP? Reply

My family is having this same problem too. They came to get me my referral credits, and because I told them how wonderful this place was for new members, giving them lots of credits to try and stuff. They live 6-7 streets down from me, some even on the other side of town. And yet, I didn't receive referral credits, and they never got their welcome credits because it claimed we were on the same ISP. We're not. Heck, we don't even have the same internet providers. Needless to say, those that joined for me haven't come back. And I know they would have bought tons of stuff if they had been treated fairly in the beginning.
4/4/2012 7:38:28

mithcd
TotalPost:53

Does anyone have a workaround for this? How about a proxy server, theoretically, I think it will work.
    -----------------------------------------------
    A picture is a poem without words.
17/6/2012 0:55:40
Page 1 of 1, Total 4 1